Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I have had enough of these reactions!  (Read 2873 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have had enough of these reactions!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 12:22:15 pm »

:D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8)

I seems I have finally done it!  Thanks to everyone that helped me out in this thread.  The final form of the reactions are.
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:EXTRACT_GELATIN_FROM_CARTILAGE]
[NAME:extract gelatin from cartilage]
[BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:A:150:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][UNROTTEN][REACTION_CLASS:CARTILAGE]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GELATIN][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
[SKILL:COOK]

[REACTION:MAKE_JELLY]
[NAME:make fruit jelly]
[BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_J]
[REAGENT:A:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][UNROTTEN][REACTION_CLASS:GELATIN]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][CONTAINS:A][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:C:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:D:1:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT][UNROTTEN] *Use drink mat to save time
[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:NONE:INORGANIC:FRUIT_JELLY][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:C]
[SKILL:COOK]

The fruit jelly once made remains inside the jug that is used to make it.  I tested to make sure that it can be used in cooking and I ended up with a stack of grape and fruit jelly biscuit (the fruit jelly is also grape).  I had some difficulty with the whole buggy way that the fruit always arrives in bags and you have to mass dump the fruit in order to make use of them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:26:45 pm by GoblinCookie »

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 03:51:51 pm »

I had some difficulty with the whole buggy way that the fruit always arrives in bags and you have to mass dump the fruit in order to make use of them.

Can't you just add a bag line to the reagents? In this case it would say CONTAINS:D
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 10:46:41 am »

Can't you just add a bag line to the reagents? In this case it would say CONTAINS:D

That would mean that the fruit would have to be in a bag for the fruit reagents to work.  Dwarves do not put fruit in bags during the game, they put them in barrels but at embark they always arrive in bags if you opt to take fruit with you.  It is one time issue that had me thinking that there was something wrong when there is not. 

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 08:55:12 am »

Given that fruits do not need to be stored in bags, one would expect reactions to simply take them out of the bag when necessary (just like with barrels) - if they do not, then it is a bug which needs to be reported (if it hasn't already been).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 10:48:28 am »

Given that fruits do not need to be stored in bags, one would expect reactions to simply take them out of the bag when necessary (just like with barrels) - if they do not, then it is a bug which needs to be reported (if it hasn't already been).

Bags do not work the same way as barrels.  Bags *are* an item that is modified by having a connection made to a second item, barrels are two items with a relationship to eachother.  This means you have to say in a reaction that you are using a bag that contains X while with barrels/bins you can simply define the items directly.  I would not say it is a bug as such, more how the game works, the bug is that fruit arrives in bags rather than barrels.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 09:01:07 pm »

Both bags and barrels (and all other containers) function exactly the same in-game - they report a container capacity (either hardcoded or derived from the item_tool raws), they have references to their contents (general_ref_contains_itemst), and their contents have references back to the container itself (general_ref_contained_in_itemst).

Any behavioral differences between them are entirely due to the way jobs handle them and the way they (and their contents) are categorized for selection by jobs, and custom reactions don't necessarily follow all of those rules. Custom reactions can definitely use seeds that are stored in bags without requesting the bags themselves (I just checked), but plant growths might be treated differently, possibly an attempt to keep quarry bush leaves inside their bags (and similar scenarios).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 09:10:28 pm »

Ya bags are somehow seen differently in game. As an example, in my mod I have various dye types. For some reason when you q manager jobs and set constraints the manager cannot look inside of bags in order to obtain an accurate count of the reagent. However, oddly by making the dye edible the manager can look inside the bag and accurately count the items. This doesnt seem to happen with barrels. So, bags do seem to have some weirdness.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531
Pages: 1 [2]