Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: KSP 2 - "In space no one can hear you boogaloo"  (Read 10356 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KSP 2 - "In space no one can hear you boogaloo"
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2023, 03:34:11 pm »

It's not alleged, I can conclusively say the performance takes a serious hit over KSP1, though I don't know how it stacks up versus heavily modded KSP1.

Ultimately I am infinitely disappointed by what they haven't accomplished over the last four years this has been openly in development. If it had been a well-optimized bare-bones experience it would be a lot different. But this is a poorly-optimized experience with very little new development. Hopefully it's unoptimized because it's all brand-new with loads of room to grow or something like that. The massive UI facelift is good but it should've been better; things like just not including the stage delta-V are absurd omissions considering how important they are in KSP1.

Also your view in the VAB is weirdly locked to the root piece which makes building very obnoxious. Maybe there's a keybind I didn't spot in the list or something, I'm not sure.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2023, 05:51:48 am »

Yeah, there's nothing in KSP 2 to recommend it over KSP 1 aside from better part graphics, which is not a great look for a sequel, even if it is in early access. Especially when you take into account the depth of the modding community and the sheer scale of some of the graphical mods that have come out in recent years like parallax and whatnot.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2023, 09:44:46 am »

things like just not including the stage delta-V are absurd omissions considering how important they are in KSP1.

hit the little arrow button next to the "launch" button to show stage delta-v

Also your view in the VAB is weirdly locked to the root piece which makes building very obnoxious. Maybe there's a keybind I didn't spot in the list or something, I'm not sure.

tried holding middle mouse button?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 10:06:44 am by Nelia Hawk »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2023, 11:47:15 am »

I didn't know or see either of those, thanks. Although why the view would be middle-mouse is honestly beyond me.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2023, 09:37:35 pm »

I'm usually pretty generous to game developers in terms of "game development is like...hard", but I do think KSP 2 has been released with wrong presentation and wrong price point, and suspect it's a case of publishers wanting to push it out to get as much ROI now as they can.

What they released is a neat alpha. A showcase of their ground-up rebuild of KSP with a the physics system built to be expanded upon for features KSP's original
couldn't reliably deliver. They reportedly have in-progress work on the other features that they cut out of the EA build for not being stable/finished yet. So this is them only putting out the core MVP they have. And if it was presented face-forward as that and priced appropriately, it'd be neat.

What it's priced at is a fully functional AAA game. What it's presented at is Early Access to the new KSP. They give the impression and expectation it's more than it currently is, and rightfully so for that price.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]