Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Barotrauma!  (Read 17682 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Barotrauma!
« on: August 26, 2016, 12:30:41 pm »

So there is wonderful vidya gaem named barotrauma. It takes place in the depths under the ice of Europa moon.
Player/players take part as crewmembers of submarine  and try to accomplish missions like transporting shipment of nitroglycerin, hunting sea monster or recovering artifact from the ruins.

Features :

- exploring the unforgiving depths of the sea on the submarine
- Horrific sea monsters trying to break the submarine
- Trying to survive in depowered submarine with half of it being on fire and other half flooded, because some retard forgot to turn on cooling on nuclear reactor
- Machinery onboard the submarine, which crew is supposed to maintain
- multiplayer
- DIRTY TRAITOR with task to asassinate one of crewmembers

Also it is in alpha and free.
Wondering, if there are any bayers willing to die horribly go together in the submarine  :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Barotrauma!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 01:04:09 pm »

Barotrauma is a ton of fun, for a little while. I've played it a bunch with some people from Urist McStation, and the game just seems to be getting better. Problem is, until they make multiplayer more like singleplayer (in that you can choose missions and stop at shops to buy supplies and whatnot as opposed to just one-off missions) there's not much reason to sink a ton of time into the game, and it can get stale pretty quick because of that. However, development is ongoing, and the game is wayyyy better than it was a year ago, so I have hope that it'll improve soon enough.

Definitely would recommend, especially if you like Space Station 13. It's kinda like SS13 on a sub, and the dev has noted that it's inspired by SS13.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 01:10:36 pm »

Looks very cool, but your images are borked.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 01:28:46 pm »

The images show up for me.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 03:00:58 am »

Looks very cool, but your images are borked.

Dont know, how to fix this

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 04:50:52 pm »

Well played it so far and i have to say its way more engaging than SS 13...sure it lacks the same depth but thats mostly due to yet missing features.

Its also several times more deadly and tense than SS 13 were everything goes down to who clicks faster usually and your only real threats are other players.

Here every encounter becomes tense, if you play with a newbie crew (which i did) you watch as the first few times the engines overheat you accidentally hit a shelf or one of  a myriad of other things kill the entire sub in a few seconds. Even without what your crew fucks up you have to deal with the omnipresent beasts outside, which usually fuck you up badly and cause endless hilarity.

Initial Recommendation:

11/10 burnt to death ten thousand feet below the ocean, would drown again.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 04:51:27 pm »

Is there any letsplays?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 05:53:33 pm »

I love the premise and it looks very interesting, but I can't figure out how to do very much...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 05:56:13 pm »

Gotta play the in-game tutorial.

I've enjoyed this the last few times I've gotten to play; if someone wants to set up a server one evening, I'd probably be down.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 12:32:56 pm »

This game is awesome. It's so fun to troll. It just creates more confusion, and people freak out. Once, I was actually intentionally flooded while trapped. It's hilarious.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 01:43:35 pm »

Is there any letsplays?

To answer myself... No good ones.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 02:01:44 pm »

I'm assuming it's just on steam but I'm at work and can't check... links to the games themselves are usually a good idea in these sort of threads.
Nom nom nom

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 02:15:04 pm »

Funny Glloyd mentioned playing with McStationers. First thing that came to mind for me was, in fact, it being SS13 on a sub. That alone has my interest.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 02:17:34 pm »

I'll at least give the game credit in that all the air masks are usually really close by and in abundance (except a few subs)

So now at least it isn't "acceptable metagaming" to make sure you have one.

Heck... It even goes one step further then SS13 does. Why doesn't everyone wear diving suits? Because they hamper your ability to do your job.

Why doesn't everyone wear space suits in SS13? because they are idiots.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 02:25:27 pm »

Or, instead of them being idiots, it's because the suits slow them down significantly?

Maybe it's different now, but it's been the case for...as long as I've played.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8