Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 125426 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #585 on: October 27, 2016, 09:06:13 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If in range thrown grenade at the Artillery Unit. if not create a hole in the fence trough shooting at it.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 27, 2016, 06:00:45 pm »

I don't have the time or patience to deal with this the smart way. Aim at the fence and fire until it stops being in my way.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 28, 2016, 12:16:14 am »

(4) no seizure. Bah, they said this was a bad thing, but you showed them. You'll outlive the average Grunt yet! (3) you charge fearlessly. Where were you going again? (1) You stop to think, and all the pan hits you at once. you try to clutch your everything, but there's too much of it and not enough hands, and you fall over, writhing in pure agony.

FEEL NO PAIN, BABY, FEEL NO PAIN.

We die standing, keep charging (or crawling) in the general direction of the enemy. Use my gun, foul language, mean thoughts, or any combination of the above to destroy the enemies of the Imperium!

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 28, 2016, 02:39:03 pm »

Enter the command bunker, help re-secure the ground floor.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 28, 2016, 03:03:44 pm »

Follow the squadleader and cry like a bitch. Demoralize the enemy with my girlish wails. Call my mommy.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 28, 2016, 09:00:26 pm »

"Ugh, like, gag me with a spoon. This is, sooooo not cool."
Cure my nausea using scotch whiskey from the flask that I totally definitely have because the GM didn't object to me including it in my inventory.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 29, 2016, 09:28:29 am »

Battle 2: Round 13 part A

Platoon 6

Squad Inside the bunker.
"Ugh, like, gag me with a spoon. This is, sooooo not cool."
Cure my nausea using scotch whiskey from the flask that I totally definitely have because the GM didn't object to me including it in my inventory.
And you thought I didn't notice because I didn't object? (6) you down the whole thing (it was a small flask), curing your nausea, and you know, getting you drunk. You stand up and wobble a bit, wondering where the hell everyone went. You have acquired the status: drunk, and the status: baskethead. Oh, and put that wastebasket in your inventory, attached to your helmet. (5) at least you can see out of it, through the various bullet holes. You have restricted field of view, so aiming will be a challenge. not that that's a problem for you, but it's gonna make hell for your fellow Grunts.

Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maiming of CAH002 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH002, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
"Not today!" I yell at the enemies above. I retreat down to the third floor while blindly shooting behind me with my gun.
You never got up the stairs. You stopped at the base of the stairs on floor one, so you are there with Fish and whoever else. (5) you scream and fire, driving The Other GuysTM back up the stairs. [1 kill]

Enter the command bunker, help re-secure the ground floor.
(4) you get in, pat the big guy with the basket on his head on the shoulder, and begin shooting up the stairs with the others. Getting crowded here. [1 kill]

Squad Zormod

I don't have the time or patience to deal with this the smart way. Aim at the fence and fire until it stops being in my way.
You're going to shoot a chain link fence? With bullets? ... gonna take more than one five to make that work. (1) you fire until your weapon runs dry. "What do they make these fences out of? Wizardy?" Suddenly, your ears ring and your head hurts, like someone smacked you, hard. "You must really like getting bitchslapped, Grunt," You hear whispered in your ear.
"At least drive the damned Jeep into it."

If in range thrown grenade at the Artillery Unit. if not create a hole in the fence trough shooting at it.
You are. You are totally in range of the Artillery unit. (3) the grenade deflects a bit and lands outside the unit. It explodes, blowing open the door and wrecking the fence over there, enough for you guys to get in one at a time (one per round) No damage to the actual structure though.

Follow the squadleader and cry like a bitch. Demoralize the enemy with my girlish wails. Call my mommy.
(3) you shed a few tears, and snot runs down your face. it's gross, and more revolting tan demoralizing. "I want my [Standard Grunt Cloning Tank Model 374]!"

Squad Fish

Fish roars and charges towards the enemies who shot him, attempting to skewer them into an Other Guy kebab.
(1) you trip on the stairs and fumble your spear. Ugh, you hope no one saw that.

Sneak up behind the Other GuysTM that were shooting down at Fish009 and start pelting them.
(1) Your weapon misfires. Gotta hit the reset switch.

Look over my shoulder to see Fish running off in totally the wrong direction to have any fun. Shrug.
Burn that gun! Burn!

(6) you revel in the screams coming out of the Artillery unit as you gleefully spread fire throughout it. This unit will not fire this round, or the next. (1/3) damage done. [5 kills] looks like your smoke grenades are going to get some friendly kills too.

Platoon 6 death rolls
CAH002 loses another limb in The Battle For the Stairs, (1) and dies from his wounds. (you can return as a zombie this round, but will die at the end of the battle)
Hat008 receives a minor wound in the scuffle.
Zr007 is incapacitated by the smoke in the quad Status: suffocating (1/3)
Zii007 is seriously damaged by the smoke in the Quad.
Yo007 receives a serious wound in The Battle For the Stairs
Fish009 and OCE005 each receive a minor wound.

Instructions for next round

Everyone: It's gonna be a few minutes for the next part of the turn. please be patient

Platoon 6: Artillery West: 1/3 hits. Fence damaged, door broken - one Grunt can enter per round. (Currently assaulting: Squad Zormod)
Artillery East: 1/3 hits. (currently assaulting: OCE005)
Command bunker: Floor one clear. (Currently 'assaulting': ynk005)
Floor two contested. (Currently assaulting: CAH002, HAT008, Fish009, Yo007)
Floor three: in enemy hands.
floor four: in enemy hands. Command Room: located.
Captured: One (1) corporal.

Newbies: You'll arrive on foot, walking through the main gate, and seeing a giant smokescreen blotting out everything except the tops of the two artillery guns.
You can join as a Halloween Monster this round only.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:53:59 am by Ozarck »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 29, 2016, 09:52:18 am »

Battle 2: Round 13 part B

Platoon 8

Shooting the last worm:
Transform into a wolfman and maul the nearest worm.

When did you get a medic's uniform again?
transform? Wolfman? Oh, Halloween, riiiiight. (2) you howl at the ... empty sky and attack the last living worm, only to do no damage.

Shooting bugs:

"Darn you Flying Sandcarp I need that gun!" look around for a gun, maybe I have an extra in my backpack. If I find a gun then shoot some bugs, failing that try to dig out Jag and HC with MY BARE HANDS.

(I put all my luck in that first roll)
(5) there are no spare guns in your backpack. You each get issued one gun. You kick the ground in disappointment. the ground sure is squishy. You look down, and realize that you kicked the corpse of a fellow Grunt. And he has a gun! And now you have a gun. (3) with which you kill one bug!

(4) no seizure. Bah, they said this was a bad thing, but you showed them. You'll outlive the average Grunt yet! (3) you charge fearlessly. Where were you going again? (1) You stop to think, and all the pan hits you at once. you try to clutch your everything, but there's too much of it and not enough hands, and you fall over, writhing in pure agony.

FEEL NO PAIN, BABY, FEEL NO PAIN.

We die standing, keep charging (or crawling) in the general direction of the enemy. Use my gun, foul language, mean thoughts, or any combination of the above to destroy the enemies of the Imperium!

(5) no seizure this round either. (4) you wobble to your feet, hack out some blood, and (5) Kill (5) + (3) bugs. Wow. You receive the CP "takes a beating, and gives it right back."

Digging out fools:

keep digging to freedom.
start carving the worm to try to get Jag and HC out. 

I'm feeling a bit of déjà vu

Knife the worm open after I've finished my debate with it and patch up the idiots that got eaten
Spoiler: HC003 (click to show/hide)

Shrug off the net and start digging side by side with jag. Teamwork makes the dream work.
(6)(2)(5)(6)the rescue is a success! I hope the death rolls don't make this a Pyrrhic victory.

Platoon 8 death rolls
Bo003 is maimed by the worm he is attacking and dies to his wounds. (you can return next round as a werewolf, but this character will die at the end of the battle)
Mar001 receives a minor wound in his fight against the bugs
AIG001 gets a serious wound in his rampage. How you are still standing is a testament ot he medical ingenuity of the Empire (and definitely not a matter of luck)
Sn002 receives a serious wound from some support bugs as he digs his friends to freedom
KH006 is trampled to death by the last remaining worm as he goes to patch up his comrades (you can return as a ghoul this round, but will die at the end of the battle)

Instructions for next round

Platoon 8: You have 1 worm to kill (The other is dead via really stupid electrocution.), and 9 support bugs.

Newbies just jump on in! For this round only, come in as a Halloween monster. Spoooooooooky.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 29, 2016, 10:49:10 am »

Go into last stand mode and fire my pistol at the bugs.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 29, 2016, 10:54:17 am »

"Medic!" Looks like I should try to stop the bleedout.

(was soo engrossed by the carp and bugs that I forgot I was bleeding  :D)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 29, 2016, 11:13:08 am »

Ask for grenade, enter Artillery West building
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 29, 2016, 12:28:50 pm »

Reluctantly murder every That Guy in sight.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 29, 2016, 01:06:16 pm »

Seek a medic for the serious wound I gained.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 29, 2016, 01:15:19 pm »

Tackle a Other Guytm down the stairs!
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 29, 2016, 01:40:14 pm »

((I got the uniform from the crashed carrier.))
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 70