Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91]

Author Topic: Gender/sexuality etc. - What Even Is A Gender Anyway  (Read 131995 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gender/sexuality etc. - What Even Is A Gender Anyway
« Reply #1350 on: July 20, 2017, 10:47:11 pm »

I said kill it dead because I just did a post that brings into question the activities of modern feminist as a whole which is an EXTREMELY taboo subject.

Few people would want to touch that with a 10 foot poll and I was relenting how much I was making people uncomfortable.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 21, 2017, 08:35:39 am »

:v
Pls do not kill the thread, this is like one of the threads I can comment on things and be ignored. It helps me to pretend Im an internet ghost, at least until solifuge ruins my immersion.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 21, 2017, 08:37:09 am »

I honestly never have anything worthwhile to contribute so I just read and ask questions and get confused at what Neo wants to say.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 21, 2017, 08:39:51 am »

Neo's posts tend to vary between tumblr MRA and radfem copypasta and background noise, so I rarely comment. No offense to neo, as I treat him as a forum mascot of sorts.
I treat soli as the sole sane woman of the thread at this point.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:42:41 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 21, 2017, 11:22:54 am »

Neo's posts tend to vary between tumblr MRA and radfem copypasta and background noise, so I rarely comment. No offense to neo, as I treat him as a forum mascot of sorts.
I treat soli as the sole sane woman of the thread at this point.

Yay! I am none of those things!

I just plunged into gender studies recently, again. My mind works by keeping myself geared entirely towards that until it gets sidetracked.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:39:31 am by Neonivek »

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 21, 2017, 06:39:31 pm »

I can't really tell what you guys were talking about in the end there, so this is unrelated. :P 
Youtuber Contrapoints posted an interesting artsy video trying to capture her experience of gender dysphoria. Worth a watch!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 22, 2017, 02:13:45 pm »

. Success depends on many factor, from your intrisic quality to how much your work to blind luck to, well, yeah, privilege. Just because other factors (including luck) meant you didn't achieve in a particular case doesn't mean there is no advantage. My +2 on my roll still is there even if I failed the roll.

I enjoy this metaphor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 22, 2017, 02:45:30 pm »

. Success depends on many factor, from your intrisic quality to how much your work to blind luck to, well, yeah, privilege. Just because other factors (including luck) meant you didn't achieve in a particular case doesn't mean there is no advantage. My +2 on my roll still is there even if I failed the roll.

I enjoy this metaphor.

I wasn't quite arguing the same thing at the time... Because I am a very unclear person.

Though you are right it is a good metaphor.

Edit: Ok, I HOPE this is the best version of this post I can make. I had to edit this 4 times.

---

Edit: Deleted this part because honestly it isn't important... Or at least less important than topic peace.

Edit 2: Then again perhaps I should bring it up later since it does show the exact problem protecting an ideology with blanket protections is that people will abuse the same protections and that such protections have been abused. Perhaps the antagonism towards being critical is at its heart the problem.

The fact that someone will blanket demonize another group, but then go on to say that their group deserves special consideration and understanding might be inviting irony.

---

I can't really tell what you guys were talking about in the end there, so this is unrelated. :P 
Youtuber Contrapoints posted an interesting artsy video trying to capture her experience of gender dysphoria. Worth a watch!

How Cringe is it? Or more specifically how sad is it?

I can only take soo much sadness.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 01:28:43 am by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 22, 2017, 10:17:35 pm »

Blank
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 11:37:36 pm by Neonivek »

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 23, 2017, 03:22:12 am »

Yeah it's a bit of a downer. Some solid funny moments though.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 23, 2017, 04:58:58 am »

Reading this thread is good practice for deciphering long passages for me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #1361 on: July 23, 2017, 08:29:24 pm »

Quarantined a few pages.  Going to take a break from having this thread for a while.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91]