Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Destiny 2  (Read 2503 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny 2
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 11:58:01 pm »

RIP Bungie. Just another brick in the AAA wall now.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 12:16:06 am »

That statement is a few years late.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 05:16:25 pm »

That statement is a few years late.
IDK Myth was cool but Marathon was really a step forward for the FPS genre.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023, 01:21:20 am »

Some kind of free weekend going on Steam for this, looks like a DLC or some such.

I played the base game a little a year or two ago, was trying to make friends with a co-worker who loved the Destiny series but that didn't work out.

It seemed a bit on the easier end of mmoshooter but I don't think I got very deep into and kind of solo'd so I don't think I ran into the harder content before going back to Planetside 2.

EDIT so not to re-bump: I tried it again, seems like a pretty good game. There is a Legendary mode that felt about right on difficulty, though the quest I was doing required me at one part to defend a capture point to open a gate and it overwhelmed me with swarms of opponents at that point. I went back to standard difficulty to progress. I joined a few public events and started a mission other players apparently are recruited automatically to join. Otherwise I ran around solo because I haven't figured out how to flag for LFG or found a recruitment panel or such. It seems to go by Steam friends list which is a bad way to go since no one on my list is playing it, but I could risk pestering them with an invite to this game if I dug too deep into that. An in-game lfg system for (random) people already in Destiny 2 would probably be better.

EDIT2: Lololol I saw an ad on the steam login popup saying this dlc is $99 ($50 for dlc and $50 for season pass). I take back what I said, totally not worth what they are charging.Went from hey this game is ok to holy cow this game is a garbage overpriced time sink soon as I saw that.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 11:23:32 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 [2]