Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 124501 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #570 on: October 25, 2016, 02:34:22 pm »

Spoiler: HC003 (click to show/hide)
((holy shit that actualy worked. I'm a genius!))

Crawl back out the worms esophagus (gizzard? Crop?), and snipe support bugs from the safety of its mouth. Also, remember to turn off the electro net. That part is pretty important.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 25, 2016, 04:05:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fish009 drafts Yo007 and OcE005 into his squad. He gets out the jeep, and impales any Other Guys in the building with his spear.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 26, 2016, 01:00:15 pm »

Disarm the prisoner, then go and get some more.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 26, 2016, 08:03:00 pm »

Battle 2: Round 12 part A

Platoon 6

Squad Inside the bunker.

"Um, dude, ohmygod I am like way totally an assault gunner. Isn't that just the coolest?"
Purge my nausea status and a bunch of nasty calories into a convenient wastepaper basket.
Then once I feel better, just, like, get ready to clear the next floor of the bunker, y'know.

(1) You stagger toward the nearest bullet riddled waste receptacle and fall face first into it, toppling it over onto yourself. You dry heave for a moment, but nothing comes up. The world spins around you, much like you recently spun around the room. You feel as if it is doing a similar number on you as you did on the Other GuyTM, mere moments ago.

Disarm the prisoner, then go and get some more.
(3) "gimme those" you snarl, yanking his gun away and chucking it out the window. "Go surrender to someone who cares." You head out and find (6 )the base commander and a squad of The Other GuysTM, bunkered down in the command room itself! They are shooting at you! (5) But you duck back around the door and away from the doorway , letting them waste ammunition on the painting of a man on horseback across the hall. "I accept your surrender!" You shout, grinning evilly.

AT APC
Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Death of CAH001 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH002, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
Sneak upstairs to the fourth floor of the Command Post alone, avoiding contact. After doing so, hide in the nearest closet.
((They'll never see me coming...))
(2) One would think it would be easy to sneak into a building designed to prevent that sort of thing, while surrounded by guys making a hell of a lot of noise, and with The Other GuyTM Expecting you at every moment. Surprisingly, this is not the case. You walk into the main hall and stare for a moment at the big guy, laying on the floor and moaning int a wastepaper basket about some guys named Chuck, Ralph, and Egan. "there over here" you hear shouted from up the stairs. Well damn, you've been spotted.

Squad Zormod

Checking to make sure I actually have a promotion, or armor.

Recruit Tigr004 and some other freshly respawned private. Set a course to the west artillery encampment and get going.

You do, and you do.

Set a course? Set a fucking course? Okay, let's do that. "Hey guys! Let's go over there!" You shout, pointing at the giant cannon pointing almost directly up into the sky, towering over half teh quad, rivaled only by the giant cannon aimed a little bit lower, at your back. Course plotted. You head over, trailing your team, and encounter that bane of military men and rtd-ers everywhere: a big chainlink fence, complete with barbed wire running through it.

Jump out of the respawner vehicle and cry about the wanton loss of valutable life during war. Write a heartbreaking novel about the horrors of open warfare. Or a poem if I am incredibly pretentious.
What are you? A bleeding heart liberal? There is no sympathy for the clone in war! (1) You attempt to write a short poem about war with the tip of your gun, but y ushoot yourself in the foot. that Wound is Serious. and it hurts like a bitch. Well, at least you got the crying part down, as you limp along behind your squad leader to Artillery West.

Ask for grenade, charge towards Artillery West
Grenade received. You know, you could have said "throw the grenade at the Artillery Unit," And I would have rolled for that. Well, whatever, you stand next to Zr007 and some guy with a bloody foot and stare at a big chain link fence and enormous rock hard shaft rising promiscuously in front of you. "So, boss. What's the target?"

Squad Fish

Fish009 drafts Yo007 and OcE005 into his squad. He gets out the jeep, and impales any Other Guys in the building with his spear.
Looks like one of your inductees would rather fight the Artillery unit. (4) you head in, past the guy trying to barf on the floor, and the sneaky guy on his tiptoes making cartoon sneaking noises, rush up the stairs and run two guys clean through with your spear. "We're over here!" You shout, in case the enemy didn't hear the guys you just stabbed.

That magazine will come in handy if I need to sneak past some guards.
Lay down some smoke on the quad, and werf same flammen at the east artillery. Any structure is flammable if you burn hard enuff!

"MMPH MMPH! AWOOO!"
(5) The quad takes on a lovely greenish color, which boils up quite thick and noxious. That'll learn those pesky Other GuysTM! And any Grunts foolish enough to stand around in the quad trying to get into one of the artillery placements. (3) you fire up the ol' grill, and melt some barbed wire, stepping casually through the hole with a victorious "MMMPH! MMM, MMM, MMMPH!" and shake your flamethrower in the air. the terror is palpable

Head in inside and with my Point man prowess, plot a path plowing towards potential enemies.
(3) well, looks like a few others have beaten you to it on floor one. Oh and there's a guy already stabbing people on floor two. So, like any point man would do at such signs of military semi-competence, you shrug your shoulders, and head up to floor three. Good, looks like none of the Grunts has gotten here yet.

Platoon 6 death rolls
Hat007 is surprised by a grenade tossed out of the Command Room, and throws himself backward, but too late. He is blown apart.
CAH002 gets into melee with some guys in the Battle for the Stairs, and is maimed. Choose a limb to lose the function of.
Zr007 gets caught up in some pyro's smoke screen and gets a lungful. You receive a serious wound - smoke inhalation.
Fish009 Is shot through by a group of enemies in a counteroffensive at the Battle of the Stairs, and is maimed. you would have died except for being a heavy grunt. But you also get a bleedout counter, at 0/3, ticking up every turn.
OCE005 and Yo007 each receive minor wounds.

Instructions for next round

Everyone: It's gonna be a few minutes for the next part of the turn. please be patient

Platoon 6: Artillery West: 1/3 hits. Artillery East: 0/3 hits.
Command bunker: Floor one clear contested. Floor two contested. Floor three: in enemy hands. floor four: in enemy hands. Command Room: located.
Captured: One (1) corporal.

Newbies: You'll arrive on foot, walking through the main gate, and seeing a giant smokescreen blotting out everything except the tops of the two artillery guns.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 26, 2016, 08:36:16 pm »

Battle 2: Round 12 part B

Platoon 8
There's only six of you active? And I have like, nine in platoon 6 now, forsome reason. ah well, you are geting to your objectives at about the same snail's pace, so whatever.

Damn, I was hoping to have a sort of idiot-savant who was literally immortal.  I guess I had to die sometime. I start again in platoon 8 yes?

Arrive on the battlefield. Shoot bugs.
(6) you kill (4) + (1) bugs! They are really thinning out.

Use my knife on the worm and try to free HC003 then bitch slap him for his stupid plan. If there is time go free the other guy as well.
(1)You stick your knife into the worm's upper mouthpart, and slap it affectionately on what passes for a lip. "Bet those guys are rel comfy in there, eh Wormy? Wormy? That sounds wrong. Corpsey? Worpsey? Cormy? Bah, Rotting Stinkbag, then. I'll let the philosophers worry about clever names."

Well then, getting to digging my way out of these worm guts. pull my knife out of the worm as well.

((Just like old times))
(3) you are 1/3 of the way out. and 2 rounds to go to live.

"Darn you Flying SandCarp!!"Help digout my teammates, and shoot any stray bugs with Carp power help.

(That was hilarious. I thoroughly enjoined that, that I siged it.)
(Neat!) (1) your weapon was in the other hand! You are without gun. oh boy. Well, you can only hope that that carp makes good use of it (4) It does. It leaps out of the ground and fires a random shot, killing a large lizard sunning itself on a rack nearby. the other Flying SandCarp all leap out and devour the lizard within moments.

Only 1 kill? Unacceptable.

CHARGE!!!!!!

Know no Fear.

Feel no Pain.

(4) no seizure. Bah, they said this was a bad thing, but you showed them. You'll outlive the average Grunt yet! (3) you charge fearlessly. Where were you going again? (1) You stop to think, and all the pan hits you at once. you try to clutch your everything, but there's too much of it and not enough hands, and you fall over, writhing in pure agony.

((holy shit that actualy worked. I'm a genius!))

Crawl back out the worms esophagus (gizzard? Crop?), and snipe support bugs from the safety of its mouth. Also, remember to turn off the electro net. That part is pretty important.
(1) You bump into Jag. "I think I'm going the wrong way." The net has already shorted out, so no need to worry about that. On the other hand, you're still entangled. And it's not like there is a lot of room in here. You will begin suffocating. Take a 0/3 counter and tick it up every round.

Platoon 8 death rolls
Aig001 and HC003 each receive a seroious wound this round. Aig001's is from his maimed torso, which bumps up his chance of seizure again to 3/6,
while HC003's is from being squished inside giant wormguts.

Instructions for next round

Platoon 8: You have 1 worm to kill (The other is dead via really stupid electrocution.), and 18 support bugs.

Newbies just jump on in!

Two turns to dig out Jag and HC or they die.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 26, 2016, 08:43:07 pm »

keep digging to freedom.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:47:23 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 26, 2016, 08:45:14 pm »

start carving the worm to try to get Jag and HC out. 

I'm feeling a bit of déjà vu
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 26, 2016, 08:47:15 pm »

Sneak up behind the Other GuysTM that were shooting down at Fish009 and start pelting them.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 26, 2016, 08:52:17 pm »

"Darn you Flying Sandcarp I need that gun!" look around for a gun, maybe I have an extra in my backpack. If I find a gun then shoot some bugs, failing that try to dig out Jag and HC with MY BARE HANDS.

(I put all my luck in that first roll)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 26, 2016, 08:56:55 pm »

Knife the worm open after I've finished my debate with it and patch up the idiots that got eaten
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 26, 2016, 09:07:00 pm »

Shrug off the net and start digging side by side with jag. Teamwork makes the dream work.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Cahillguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 26, 2016, 10:26:30 pm »

Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maiming of CAH002 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH002, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
"Not today!" I yell at the enemies above. I retreat down to the third floor while blindly shooting behind me with my gun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 26, 2016, 11:59:50 pm »

Look over my shoulder to see Fish running off in totally the wrong direction to have any fun. Shrug.
Burn that gun! Burn!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 27, 2016, 06:32:46 am »

Transform into a wolfman and maul the nearest worm.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 27, 2016, 07:46:24 am »

Fish roars and charges towards the enemies who shot him, attempting to skewer them into an Other Guy kebab.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70