Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Barotrauma!  (Read 17706 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Barotrauma!
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2023, 11:44:44 pm »

Now I want to know the shape of your sub. Was that a custom job, or a default sub?
It was a vanilla Orca 2, so excellent buoyancy off the shelf. On the other hand, the crevasse was a near-perfect wedge.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
Re: Barotrauma!
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2023, 06:49:30 pm »

That sounds like something bugged out or you clipped through something, or something, because you shouldn't be getting stuck like that.  Gotta use the teleport console command.

For mods, the EK mods add a buncha shit but they're very blatantly unbalanced.  Still a lot of it's pretty cool, though, like the laser bore, a bigass spartan laser esque thing that mines in a big line, or the vortex ring cannon shipgun, which is very blatantly OP but ALSO it's a terrifying sound blastgun.  My most recent digs have been with Ssparky's and the melee weapon mod pack.  Ssparky's something-that-I-don't-remember, Armory or something, gives you a couple new ship mounted guns.  I don't remember them being especially good, but more guns are cool.  The melee weapon mod IS kinda really strongk, but dual wielding swords or beating on a raptor with a bigass maul feels pretty cool.

Real Sonar makes sonar fucking terrifying.  Lua for Barotrauma is necessary for PerformanceFix and PerformanceFix is very good, especially if you have a potatocomputer.

Cat Sonar.  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2902463919
Fortunate Worm.  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2702843916

For subs, I can recommend the Latveria.  It's a very good, well put together small sub.  It predates the change that added small and large weapon mounts so it is now limited in that it only really has small weapons available to it, so it's not, like, overpowered, either, if that's something you care about.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 07:01:16 pm by Farce »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]