Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I have had enough of these reactions!  (Read 2851 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I have had enough of these reactions!
« on: August 27, 2016, 12:25:22 pm »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:EXTRACT_GELATIN_FROM_CARTILAGE]
[NAME:extract gelatin from cartilage]
[BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:A:150:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][UNROTTEN][REACTION_CLASS:CARTILAGE]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:INORGANIC:GELATIN_TEMPLATE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
[SKILL:COOK]

[REACTION:MAKE_JELLY]
[NAME:make fruit jelly]
[BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_J]
[REAGENT:A:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][UNROTTEN][REACTION_CLASS:GELATIN]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][CONTAINS:A][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:C:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:D:1:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:AM_FRUIT][UNROTTEN]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:INORGANIC:FRUIT_JELLY_TEMPLATE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:C]

I cannot seem to get these reactions to work. My gnomes built a kitchen and butchered some animals, they seem to identify the reagents correctly as cartilage (I added a custom class to the material) and a bag.  However however much they add in no actual gelatin powder ever comes out, even though the product seems to be written perfectly, indeed pretty much identically to the powders in the game raws. 

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have had enough of these reactions!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 12:59:04 pm »

Multiply your product yields by 150 and see what happens.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 02:28:17 pm »

Multiply your product yields by 150 and see what happens.

Still nothing happens.

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 07:58:15 pm »

[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:INORGANIC:GELATIN_TEMPLATE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]

[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][CONTAINS:A][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:C:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:INORGANIC:FRUIT_JELLY_TEMPLATE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:C]

I cannot seem to get these reactions to work. My gnomes built a kitchen and butchered some animals, they seem to identify the reagents correctly as cartilage (I added a custom class to the material) and a bag.  However however much they add in no actual gelatin powder ever comes out, even though the product seems to be written perfectly, indeed pretty much identically to the powders in the game raws.

Have you checked the errorlog? There should be something in there.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 04:00:26 am »

Your product materials seem to be trying to reference a template. That won't work, you need the material in any of the inorganic_* raws or in a plant or creature.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 09:42:42 am »

Your product materials seem to be trying to reference a template. That won't work, you need the material in any of the inorganic_* raws or in a plant or creature.

I did that but still no product being produced and still no error log to tell me what is up.  >:( >:(

This is the inorganic.
[INORGANIC:GELATIN]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:GELATIN_TEMPLATE]
[POWDER_MISC]

[INORGANIC:FRUIT_JELLY]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FRUIT_JELLY_TEMPLATE]
[POWDER_MISC]

This are reactions as they presently stand.
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:INORGANIC:GELATIN][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]

[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:INORGANIC:FRUIT_JELLY][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:C]

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 10:41:05 am »

Oh, you're also missing the item subtypes. Even if the subtype is NONE (like it usually is), you still need to stick them after the type itself. POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GELATIN for example.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 03:00:25 pm »

Oh, you're also missing the item subtypes. Even if the subtype is NONE (like it usually is), you still need to stick them after the type itself. POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GELATIN for example.

Well you advice worked in the sense that the reaction now produces something, it produces MAGMA!!!  The magma then proceeds to melt through the bag it is in and set fire to everything around it.  The only explanation I can come to is that the output is being produced but is being produced at a temperature that is sufficient to melt the 'rock' that is the material that I am producing.  However this makes no sense because there literally is no melting point defined in the material template, so is what is going on some kind of default state? There is no liquid state for the material but since it is an inorganic hence rock it produces generic magma instead. 

Here is the material template for what is supposed to be produced. 

[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:GELATIN_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:WHITE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:gelatin]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:gelatinous]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:WHITE]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:n/a]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:n/a]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:WHITE]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:n/a]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:n/a]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:1]
    [MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[SPEC_HEAT:420]
[IGNITE_POINT:10508]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:10250]
[COLDDAM_POINT:9900]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:NONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:500]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:NONE]
[MOLAR_MASS:NONE]
[IMPACT_YIELD:10000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:10000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:25000]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:25000]
[TENSILE_YIELD:10000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:10000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:25000]
[TORSION_YIELD:10000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:10000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:25000]
[SHEAR_YIELD:30000] from net someplace
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:30000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:25000]
[BENDING_YIELD:10000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:10000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:25000]
[MAX_EDGE:0]
[ABSORPTION:100]
[IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[REACTION_CLASS:GELATIN]

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 03:56:54 pm »

Well you advice worked in the sense that the reaction now produces something, it produces MAGMA!!!  The magma then proceeds to melt through the bag it is in and set fire to everything around it.  The only explanation I can come to is that the output is being produced but is being produced at a temperature that is sufficient to melt the 'rock' that is the material that I am producing.  However this makes no sense because there literally is no melting point defined in the material template, so is what is going on some kind of default state? There is no liquid state for the material but since it is an inorganic hence rock it produces generic magma instead. 

Here is the material template for what is supposed to be produced. 

[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:GELATIN_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:WHITE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:gelatin]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:gelatinous]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:WHITE]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:n/a]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:n/a]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:WHITE]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:n/a]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:n/a]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:1]
    [MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[SPEC_HEAT:420]
[IGNITE_POINT:10508]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:10250]
[COLDDAM_POINT:9900]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:NONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:500]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:NONE]
[MOLAR_MASS:NONE]
[IMPACT_YIELD:10000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:10000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:25000]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:25000]
[TENSILE_YIELD:10000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:10000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:25000]
[TORSION_YIELD:10000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:10000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:25000]
[SHEAR_YIELD:30000] from net someplace
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:30000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:25000]
[BENDING_YIELD:10000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:10000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:25000]
[MAX_EDGE:0]
[ABSORPTION:100]
[IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[REACTION_CLASS:GELATIN]

From my knowledge, magma is what the game creates when it can't find a material.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 04:11:31 pm »

If you are getting magma then the game does not recognize the product material you are referencing. So here are some things you should know/check:

1. You have to regen the world if you add new materials. So, if you added your inorganic gelatin after the fact then you will have to gen a new world.

2. Make sure you have formatted the raw file where you placed your new materials and inorganic entries. For DF to recognize the file both the name of the file and the header need to conform to the format.

I am almost certain this is a material formatting issue.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 06:35:06 pm »

Um, wow.

Okay, the item advice was already given. Good. That... probably shouldn't have taken five posts, tbh.

The problem you're having now is that you cannot reference templates in a reaction. You are trying to reference a template as an inorganic, which is wrong--you can only reference INORGANICs as INORGANIC. You actually need to make an INORGANIC using the FRUIT_JELLY_TEMPLATE template.

Note that this was brought up earlier in the topic:

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 12:16:30 am »

Oh whoops, completely read over the lack of item subtype.  ::)

I should probably add that its not really necessary to make a template for each material, they are mostly intended so that when you make lots and lots of similar materials.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 12:43:07 am »

Um, wow.

Okay, the item advice was already given. Good. That... probably shouldn't have taken five posts, tbh.

Well ya but the OP has quite a few things wrong. Modding can be a bit hard at first, the wiki is not all that helpful when you don't understand how everything fits together. I still think one of the things I mentioned is part of the issue since the OP claimed to have tried the suggestions. Most likely the OP has a file name formatting error or has tried to apply new inorganics to an existing world.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 12:57:54 am »

Um, wow.

Well ya but the OP has quite a few things wrong. Modding can be a bit hard at first, the wiki is not all that helpful when you don't understand how everything fits together. I still think one of the things I mentioned is part of the issue since the OP claimed to have tried the suggestions. Most likely the OP has a file name formatting error or has tried to apply new inorganics to an existing world.

Need to fix things in order, though. That would be:

1. Item subtype
2. Making the INORGANIC reference an actual INORGANIC instead of a template
3. File formatting issues

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 11:04:46 am »

I am trying to introduce new inorganics to an existing world.  All along I was using the same savegame and changing around the raw files because for reactions this works since the entity loads up the reactions and it saves the bother of having to gen a new world.  I then added in the new inorganic file to the raws with the additional entries when I found out that I could not simply reference the template directly but it would seem that inorganic file changes work like entity file changes, the save file does not reference the raws but stores the data separately without any referencing of the raws once the generation has begun. 

It should not be too much of a bother to start a new medium world for testing purposes when rock gnomes are as common as dirt as they are the moment in my mod.   ;)
Pages: [1] 2