Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 125399 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #975 on: January 18, 2017, 08:42:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Continue to the next floor. If I am at the top floor, go down. Kill and hostiles encountered
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 18, 2017, 08:51:28 pm »

Spoiler: Yo009 (click to show/hide)

Is the creature that's biting Hat10 the same as the one I'm bearhugging? If so: Stick my hand inside it's mouth and pry it open.

If not: Scream louder than noise, then squeeze harder than I'm screaming.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 18, 2017, 11:47:12 pm »

Spoiler: Re003 (click to show/hide)

"That worked out well. Let's see if we can help someone else."

Find a couple other soldiers, aid them as necessary. Fire gun at The Other GuysTM if nobody else is near enough to assist.

[/quote]
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 19, 2017, 12:44:46 am »

Spoiler: OcE006: sweet success (click to show/hide)

Review my captives, checking for rank and division. Gloat a little bit, to reenforce my role as Officer of the Evil Empire™.

Quote from: Grunt 1
Spoiler: OGnt001 (click to show/hide)

"Medic!"
Quote from: Grunt 2
Spoiler: OGnt002 (click to show/hide)

"Don't try nothing funny now." Wonder if that stuff around us is supposed to be on fire.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:02:01 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 19, 2017, 01:38:50 am »

Loot the corpses of the other guys and the closet you need weapons (and medicine and a new armor and more experimental serums but weapons are the most important now.)
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 19, 2017, 05:30:18 am »

((Actually what does buffing my class do?))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 19, 2017, 12:23:15 pm »

OW! Keep shooting while yelling like Sly Marbo. Channel my pain into rage. Call a medic over and swear profusely at him if he refuses.

(Exactly what do i do to gain perks/classes? Also what does a shooter mean?)
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 19, 2017, 01:44:03 pm »

Even more AAAAAAH!
Shoot the thing, or bash it in the face with my gun if that proves too awkward with one available arm.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 19, 2017, 02:12:00 pm »

I found a deck of cards! Now pull out my shotgun and get inside.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 19, 2017, 02:59:01 pm »

OW! Keep shooting while yelling like Sly Marbo. Channel my pain into rage. Call a medic over and swear profusely at him if he refuses.

After dying 5 times (your sixth incarnation) or completing an objective, you unlock the basic classes. Certain other bonuses can be gained through receiving character points and traits, which the GM hands out for completing special actions and the like.

At least, that's how I think it works, correct me if I'm wrong.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 19, 2017, 04:47:53 pm »

Spoiler: HC006 (click to show/hide)
The mist is a blessing! Fix bayonets! prepare to charge! they will never see us coming!
Spoiler: Grunt_01 (click to show/hide)
Fix bayonet, charge! Drink a glass of water, cause all that screaming really takes it out of you, ya know what i mean?
Spoiler: Grunt_02 (click to show/hide)
Fix bayonet! Charge with reckless abandon.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 21, 2017, 07:44:09 pm »

Battle 3 Round 15
Once again, individual actions and rolls. hope you guys don't mind too much.

((Actually what does buffing my class do?))
I kinda left that open ended for you to fill in. I wanted to see what you did with it.
I do need to get the classes and CPs and stuff organized. bleah.

(Cavalry are traditionally elite forces so I'll buff my class)

respawn and do clean up outside running down any Other Guystm that are still alive

Elite cavalry eh? Okay mr. fancypants, since you didn't specify a mount, We'll roll for it again. (5) You come flying in on an armored Space Pteranodon, with spacesteel claws and a set of dumb rockets under it's wings - three under each wing, along it's flank. You wield a n electrolaser lance which can fire lightning from the tip, and an elephant gun capable of taking down ... space elephants, of course. (2) you snatch a few of the Other GuysTm up into the air and drop them like clams to the ziggurat below. All three of the remaining guard towers (the ones on the west side) start shooting in your direction. (4) hah! You laugh in the face of such pathetic marksmanship.

Continue to the next floor. If I am at the top floor, go down. Kill and hostiles encountered
you were in the guard tower. There is only one floor. You drop down. You see three guard towers, and the ziggurat itself. You run to the northwest guard tower. (4) you wound a guy! (6) he is too busy shooting at the birds to bother with you.

Spoiler: Yo009 (click to show/hide)

Is the creature that's biting Hat10 the same as the one I'm bearhugging? If so: Stick my hand inside it's mouth and pry it open.

If not: Scream louder than noise, then squeeze harder than I'm screaming.
Nah, he's in a different room. You fell in on the west, he fell in on the east.
(4)(6) You roar the battle cry of the Mighty Grunts of Yore and squeeeeeeeeeeze until -snap- the thing goes limp and you chuck it to the floor. You look around and see two exits from this room - the door into the things cage, and a closed door to elsewhere. it's probably locked.

Spoiler: Re003 (click to show/hide)

"That worked out well. Let's see if we can help someone else."

Find a couple other soldiers, aid them as necessary. Fire gun at The Other GuysTM if nobody else is near enough to assist.

(2) "Hey, guys? hello? Anyone" You poke curiously at a couple corpses, and kick a loose limb into a puddle. then you tag along with Sn005 toward the northwest tower. (5) a body comes, literally screaming out of the sky, to land with a wet thud at your feet. Looks like one of The Other GuysTM. He isn't moving.

Spoiler: OcE006: sweet success (click to show/hide)

Review my captives, checking for rank and division. Gloat a little bit, to reenforce my role as Officer of the Evil Empire™.

"Medic!"

"Don't try nothing funny now." Wonder if that stuff around us is supposed to be on fire.
You play a dangerous game. Officer, hah! You aren't even an NCO yet, though if you survive this one with prisoners you may well be. Well, let's roll that evil gloat shall we? (6) you ham it up, cackle maniacally, and shoot one of your captives in the face. That'll show 'em. it's only after this that you remember your Diplomacy Trraining Course, titled "We Are Not The Evil Empire, and Neither Should You!"

(3) your grunts look a little unnerved at that, but they remain on guard, and the captives don't run away or try to overpower you. Mostly they just cry.

Loot the corpses of the other guys and the closet you need weapons (and medicine and a new armor and more experimental serums but weapons are the most important now.)
(5) You walk out of the closet, wiping gore from your hands with a fresh towel, and casually strip a weapon out of a cold dead hand. It's a pretty good rifle. looks powerful. You got an Armor Piercing rifle! You set it aside and cut a guy out of his armor, which you then wear yourself. You got 1 layer of armor! almost as an afterthought you pick up a helmet.
(5) There's nothing here to kill you.

You gain perks mostly by either notable successes, or by amusing the GM somehow. Sometimes it helps to campaing for it. Just nudge me a little and go "hey, maybe I cold get a CP (Character Point) for doing the thing in such a comical way?" it helps if you have a suggested CP, like "I didn't do it" for passing the blame on to someone else, or "kicks like a mule" for knocking down a door with your face (or feet. Whatever).

A shooter is a grunt who uses a long rifle and has better aim at distances. it's a step below a sniper in the class tree. I think I'll take some time and actually organize said class tree, now that we are getting more and more people moving up the branches. Shooters get stronger weapons than standard grunts and I think I gave them one layer of armor as well.

(1) you drop your gun into the swamp and spend the round feeling around for it. there it is! No ... that's a log. There! You pull it up by the butt. Needs cleaned before you fire it again.
(1) you got so distracted by that log you forgot to holler for a medic.
(1) Space Jesus H. Christ! Some kind of lizard thing rears up from the swamp right in front of you and bites you in half. Neither half survive this mastication.

Even more AAAAAAH!
Shoot the thing, or bash it in the face with my gun if that proves too awkward with one available arm.
(5) (3) you place the shooty part of the laser against the thing's head and fire. It takes it's head apart, and your hand with it. upgrade your serious wound to a maim. You shake the slobber off your arm and look around. That door looks barricaded, and that hole looks like a den. ugh.

I found a deck of cards! Now pull out my shotgun and get inside.
A deck of Cards? You sly bastard. this could be interesting. You head inside. the first floor is clear, so are you going up, or down?

After dying 5 times (your sixth incarnation) or completing an objective, you unlock the basic classes. Certain other bonuses can be gained through receiving character points and traits, which the GM hands out for completing special actions and the like.

At least, that's how I think it works, correct me if I'm wrong.
hat's roughly correct. At sixth incarnation you can upgrade to corporal, which means you can boss around two other Grunts, as well. I'm thinking after this battle I might take some time and actually organize this stuff. I didn't really expect this game to become so popular or to evolve this much.

Spoiler: HC006 (click to show/hide)
The mist is a blessing! Fix bayonets! prepare to charge! they will never see us coming!
Spoiler: Grunt_01 (click to show/hide)
Fix bayonet, charge! Drink a glass of water, cause all that screaming really takes it out of you, ya know what i mean?
Spoiler: Grunt_02 (click to show/hide)
Fix bayonet! Charge with reckless abandon.

(2) you guys drop your backpacks and rifle through them looking for the bayonets. (6) meanwhile grunt one takes a chug of water from his canteen. (1) and fire from the Other Guys makes you all take cover rather than charge. that went ... not well

(1)(4)(2)HC006 loses his layer of armor, and grunt 2 is maimed.
Well, at least you have your bayonets fixed, and are ready for the charge next round.

Instructions:
Respawn wherever you like, up to wherever combat is happening. just not in places still held by The Other GuysTM

Floor -1 2 rooms of horrifying genetic abominations cleared. two of our heros remain locked in the horrifying abomination testing rooms
floor 0(aka outside) three guard towers on the west are still active, and some of the horrifying abominations frm below are starting to leak out and eat grunts
Floor 1: Clear
Floor 2: Clear
Floor 3: Clear, gloating, burning, war crimes
Floor 4 contested
Floor 5 in enemy hands

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 21, 2017, 07:55:38 pm »

Finish him off and move on to the next tower
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 21, 2017, 07:58:10 pm »

((You should totally give me a CP for that hammy gloat.))

Find a nice supplies cabinet on level 2 to "secure". Hide in there along with captives and grunts.

Lose consciousness.

Get out space-phone and slack off.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:15:16 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 21, 2017, 08:02:41 pm »

Platoon 1
Designation: KH010 Lancer
Unit type: Elite Cavalry
Health: fine
Inventory: Electrolance, shoggoth gun, Flying mount (Space Pteranodon (armored)), gum
Character points: Hates bugs, first aid, Mutilate corpse, Mount THIS

destroy the guard towers through ramming if my mount would be fine if not just shoot them
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 70