Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 125203 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #795 on: November 30, 2016, 05:30:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Command my Grunts to start firing on the Other GuysTM as I head into cover.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 01, 2016, 12:45:11 pm »

Thank you once again, body armour.
Get away from the Brick and onto something resembling dry land.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 02, 2016, 02:10:38 am »

I'm going to stop playing for a while.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 03, 2016, 01:42:14 am »

Edit your platoons, ya schmucks! they are now Platoons 1, 3, and 4, based on your brick number.
I don't wanna have to track down your previous posts to know where to put you.
Battle 3: Round 2

Brick 1

Keep advancing until we get to the enemy, then lay down DAKKA!
Platoon One, Grunt! (3) no seizure! (2) you wade three steps forward. The muck sure does suck in these parts. Sounds like one of the other bricks has been having all the fun, while your teammates are all doing the boring duty of being eaten by the wildlife.

"Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg"Shoot at what ever that was.
(5) you fire into the water, sending up a roiling mass of steam. A moment later, a roiling mass of flesh floats belly up next to  the Brick. It's long, green on top and light green on bottom, and smells of old fish. You get a swamp monster kill. Still only counts as one.

Use my flame thrower to boil the water and drive the monsters away from the brick
(3) you set the surface of the water ablaze. gonna make it hard for everyone to ... you know, maneuver, see, shoot the enemy, that kind of thing. Well, at least you are cooking Mar004's Swamp thing. A littel unevenly, but that just adds to the flavor, right?

Respawn and look into the water.
"Shit's on fire, you. You say pasively as one teammate boils the brains of a swamp monster and another boils the swamp. "Oh, hey, there're two more!"

Platoon 1
Unit number: MG003

Stay in the Brick, and fire down into the swamp. Be specially pissed off because that other guy still had his gum.
(1) You fall in. You goddamned fall into the swamp, with the monsters and the fire and the gum. "Fuuuuuuuuuuck Yoooooooouuuuuuu, nature!"

Stay in the Brick, and fire down into the swamp.
(6) You hit something, and it hits back, shaking the whole brick with a loud whannnnnng! (3) you drop to a knee, mere inches from the algea covered, fish smelling, burning water.

Brick 1 death rolls
Aig001 gets bit, and suffered a serious injury. He is also [grappled]
Mar004 gets steam and boiling water on himself and suffers a minor [burn]
KH008 gets tailslapped by an abomonation of nature, and is flung into the brick. He sustains a maiming injury (3)his fuel tank is [dented]
Zr008 takes a part of that hit as well, and suffers a serious wound.

Brick 3
Thank you once again, body armour.
Get away from the Brick and onto something resembling dry land.
(5) You get into the woods, and up onto a squishy, mossy, muddy piece of land. Looks shallower from here forward, but it's a swamp, so who knows?

Continue trying to stop convulsing, If successful call my bosses with the headset and say that the serum is a failure
(1) Well, shit. Looks like the serum is an even bigger failure than that. You died convulsing. the Chaplain closes your still twitching eyes, thoug hthey pop open again immediately. "At least he died peacefully, and didn't suffer." he declares solemnly.

Chew piece of Gum to remove Leaf Taste. Climb nearby Tree, look for Enemies to Dakka. If enemies seen, Dakka.

Platoon 3, Grunt! (5) Your gum gains the status: [chewed], and yo uget the leaf taste out. I mean, the artificial gum flavored chewing resin isn't much better, but at least it tastes like home. And sweat socks. (2) you wade waist deep toward the woods, but can't get a purchase on the first tree that you encounter. the limbs are too thin, and keep bending or snapping.

Spoiler: HC005 (click to show/hide)

"That was my good arm you bastards!" Look for solid ground and get out at that part. Take cover behind one of the many trees.
Platoon 3, Grunt! (1) you basically belly flop face first into the water. You come up coated in muck and gunk. the screams to teh left, and the gunfire to the right tell you that at least the other two bricks are having fun.

Brick 3 Death Rolls.
Hat008 puts his hand on something that looked like a plant, but wasn't. it lashes out at him, giving him a serious wound. (4) at least it doesn't look venomous, and the wound is clean, so it shouldn't get infected.
HC005, on the other hand, is wrapped up by a very large snake, which bites him in the chest, just enough to get through his grunt armor and poison him. He convulses in agony, foaming at the mouth, before his eyes roll into his head and he slips below the waves. he's dead. Who knew that giant snakes could be venomous too?

Brick 4

Command my Grunts to start firing on the Other GuysTM as I head into cover.
Your grunts fire toward the Other GuysTM (1)(2) ineffectually, as is Grunt tradition. one has to unjam his weapon next round. (3) you wade to shore and get a little cover, but you still feel naked. Looks like there's cover a little farther in though.

((Hells yeah, winning on the CP front. Pretty soon I'll be able to sit around in my command APC and have a mental breakdown as my men all get killed by the damn ayys.))

"Go! They're still suprised!"

Run in and kill the bad dudes!
(6) You leap into the water and wade forward, firing as you go. You attract some attention, but you kill a guy as well.

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)
Dip under the water again and start dragging isolated enemies under the water before stabbing them to death with my knife. If the water around them is too shallow for that then pop up out of the water and start blasting away with my dual sidearms.
(6) you duck under and pop up out behind one guy on the side. his blood curdling scream is cut short as the two of you disappear under the water just as the enemy returns fire at your position. between you and Oce006, you guys have them unnerved.

Spoiler: CW004 'K' (click to show/hide)

Time for yet another crazy plan. Part One: "I totally have a chance, guys!"
Start chewing delicious gum. Say a cool one-liner.
Use cyborglegs to rapidly run and leap towards something resembling enemy base. Fire (with laserarms if I can have them deployed while moving, or just regular gun otherwise) at anyone who notices me, and stop once I hit a "safe" area - by a building or other object or something behind/in enemy lines where I'm not seen at the moment. Survey area & transmit tactical data to others via my comms equipment.

If I get REALLY noticed, start swearing profusely as I run back.

(1) you run the length of the Brick, launch yourself into the air, and sail at an angle across the frontline of the Other GuyTM. You get a good look at he swamp, and the dozen or so of the Other GuyTM before crashing into the trees and falling with a thud and a splash into the swamp again. (1) You manage to miss every sing le one of them as you fly, too. (6) at least you managed to not break any of your CyberpartsTM, so that's a relief.

Brick 4 Death Rolls
yo008 takes a second serious wound from return fire, as does Oce006
Dug gets maimed as well, though the water deflected the shot enough to keep him from getting killed.
CW004 'k' loses a layer of armor, and takes serious damage to one of his systems. Pick one and mark it as damaged.

I'm going to stop playing for a while.
Shucks. We'll miss ya.

Instructions for next round
Brick One: There are at least two Swamp monsters around your brick. You know what to do.
Brick Three: Dodge the snake and head into the woods, yo. The Other Guys[supTM[/sup] are encamped That Way.
Brick Four: you got about eight guys to kill. Maybe a couple more. Try not to lose too many badasses in the process, eh? this was a pretty rough round for you overall.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 03, 2016, 01:53:52 am »

Head towards Other Guys. Climb Tree that looks sufficiently climbable.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 03, 2016, 02:06:43 am »

By "one of my systems" do you mean a limb? Or some more cyborg-y type thing?
I'm assuming a limb now, but if I get an answer before the next round I'd like to change it.

Also I can't help but notice the ATROCIOUS ABSENCE OF MY ONE-LINER.
WORST GAME EVER.
LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE.

Crazy Plan 1 Part Two Contingency Plan: "Rig the Bodies 2: The Living Bomb", GO!
Make a note to self look ahead when jumping.
Stealth my way over to the most isolated (nearby) Other Guy™. Disable them, plant a primed large grenade somewhere on his body where it can't be noticed, wake him up, run away, hide, and hope he reunites with his pals before exploding.

If I can remotely detonate the grenade, do that when he's close to other Other Guys™.
If I can't remotely detonate the grenade, see if I can modify the grenade to make it last longer before exploding. Only do this if I don't have a chance of blowing myself up in the process.
If I can't do either of the above, just prime it regularly and hope for the best.

Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 03, 2016, 02:33:19 am »

"Yippie ki a, motherfuckers! Come eat some photons!"

Rock and roll all over someone's face.

By "one of my systems" do you mean a limb? Or some more cyborg-y type thing?
I'm assuming a limb now, but if I get an answer before the next round I'd like to change it.

Also I can't help but notice the ATROCIOUS ABSENCE OF MY ONE-LINER.
WORST GAME EVER.
LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE.

Crazy Plan 1 Part Two Contingency Plan: "Rig the Bodies 2: The Living Bomb", GO!
Make a note to self look ahead when jumping.
Stealth my way over to the most isolated (nearby) Other Guy™. Disable them, plant a primed large grenade somewhere on his body where it can't be noticed, wake him up, run away, hide, and hope he reunites with his pals before exploding.

If I can remotely detonate the grenade, do that when he's close to other Other Guys™.
If I can't remotely detonate the grenade, see if I can modify the grenade to make it last longer before exploding. Only do this if I don't have a chance of blowing myself up in the process.
If I can't do either of the above, just prime it regularly and hope for the best.

Help with the CW 004 'K' plan by being the one who stealthily disables and drags the guy away, rather than the massive artillery cyborg.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 05:13:03 pm by Egan_BW »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 03, 2016, 02:33:34 am »

Counter Grapple while holding down the trigger of my gun to hopefully hose down whatever is biting me.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 03, 2016, 04:09:26 am »

Unit number: MG003

Climb back into the brick, or up a tree, or onto the dead monster, whatever is quicker. Fire at the monsters if attacked or once I got to safety.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:28:37 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 03, 2016, 05:21:21 am »

Get our medic to patch me up staying in the back of the brick while the other grunts do there damn jobs
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 03, 2016, 06:04:11 am »

Inject serum charge towards the woods ready to shoot the snake if it appears
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 03, 2016, 09:46:10 am »

Continue firing into the swamp
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 03, 2016, 03:03:42 pm »

If those other two monsters are close together, yet not close enough to a teammate for friendly fire to be a problem, toss a frag at them.
If not, take potshots at one of the ones near the brick.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:39:23 pm by Zormod »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 03, 2016, 03:33:52 pm »

If they're close together that'll probably be because they're coming for the "bait" in the water, thank you very much. Can I haz some support that doesn't involve friendly fragging plz?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 03, 2016, 07:33:09 pm »

You do have a point. Editing now.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 70