Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 124537 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #555 on: October 23, 2016, 05:18:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ignore wounds, spit cigar butt and search for grenades in the enemy compound
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 24, 2016, 07:10:47 pm »

Battle 2: Round 11 part A

Platoon 6

Go near the command centre, hide in cover.
(1) The explosion from last round disoriented you, and you wander into the open in the quad, not far from an artillery unit.

I've missed three rounds. And still alive? Time to correct both!

Ask for a grenade. Throw into closest artillery unit.
If no grenades are available - run to the Quad to support taking of the bunker.

It's hard to kill people who are not here, when I can barely remember to kill the ones who are. (6) You chuck a grenade into the artillery bunker and cause 1/3 damage! You also clear the bunker of The Other GuyTM, killing (4) of them.

Chew gum, sprint across the quad.Try to take a shot at the guy who hit me.
(2) you nearly choke on your Artificial gum flavored chewing resin substitute, and end up coughing it out into the dirt. You pick it up and pocket it, for later. Or for now, who am I to deny you the gritty goodness of ground gum ... flavored resin?
(3) you shoot at the guy who shot you, but he tucks in behind the artillery machinery, and you miss. at least he isn't shooting back for the moment.

Spoiler: CAH001, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
((How many enemies was I able to kill from my first action? I'd love to update my KDR like my teammates!
Also, great advice everyone hahaha))

Looking around the Command Bunker, I see a corridor leading West to the Artillery Unit I fired upon. So, pin enemies down coming from this direction, while advancing cover to cover.
((I wonder how many of them I can kill, and if my luck will hold true?))
You killed (1+1) ooh. Still, a kill is a kill, amirite?
(1) your weapon overheats. Time to change batteries.

Ignore wounds, spit cigar butt and search for grenades in the enemy compound
(2) you find some shrapnel. Where's a sergeant when you need one?

Squad Inside the bunker.
"Oh, mygosh. I am like, soooooooo totally Rambo right now."
Say the above as I spin myself into a bullet time-style tornado of rapid-fire death, mowing down any nearby Other GuysTM with reckless aplomb.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

(5) You twirl like a music box marionnette, giggle, and fire. You are the pretty pretty princess ... of death. You mow down six men in rapid succession, clearing the two rooms to either side and making the Grunts outside hesitant to rush into the corridor behind you. (6) yo ualso manage to undizzy yourself via adrenaline and gunpowder. You are nauseous though, so change dizzy to nausea. same rule. I'll tell you when you puke.

Hey, you're an assault gunner, right? Right? of course you are, corporal.

Rampage through the command bunker, capture the highest-ranked enemy I can find, kill any bad guys in the way. Looks like this is going to be a good day to be a heavy grunt.
(4) not to be outdone by the sounds of magical slaughter from below, you kill the four guys in this room and run into the next to come face to face with (1) a corporal. He surrenders in tears.

Newbie Jeep

Take the driver seat and go up right to the gate.

(6) You drive right up to the Jeep already parked there, bump it's bumper, and floor it, shoving the other jeep into the bunker and parking yours in it's recently vacated spot. Now there are two Jeeps in the quad, and one in the building.

Be an assault gunner, and shoot down any Other Guys I see while Yo007 drives.
(2) the quad is pretty clear of the Other GuyTM at the moment. reinforcements might be incoming. Or tactical nuclear strikes. Who knows?

((What is Pyro inventory?
How many enemies, if any, did I directly kill with that stunt? Need to keep that K/D updated. :P))

Shotgunner! MMPH MMPH!

You killed (5+1) nice roll. Pyros carry a flamethrower and a flame resistant suit with gas mask, some smoke grenades, and a thirteen year old copy of Busty Clonettes Digest Semiannual Edition. Hawt.

Platoon 6 death rolls
Alright. This round, I will be firing two artillery shells into the compound - aimed at the quad and at the jeep. Everyone in the quad who is not in the jeep will be targeted by one, everyone who is in the jeep will be targeted by the other. Let's see how you do. Oh, and the guys inside are 'safe' this round.
Jeep: (6) the shell lands on one of the enemy buildings and pretty much blows it to pieces. You are not dead.
Quad:(1) Tigr003, Rak002-2, Zr006, CAH001 and Zii006 are killed by the second shell.

Instructions for next round

Everyone: It's gonna be a few minutes for the next part of the turn. please be patient

Platoon 6: Artillery West: 1/3 hits. Artillery East: 0/3 hits. Command bunker: Floor one clear. captured: One (1) corporal.

Newbies enter in an AT-APC, which lowers and opens its ass end to dump you out in a steaming pile in the quad.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 07:16:27 pm by Ozarck »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 24, 2016, 07:45:11 pm »

Battle 2: Round 10 part B

Platoon 8

Kill bugs. Giggle at CW's situation.
Giggling at CW004's situation is a given. You monster. (6) you kill (6)+(3) bugs!

Go save ChiefWalfles from death I don't know what else we can do for him but we can save his life. No killing bugs this round as I focus on saving an idiots life

(6) you go and grab CW004. You start to drag him back to the airboats, but about halfway there, decide it will be easier just to pick him up. He's light enough. You chuck him into the back, muttering "stay there" as you pull out one of the custom stasis bags. CW004 stays there. "Good, Grunt. Now, in you go." You stuff him head first into the stasis bag and turn it on. it takes a moment to fully deflate before the light blue glow races across the surface, indicating the stasis in active. CW will have a choice of sitting out the rest of hte mission and reusing this clone, or jumping in with a new clone.

Spoiler: HC003 (click to show/hide)

Attempt to look like a delicious worm meal. I'd like to see what happens when one of the things eats an electric net.
On a side note, scream in agony.

(6) "AAAAAAHHHHHH! -breathe- AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh - breathe - ahhhhh .... why doesn't this hurt? Oh, is this the activation toggl- AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH" And then a worm eats you. (5 )lets see which it was. odd for Jag's, even for the other. (5) nice. The worm spasms, flopping about the zone and crushing Grunt and bug alike it kills (3) + (5) bugs (5) and you survive, as the electricity passes int othe worm instead of you, before finally shorting out. Now, if only someone will dig you and Jag out ...

Ask for a grenade, pull the pin, and carefully drop kick it into the nearest cloud of support bugs.
(3) you drop kick the grenade, and predictably, the grenade doesn't go very far. Sergeant Oz008 bitchslaps you for clowning around with explosives, before throwing you to the ground to shield from the boom.

KILL THIS EFFING WORM!
It died. Some idiot wrapped himself in an electrified net and got et. Now to be dug out. You and the idiot both. Three turns.

Maimed? Is that a reason to stop attacking!? ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!! Ensure fellow troopers do the same and yell expletives to emphasize the point.
(4) no seizure. (3) you kill one bug.

Wiggle around helplessly, perhaps crushing a few bugs landed next to me. Cry. Think about future prosthetics. Cry some more.
Yell at Bo003 for "STEALING A QUADRUPLE AMPUTEE'S IDEA YOU SCUMBAG" then continue crying.

You Yell at Bo003 for throwing grenades at the enemy. Because that is totally something you invented, just now. And then KH006 hauls your ass, and the rest of what's left of you, to the airboats and puts you on ice pending retrieval. Now, yu have a choice: you can retire this character and jump in with the next clone, or you can wait out this mission and become a cyborg.

(been watching this since the beginning finally decided to jump in)

Chew gum, shoot the carp out of the bugs
Welcome to the slaughter (6) there are no carp in the - holy shit! Flying SandCarp leap right out of the ground in front of you as you shoot down some bugs. the carp eat the bugs that you shoot before diving underground again and swimming off. You and they kill (5) + (4) bugs.

Platoon 8 death rolls

Sn001 is crushed by a spazzing worm in its own death throes.
Mar001 does not leave his slaughter unscarred, as one of the Flying SandCarp  leaps out of the ground right beside him, taking off one of his limbs before disappearing again. "Damn it, that was mine!" (take the status maimed: missing [limb] and pick an appendage to lose. Also take 0/3 bleedout counter, and uptick it every round until yu die or it gets healed.)
helmacon receives a minor wound ... oh, call it "zapped."

Instructions for next round

Platoon 8: You have 1 worm to kill (The other is dead via really stupid electrocution.),
and 23 support bugs at this point. I know, I know, support bugs are OP, and sooooo cliche. But, why mess with the classics, eh?

Newbies just jump on in!

Jag005 has one turn to live. Three turns to dig out Jag and HC or they die.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 24, 2016, 07:52:31 pm »

Damn, I was hoping to have a sort of idiot-savant who was literally immortal.  I guess I had to die sometime. I start again in platoon 8 yes?

Arrive on the battlefield. Shoot bugs.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 24, 2016, 08:21:23 pm »

Use my knife on the worm and try to free HC003 then bitch slap him for his stupid plan. If there is time go free the other guy as well.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 24, 2016, 08:36:29 pm »

Well then, getting to digging my way out of these worm guts. pull my knife out of the worm as well.

((Just like old times))
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 11:11:23 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 24, 2016, 08:37:47 pm »

Head in inside and with my Point man prowess, plot a path plowing towards potential enemies.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:47:50 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 24, 2016, 10:20:32 pm »

That magazine will come in handy if I need to sneak past some guards.
Lay down some smoke on the quad, and werf same flammen at the east artillery. Any structure is flammable if you burn hard enuff!

"MMPH MMPH! AWOOO!"
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 24, 2016, 10:42:00 pm »

"Darn you Flying SandCarp!!"Help digout my teammates, and shoot any stray bugs with Carp power help.

(That was hilarious. I thoroughly enjoined that, that I siged it.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:51:07 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Cahillguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 25, 2016, 12:10:08 am »

Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Death of CAH001 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH002, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
Sneak upstairs to the fourth floor of the Command Post alone, avoiding contact. After doing so, hide in the nearest closet.
((They'll never see me coming...))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 25, 2016, 01:21:51 am »

Only 1 kill? Unacceptable.

CHARGE!!!!!!

Know no Fear.

Feel no Pain.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 25, 2016, 03:57:48 am »

"Um, dude, ohmygod I am like way totally an assault gunner. Isn't that just the coolest?"
Purge my nausea status and a bunch of nasty calories into a convenient wastepaper basket.
Then once I feel better, just, like, get ready to clear the next floor of the bunker, y'know.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 25, 2016, 06:17:27 am »

Ask for grenade, charge towards Artillery West
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 25, 2016, 08:34:30 am »

Jump out of the respawner vehicle and cry about the wanton loss of valutable life during war. Write a heartbreaking novel abou the horrors of open warfare. Or a poem if I am incredibly pretentious.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 25, 2016, 02:11:51 pm »

Checking to make sure I actually have a promotion, or armor.

Recruit Tigr004 and some other freshly respawned private. Set a course to the west artillery encampment and get going.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70