Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 125525 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #810 on: December 04, 2016, 12:06:03 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have my Grunts focus on giving K covering fire.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 04, 2016, 10:42:07 am »

... I hate this place already.

Into the forest and out of the swamp.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 04, 2016, 12:03:53 pm »

Help with the CW 004 'K' plan by being the one who stealthily disables and drags the guy away, rather than the massive artillery cyborg.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 04, 2016, 04:34:35 pm »

Scream, flop about, and try to throttle the snake with my robot arm. Use my screaming to call for a medic that will hopefully have some anti venom. If all that is successful, follow the other grunt to the semi-dry land. 
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 07, 2016, 09:46:20 pm »

Battle 3: Round 3

Brick 1

Get our medic to patch me up staying in the back of the brick while the other grunts do there damn jobs
(4) your injuries are [treated] You are good to get back in the action!

Continue firing into the swamp
(6) one of the monsters rears up, blood pouring from it and lashes at you in retaliation for being hit! (5) You clobber it in teh snout with teh butt of your rifle. It crashes sideways into the edge of the Brick, shaking it a little. You [stunned] it!

If those other two monsters are close together, yet not close enough to a teammate for friendly fire to be a problem, toss a frag at them.
If not, take potshots at one of the ones near the brick.

(2) You miss, but you get a free shot at the [stunned] one, since it is like, taking up half the opening right now. (1) You attempt to replicate Sn003's attack, but end up throwing your gun at it. your gun falls with a clang, bounces off the floor of the brick and lands with a splorp in the swamp. But you see that it is caught on the Brick by the strap! You can juuuuuuust reach it, maybe.

Counter Grapple while holding down the trigger of my gun to hopefully hose down whatever is biting me.
You are in platoon 1, Grunt. O.N.E. One(1). Yer killing me. (2) No seizure this round. (4) you break the grapple, but were unable to fire this round. That's the nature ofthe grapple, sometimes.

Unit number: MG003

Climb back into the brick, or up a tree, or onto the dead monster, whatever is quicker. Fire at the monsters if attacked or once I got to safety.
Last round you had your platoon right and everything. You are giving Brass a headache, Grunt. Let's see, you fell out of the Brick, so back that way is probably quickest. (2) nah, that one giant eel monster rears up, blood spraying everywhere, and knocks you away as it attacks the Brick. You are now ten feet away from the Brick, waist deep in the Swamp.

Brick 1 death rolls
(6)(3)(6)(4)(6) You all say a hearty Fuck You to the universe, kick death in the balls, and retaliate with a vengeance, getting three additional shots at the Swamp Eels this round. Let's see how they play out:
(4)(2)(2) Well, that [stunned] Eel is down, floating on it;s side and stinking of ... dead eel. The other two shots were a bust though, splashing water and making steam.

Brick 3

Head towards Other Guys. Climb Tree that looks sufficiently climbable.
(3)You grab a low hanging branch and lift yourself, feet kicking wildly at its trunk. You are out of the swamp, but dangling, swinging your feet up toward the branch occasionally and swearing at nature with every gasping breath. Careful you don't spit out your artificial gum flavored chewing resin, yo.

Inject serum charge towards the woods ready to shoot the snake if it appears
More serum, eh? Let's open Pandora's Pillbox, shall we? (4) ooh, you got a Good Effect! Now I gotta see what it does. You bend over in pain for a minute, missing the rest of your action for this round, as something that feels like fire burns throug hyour veins. AS it reaches your various organs, it does weird shit, making you dizzy, nauseous, confused, have to pee really bad, and so forth. When the Serum hits your skin, it feels like it gets super tight for a bit, locking your body into an awkward contortion. But the effects drop off before long, though you still feel some of the after effects. Otherwise, you feel pretty good, actually, vigorous. [Sturdy] You chance a look at yourself, but your skin is mostly covered by your armor, so you shrug and mark yourself as [Sturdy] this will have an effect on damage and controlled actions, like standing still and aiming a weapon. Quick actions will be as normal.

... I hate this place already.

Into the forest and out of the swamp.
It's all swamp, yo. It's just that some of it is wooded swamp. (6) you do get further in, and to a pretty stable patch of only ankle deep muddy crud. that weird hooting you hear is probably a good sign, right? You look around. Where is it coming from anyway. And then, like in all good horror films, you pan slowly upward, and there they are .. dark, leathery figures crouched in the trees, swiveling their heads slowly as they stare at you. One extends it's upper arms, stretching them to their full eight foot span, and spreads its claws out wide toward the ... things on either side.

Scream, flop about, and try to throttle the snake with my robot arm. Use my screaming to call for a medic that will hopefully have some anti venom. If all that is successful, follow the other grunt to the semi-dry land. 
Naw, mate. you died last round. didn't you read that part? The good news is, you can be a corporal now.

Brick 3 Death Rolls.
Pork002 disturbs a nest of unpleasantly large bugs, which sting, pinch, and bite him repeatedly before flying off in an angry huff, muttering under their breaths about the rudeness of "some people." He takes a [serious wound].
Zii009 is hit by something that should be crippling, but due to his armor and thick skin, he shrugs it off into a [minor wound] his armor remains intact as well.
Hat008 is attacked by tree monsters, and his armor is shredded while fending them off. Good news is, he drives them ahead of himself toward the enemy encampment. An occasional well placed shot, and he could keep them moving as shock troops.

Brick 4

"Yippie ki a, motherfuckers! Come eat some photons!"

Rock and roll all over someone's face.
I can't tell you how not entirely unhelpful your collecting of your squadmates has been.It's earned you a little leeway. Make some good use of it, before I change my mind.
(1)whichever weapon you rock and rolled with gets lodged, shorts out, or misfires.

By "one of my systems" do you mean a limb? Or some more cyborg-y type thing?
I'm assuming a limb now, but if I get an answer before the next round I'd like to change it.

Also I can't help but notice the ATROCIOUS ABSENCE OF MY ONE-LINER.
WORST GAME EVER.
LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE.
Spoiler: CW004 'K' (click to show/hide)

Crazy Plan 1 Part Two Contingency Plan: "Rig the Bodies 2: The Living Bomb", GO!
Make a note to self look ahead when jumping.
Stealth my way over to the most isolated (nearby) Other Guy™. Disable them, plant a primed large grenade somewhere on his body where it can't be noticed, wake him up, run away, hide, and hope he reunites with his pals before exploding.

If I can remotely detonate the grenade, do that when he's close to other Other Guys™.
If I can't remotely detonate the grenade, see if I can modify the grenade to make it last longer before exploding. Only do this if I don't have a chance of blowing myself up in the process.
If I can't do either of the above, just prime it regularly and hope for the best.

I thioought "I totally have a chance, Guys!" was your 'cool' one-liner.
Systems could be a limb or a cybersystem. Take your pick.
You are already too much the center of attention for stealth, yo. (1) you dash over toward one of teh enemy in order to grab him, but find yourself suddenly neck deep in the swamp water, laser fire splishing all around.

Help with the CW 004 'K' plan by being the one who stealthily disables and drags the guy away, rather than the massive artillery cyborg.
(3) you launch up right in front of a guy, wrap your arms around him, and take him to hell with you. He struggles. it's gonna be a fight below the water, as he is not properly subdued.

Have my Grunts focus on giving K covering fire.
(6)(2)(6) They manage to suppress the enemy pretty well, keeping them in somewhat of disarray - the ones not being dragged under by the Horror From Below. They do kill one of them, so you are down to 7 known enemy units

Brick 4 Death Rolls
(3)(4)(5)(6) ... (1)
Oce006 gets another serious wound. he can either bump one of his wounds to a maiming, or take a bleedout counter at 0/5
The rest of you badasses avoid death like you owe him money, though one of Yo008s Grunts is killed by return fire.

Instructions for next round
Brick One: There is at least one Swamp monster around your brick. You know what to do.
Brick Three: Dodge the snake and head into the woods, yo. The Other Guys[supTM[/sup] are encamped That Way.
Brick Four: you got about seven guys to kill. Maybe a couple more. Try not to lose too many badasses in the process, eh? this was a pretty rough round for you overall.
[/quote]

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 07, 2016, 11:00:41 pm »

Wear the dead eel like a scarf. Scream to the heavens in a battle cry
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 07, 2016, 11:04:04 pm »

I just wanted to be a stealth-artillery-cyborg!
Leap into air using supercool cyborg legs, fire regular grenade downwards at enemy, grenade explodes, land, repeat. Try to move back towards the front lines while doing this.
Or just run back towards Brick like a coward shooting grenades at the enemy if I can't feasibly leap clear of the regular grenades' blast.

EDIT: Actually try heading towards OcE006 ultimately, preferably screaming at anyone near him in an attempt to scare them away.

Changed my action a bit (see the large bold "EDIT" for more) to help out Egan.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:30:45 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 07, 2016, 11:12:50 pm »

"GRUNT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING BACK THERE! CHARGE UP AHEAD AND PROTECT THE DAMN BADASSES!"
As my Grunt goes on a suicide run, take a potshot at any Other Guystm that get distracted.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 08, 2016, 12:07:13 am »

Ignoring the pain in his arm and leg, OcE006 carelessly lines up a shot on an enemy soldier.
"I've got you now, commie scum!"
Click. No laser?
OcE006 brings his Lascarbine up to his face, trying to determine the problem. A small LED screen reads:
"'Out of bullets'?! Laser weapons don't even use bullets!"
A passing, comically oversized, bullet rips through OcE006's left elbow, pinning his upper arm to a nearly tree.
"Medic?"

help?

I just wanted to be a stealth-artillery-cyborg!
Leap into air using supercool cyborg legs, fire regular grenade downwards at enemy, grenade explodes, land, repeat. Try to move back towards the front lines while doing this.
Or just run back towards Brick like a coward shooting grenades at the enemy if I can't feasibly leap clear of the regular grenades' blast.

EDIT: Actually try heading towards OcE006 ultimately, preferably screaming at anyone near him in an attempt to scare them away.

Changed my action a bit (see the large bold "EDIT" for more) to help out Egan.

subdue him and drag him away from the enemies.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 05:09:17 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 08, 2016, 01:50:29 am »

Get back into the fight by boiling the water away and hopefully cooking the still alive eel with it

edited look for action bellow
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:34:25 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 08, 2016, 04:58:33 am »

Platoon: "I'm with these guys."

"Just one left?This, I can do!"
Put my LAST GUM in my mouth, and look cool while chewing with a gun in one hand and a knife on the other. Dive and attack the final eel.

Scavenge the bodies for gum. At least one of the dead guys still had his gum, and maybe others too... I want it all!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:05:59 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 08, 2016, 06:35:46 am »

Platoon: "I'm with these guys."

"Just one left?This, I can do!"
Put my LAST GUM in my mouth, and look cool while chewing with a gun in one hand and a knife on the other. Dive and attack the final eel.

Scavenge the bodies for gum. At least one of the dead guys still had his gum, and maybe others too... I want it all!

Help this man through throwing him at the last eel.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 08, 2016, 08:37:37 am »

Communicate the success of this batch of the serum then advance towards the woods
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 08, 2016, 09:57:09 am »

Shoot the swamp thing. Shoot shoot shoot. Then scream for a MEDIC!
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 08, 2016, 10:53:18 am »

Climb Tree. Take up Sniping Position. Chew Gum with Renewed Vigour.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 70