Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 91

Author Topic: Gender/sexuality etc. - What Even Is A Gender Anyway  (Read 131510 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gender/sexuality etc. - The dark hammer has fallen upon us!
« Reply #585 on: October 23, 2016, 05:41:07 am »

the order of importance in creation is pretty much Allah > Man > Woman

Wait... Where the heck is that in the Koran?

Also aren't there like... a Host of Angels too?

I mean I know religious texts put a lot of importance on how women should be loyal and dutiful and a man has a right to enforce that loyalty and duty... But... The Sheppard is not more important than the sheep in this case... and there is a reason WHY there is an insistence towards women being loyal and dutiful, which comes with the equally important requirement that a man be wise.

Within the logic of the situation if one were to assume it is correct. If a woman is disloyal because the man isn't worth loyalty... He is at fault.

Or rather... GOODNESS is the whole situation between men and women often brought up to just shove responsibility off of men and onto women. As if the only tool in their toolbox is subjugation.

this choice then gets instantiated by others and accidentally/willfully taken as more literal than the original mere literary convenience

It is probably best to remember the order of events. Allah existed before man and woman.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 05:49:06 am by Neonivek »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 23, 2016, 05:56:06 am »

But really, as much as I doubt it would work for another person (because our minds are highly, highly individual), you can try the following:
tried this, just ended up feeling weird in my stomach and got a boner, but also felt extreme dysphoria, dunno if that was intentional :v
Hm.

Okay I don't exactly know what this "dysphoria" thing is, but if it's that thing where you feel mad uncomfortable about yourself, then yes, this thing can cause that. Keep trying more, though, it should eventually get better.

Oh, and also before I forget, you probably also need to do the reversal afterwards. So, like, points 4 and 3, but you instead push your clingy inner world outside of your control room and mentally seal the path with a barrier so that you start feeling like yourself again.

It might also help if you try to anthropomorphize your inner world, somewhat. It was fairly natural to me, but I don't know if that's a thing that is natural for anyone else.
Gender dysphoria, being trans n all makes it occur on a fairly regular basis. so yeah, uncomfortable wit myself, largely because i dont match my inner, female self :v. honestly, it didnt feel like i wasnt in control, it felt like the parts of me that are normally hidden just kinda... absorbing into me. idk. ALso now theres just an image of a guy whos just a bunch of trees n shit.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 23, 2016, 06:17:33 am »

Gender dysphoria, being trans n all makes it occur on a fairly regular basis. so yeah, uncomfortable wit myself, largely because i dont match my inner, female self :v. honestly, it didnt feel like i wasnt in control, it felt like the parts of me that are normally hidden just kinda... absorbing into me. idk. ALso now theres just an image of a guy whos just a bunch of trees n shit.
Oh so it's definitely that thing. That thing is definitely a thing that I experienced when I let in a little bit too of my inner world and accidentally absorbed too much of my inner suppressed femininity or something, IDK what that was, exactly. It was really quite uniquely uncomfortable for the relatively short period of time when I experienced it (until I managed to suppress that pesky femininity back into my imagination). It's when I realized exactly why people would go to such lengths to change their physical sex in order to match their inner gender :-X

And you definitely are close to being on a right track. It's slightly different from what I felt, but, as I've said before, our minds are highly, highly unique, it's kind of a miracle that it even does anything similar, really. I'm very, very delighted.
._.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 23, 2016, 09:33:44 am »

I have a real problem with this, mainly that Allah is DEFINITELY male. There's no other way around it, especially considering in the Qu'ran he refers to himself as male.

This person has a huge lack of understanding of both gender AND Islam. What a mess.
Uhhhh, I don't think you read the Qur'an. Or spoke to Shyoukh.

God is specifically defined as one of a kind in the Qur'an, while, unlike Christianity (and possibly Judaism) man is not made in the image of God but in the best possible form instead, so it's not like we can point to Adam and say God looked like that.

The other thing is I've had about three sheikhs come over to help me learn and memorize parts of the Quran, and it's been pretty consistent between the three of them that God has no gender. While the Qu'ran does use huwa as a pronoun to refer to him, and while that is generally accepted to be the more masculine pronoun, it's not incorrect to use it one someone more feminine, and in a sense, many people already use the plural form of it when referring to an exclusively female group around here.

Ah, speaking of Islam, looks like a law got passed recently around here to allow legally and medically transitioning. Don't think I'll meet the requirements for it though but it's something.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 10:05:23 am by chaoticag »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #589 on: October 23, 2016, 09:47:47 am »

So since there are trans people here, I'll ask a question that has perplexed me for ages.

What is dysphoria? For instance, what does it feel like?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 23, 2016, 10:05:11 am »

It's a bit hard to explain. It's kinda mental discomfort? A feeling of something out of place? I wouldn't really know how to describe it just that things hit a breaking point for me and I had an emotional breakdown over it a few months back, in July-ish. Then I just realized it was always there. Pretty sure there's no cookie cutter experience of dysphoria.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 23, 2016, 10:17:53 am »

So since there are trans people here, I'll ask a question that has perplexed me for ages.

What is dysphoria? For instance, what does it feel like?
Well I think it's not a kind of feeling you can adequately express in words; there are no good analogies for it existent in languages that I know of. It's like, a really really shitty feeling of things not being right that you desperately want to not feel yet can't help yourself but continue to feel it anyways, and that element of unwantedness multiplies its shittiness exponentially.

I don't want to remember how it felt more precisely than this, to be honest; I'm already pretty sure that I'm having a mild headache due to that.
._.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 23, 2016, 12:24:57 pm »

So was Adams rib M2F?
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 23, 2016, 03:45:11 pm »

From that description it somewhat resembles anxiety.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 23, 2016, 03:47:35 pm »

So was Adams rib M2F?

ribs dont have genders

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #595 on: October 23, 2016, 03:54:16 pm »

Testosterone triggers expansion of the ribs during puberty

In this case, the rib to woman could be explained as some sick process in which the process of cell differentiation is reversed in bone marrow cells to get stem cells and thus create an abominable human pair with which to conquer the world with their insufferable ilk
Thus the rib would be M->N/A->F, and humans should not be rendered extinct by elder star parasites

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 23, 2016, 03:55:05 pm »

But Adam never went through Puberty.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 23, 2016, 03:57:31 pm »

From that description it somewhat resembles anxiety.
Well to be fair, the reactions are fairly individual, but anxiety is a part of the usual ones:
Symptoms of GID in children may include any of the following: disgust at their own genitalia, social isolation from their peers, anxiety, loneliness and depression.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 23, 2016, 03:59:45 pm »

You know what is odd...

I immediately checked the internet for Classical Pictures of Eve

To see if she had large breasts and/or was fat.

Yet she tends to be modest.

I think I am getting my symbolism mixed up given the Greeks had a tendency to depict "hypersexuality" as a negative (Barbarians would get huge schlongs).

---

For those who don't know why I looked for that...

I was wondering if Eve's "Mother of all" status would give her some typical symbolic features.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:03:08 pm by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 23, 2016, 04:01:40 pm »

So was Adams rib M2F?

ribs dont have genders

Ribs contain DNA, and you can argue that DNA is biologically gendered.

Neo: the paintings probably depend on the era in which they were created. Most ones you're looking at are probably from the 15th-18th centuries.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:04:10 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 91