Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 91

Author Topic: Gender/sexuality etc. - What Even Is A Gender Anyway  (Read 131445 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Gender/sexuality etc. - The dark hammer has fallen upon us!
« Reply #600 on: October 23, 2016, 04:02:39 pm »

then ribs have a sex, not a gender

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 23, 2016, 04:03:13 pm »

Quote from: Calidovi
So was Adams rib M2F?

ribs dont have genders

Ribs contain DNA, and you can argue that DNA is biologically gendered.
I'm pretty sure they actually don't, that's why identical different-gendered twins exist.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:05:06 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 23, 2016, 04:03:59 pm »

I'm pretty sure they actually don't, that's why identical different-gendered twins exist.

To my knowledge they don't exactly live very long.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 23, 2016, 04:04:33 pm »

Of course ribs contain DNA.

Differently-gendered twins don't usually come from the same egg, BTW. There are cases where two sperm fertilized the same egg, which could theoretically lead to twins, but usually it just means really bad deformity shit happens.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:07:30 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 23, 2016, 04:05:03 pm »

Of course ribs contain DNA.

Mud DNA

Differently-gendered twins don't come from the same egg, BTW.

It was a reference to Identical twins with different genders (or sexes whatever the term you want to use here... I can never remember)

Which is a contentious issue...

But in the cases where it "Might" have happened... It typically is a death sentence.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:06:47 pm by Neonivek »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 23, 2016, 04:08:48 pm »

There are no identical twins with different genders. They always came from a different sperm, because sperm is sexed. There are male and female sperm, that's what differentiates things.

Twins of opposite gender are always fraternal twins, i.e. two eggs and two sperm. There might be some exception, but it'd be the "medical freak show" type scenario.

Pretty much the only way you'd get the case of "Identical twins with different gender" is the extremely rare hypothetical scenario (so rare I don't know if it's ever happened), where you had identical male twins, but one suffered from congenital adrenal hyperplasia, while the other didn't, for some reason.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:13:55 pm by Reelya »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 23, 2016, 04:12:46 pm »

There are no identical twins with different genders. They always came from a different sperm, because sperm is sexed. There are male and female sperm, that's what differentiates things.

Twins of opposite gender are always fraternal twins, i.e. two eggs and two sperm. There might be some exception, but it'd be the "medical freak show" type scenario.
Okay

So, coming back to the rib question, the answer is that rib doesn't have any gender, so it cannot be MtF.
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 23, 2016, 04:14:23 pm »

Ribs have sex. You can't make a woman out of male DNA.

But doesn't MtF normally mean the physical surgery? Normally we don't apply that to just means the outward trappings such as clothing and appearance, but the physical changes to the body.

Since surgery counts as MtF, then so does changing the DNA of the rib from male to female.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:18:35 pm by Reelya »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 23, 2016, 04:24:52 pm »

Sure you can. Get rid of the Y chromosome, duplicate the X, tada.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 23, 2016, 04:28:00 pm »

But that's basically a sex change operation on the rib then, so it counts as MtF.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 23, 2016, 04:30:42 pm »

Gender dysphoria, being trans n all makes it occur on a fairly regular basis. so yeah, uncomfortable wit myself, largely because i dont match my inner, female self :v. honestly, it didnt feel like i wasnt in control, it felt like the parts of me that are normally hidden just kinda... absorbing into me. idk. ALso now theres just an image of a guy whos just a bunch of trees n shit.
Oh so it's definitely that thing. That thing is definitely a thing that I experienced when I let in a little bit too of my inner world and accidentally absorbed too much of my inner suppressed femininity or something, IDK what that was, exactly. It was really quite uniquely uncomfortable for the relatively short period of time when I experienced it (until I managed to suppress that pesky femininity back into my imagination). It's when I realized exactly why people would go to such lengths to change their physical sex in order to match their inner gender :-X

And you definitely are close to being on a right track. It's slightly different from what I felt, but, as I've said before, our minds are highly, highly unique, it's kind of a miracle that it even does anything similar, really. I'm very, very delighted.
Well, the upset-ness wasn't a new feeling, since I feel that on a nigh-constant basis, but it also just kinda developed to me and my inner self talking about how we're cool, which is a conversation I have to have with myself a lot so I don't hate myself *all* the time.

So since there are trans people here, I'll ask a question that has perplexed me for ages.

What is dysphoria? For instance, what does it feel like?
Dysphoria is like the common cold, in the sense that it comes in many different forms, it's an ass to cure, and that it comes frequently when you go outside. Dysphoria isn't quite the same for everyone, but from my experience, it's largely brought on by envying other people who have the body you want, or just seeing something that reminds you of the body you know you should have, but realise that you don't. It doesn't really listen to the rational sense of "it'll only take a few more years, don't worry about it", because it's kinda soul-wrenching to present yourself as... not yourself. Which I do on a daily basis. But I digress, and I can't speak for everyone, but it's been a driving factor in my two suicide attempts, even when I wasn't fully aware of it.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 23, 2016, 04:32:19 pm »

But that's basically a sex change operation on the rib then, so it counts as MtF.
Jesus disagrees.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 23, 2016, 04:32:56 pm »

Pretty much the only way you'd get the case of "Identical twins with different gender" is the extremely rare hypothetical scenario (so rare I don't know if it's ever happened), where you had identical male twins, but one suffered from congenital adrenal hyperplasia, while the other didn't, for some reason.
Pretty sure they're talking about genetically identical twins where one is trans.
Which I imagine is a pretty contentious issue.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 23, 2016, 04:36:21 pm »

Jesus disagrees.

"Do not you Jews seek to understand the teachings of my Father, the LORD your God? Countless years ago he so said to Abraham, your father, and his sons in Barnea: 'adams ribs arent trans you dips why do you do this to me'."

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 91