Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 125449 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #600 on: October 29, 2016, 02:07:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Try not to suffocate any more, reload if I can.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 29, 2016, 04:22:25 pm »

Toss a frag grenade up the stairs, ascend and mop up after it.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 29, 2016, 06:25:31 pm »

Spoiler: OcE005 (click to show/hide)

"Mmph?"
Check the label on these smoke grenades? Were these supposed to be poisonous? If so, toss one into the artillery installation!
Keep on burnin'. Think about the awesome after-action report I'm going to write.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 29, 2016, 08:36:32 pm »

"Does thiss wassebasket, like, make my butt look big? Ohmygod how embarrassshing this is so uncool."

Stagger charge up to the second floor, trying to spot any remaining Other GuysTM through the... eye holes in my new, uh, helmet.
If there are any left by the time I get there, either shoot them or pummel them with my heavy-ass gun. Otherwise, buddy up with someone else to simultaneously go guns-blazing up to the next floor.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:21:05 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cahillguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 29, 2016, 08:51:26 pm »

Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
I rush up the stairs, biting the necks of all enemies in sight.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 29, 2016, 10:43:55 pm »

Bo004 deploys with the reinforcements. After changing into a wolfman, Bo004 immediately mauls any support bugs nearby.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 30, 2016, 12:02:39 am »

"BY OUR DEATHS THEY SHALL KNOW US. COME ON YOU APES, DO YOU WANA LIVE FOREVER!?"

Use my faith as a shield against seizures and bugs. Keep leading by example and charge the enemy to death.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 30, 2016, 01:14:39 am »

Find that last worm! Kill it! Kill it good!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 30, 2016, 03:48:04 am »

Be a WereWolf

Kick my way out of the reinforcement craft and RIP AND TEAR my way through the worm
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 30, 2016, 03:51:37 am »

Fish coughs embarassedly, before once again engaging in melee.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 31, 2016, 06:55:34 pm »

Battle 2: Round 14 part A

Platoon 6

Inside the bunker.

Toss a frag grenade up the stairs, ascend and mop up after it.
(4) you clear the first room on the second floor [1 kill]

"Does thiss wassebasket, like, make my butt look big? Ohmygod how embarrassshing this is so uncool."

Stagger charge up to the second floor, trying to spot any remaining Other GuysTM through the... eye holes in my new, uh, helmet.
If there are any left by the time I get there, either shoot them or pummel them with my heavy-ass gun. Otherwise, buddy up with someone else to simultaneously go guns-blazing up to the next floor.

(1) you valiantly charge up, and heroically tumble back down the stairs.

Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
I rush up the stairs, biting the necks of all enemies in sight.
(4) you shamble up the stairs and into the next room, biting one of The Other GuysTM on the neck, killing him.

Squad Zormod

Try not to suffocate any more, reload if I can.
(4)You activate your helmet's rebreather and cough a few times. You reload by muscle memory.

Reluctantly murder every That Guy in sight.
There are none of The Other GuysTm out in the quad. You sigh in relief.

Ask for grenade, enter Artillery West building
(4) grenade in hand, you step through the fence and into the artillery unit itself. It is a bloody mess in here. You wonder idly if that eyeball laying on the control console in a pulpy mass of meat is compatible with yours.

Squad Fish

Fish coughs embarassedly, before once again engaging in melee.
(4) you manage to get in along with the zombie, and kill the last Other GuyTM on floor two.

Tackle a Other Guytm down the stairs!
(1) you find yourself at the foot of the stairs, disoriented, and looking into the bullet holes of a wastebasket that smells strongly of liquor. "This is like, totally .. like Oh My God, you know?" The wastebasket intones in a slurred, basso profundo valley girl accent.

squad flamethrower
Spoiler: OcE005 (click to show/hide)

"Mmph?"
Check the label on these smoke grenades? Were these supposed to be poisonous? If so, toss one into the artillery installation!
Keep on burnin'. Think about the awesome after-action report I'm going to write.

(3) you toss a smoke grenade into the installation. Smoke begins boiling out of it. You burn some more stuff. You hear an ominous hum, as of a large, violent machine ramping up to toss some shit into the air in order to kill a bunch of shit.

Platoon 6 death rolls
Fish009 is maimed in melee, and Yo007 is killed by a laser shot from above. Looks like The Other GuysTm up on floor three are pushing back. CAH002 receives a serious wound, but he's a zombie, so he doesn't really care.

Instructions for next round

Everyone: It's gonna be a few minutes for the next part of the turn. please be patient

Platoon 6: Quad: empty except for smoke, one broken jeep with a functional top guin, and one functional jeep with a functional top gun
Artillery West: 1/3 hits. Fence damaged, door broken - one Grunt can enter per round. (Currently assaulting: Squad Zormod)
Artillery East: 1/3 hits. (currently assaulting: OCE005)
Command bunker: Floor one clear. (Currently 'assaulting': ynk005, Yo007) also, one functional jeep with a functional topgun.
Floor two clear. (Currently assaulting: CAH002-zombie, HAT008, Fish009)
Floor three: in enemy hands.
floor four: in enemy hands. Command Room: located.
Captured: One (1) corporal.

Newbies: You'll arrive on foot, walking through the main gate, and seeing a giant smokescreen blotting out everything except the tops of the two artillery guns.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 07:00:41 pm by Ozarck »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 31, 2016, 07:26:36 pm »

Battle 2: Round 14 part B

Platoon 8

Shooting the last worm:

Find that last worm! Kill it! Kill it good!
(2) yo ufind the worm and fire, only to see your shot deflect off a stone lodged in the worm's folds.

Be a WereWolf

Kick my way out of the reinforcement craft and RIP AND TEAR my way through the worm

(2) you go to kick the door as it opens in front of you. You tumble gracefully down the ramp and launch an all out assault on a worm. You rip and tear until it stops moving, hardly noticing that it wasn't moving to begin with. you gain a cp: [mutilate the corpse]. Fangs dripping gore and claws oozing ichor, you cast your glowing red eyes across the battlefield, looking for something more to kill. You thirst for blooooooooood.

Shooting bugs:

Go into last stand mode and fire my pistol at the bugs.
(4) you kill (1) bug

Bo004 deploys with the reinforcements. After changing into a wolfman, Bo004 immediately mauls any support bugs nearby.

(5) an ordinary grunt steps out of the vehicle and marches slowly at first, toward the carnage. his breathing gets heavier and his pace gets faster as his legs elongate and his arms bend. Claws flashing and jaw extending, he lashes out int othe remaining bugs, crushing, biting, rending killing (2) + (6) bugs, and ending their menace in this place. the monster, barely sated in his thirst for violence, turns his gaze: across the battlefield he looks - for a Challenge.

"BY OUR DEATHS THEY SHALL KNOW US. COME ON YOU APES, DO YOU WANA LIVE FOREVER!?"

Use my faith as a shield against seizures and bugs. Keep leading by example and charge the enemy to death.
(2) ah, at last. You scream out the first half of your challege and begin frothing at the mouth. Yo ufall on the ground and twitch, cough and froth (6) you don't die this turn, but will have to roll 4 or higher to stop the convulsions.

Healing and being healed(maybe):

"Medic!" Looks like I should try to stop the bleedout.

(was soo engrossed by the carp and bugs that I forgot I was bleeding  :D)
(5) the medic appears and patches you up. You can remove your bleeding status, and your minor wound. Yo're still maimed though.

Seek a medic for the serious wound I gained.
(2) looks like the only really functional medic at the moment is busy. damn.

Platoon 8 death rolls
One worm left, so what I'm gonna do this round, is roll for the worm 's action, and roll a second die to see if something else comes along.
(3) the worm attacks two of you. [roll a d7 for who(6)(5)]
(2) AIG001 is crushed, being maimed again and dying of his various wounds,
and (1) Mar001 is bitten in half, dying in a spray of blood and guts.

And(3) a small swarm of support bugs comes to reinforce the lone worm - or t ofeast on the grand banquet you have provided. Whichever. there are hmmm, say d20 +10 bugs, so 13
that'll be it for enemy reinforcements, else I could drag it out forever.
Instructions for next round

Platoon 8: You have 1 worm to kill, and 13 support bugs
both werewolves are live and active.
Newbies come in an air car with a mounted gun. pick a driver and a gunner.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 31, 2016, 07:31:52 pm »

Call the medic again. Shoot bugs.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 31, 2016, 07:46:59 pm »

Go through the hole in the fence.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 31, 2016, 07:48:40 pm »

Spoiler: Yo008 (click to show/hide)

Grab two privates and head to Artillery East.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 70