Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to be Eldritch Abominations [8/8]: Party no longer accepting crashers  (Read 2947 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be Eldritch Abominations [4/?]
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 11:07:13 pm »

The Being Builder:

The beings of the under dark beneath the ocean floor are small, but capable of interacting with their surroundings.  With your benevolent guidance, the tiny creatures are compelled to link together, forming large masses of interlocking organisms capable of shifting surprisingly large amounts of sand and rock.  Whatever bones they find are small, as there are no gargantuan creatures of the deep yet to die. 

Your 2-dimensional floor rising and resting on the ocean floor, you disdainfully observe your unaware servants craft the beginnings of the structures.  Soon, the spires rise through the surface of the sea, dotting the oceans with little landmasses.

You have gained a new servant species, grafted directly to your will.  What will you name them?

Ky'unt the All Seeing:

[17] Your demonic tentacles growing beyond the limits of space and observable time, you reach into the very essences of a group of nearby fish.  Their forms gorge themselves on your power and otherness, becoming not only vessels but true parts of your visage.  These new large fish are yours to command , and are the largest sea dwelling creatures to currently exist, being the size of carp.  Gifted with fragments of your intellect and power, they are true servants, first of many perhaps.  What name shall you gift them?

Yggdrasil, Maw of the Grave

[12] Latching your thorny tendrils into the bodies of the dead, and there are several dead for the amphibious creatures haven't yet fully gotten the hang of surviving in air environments, you fashion them into puppets.  It is a crude deception initially, and they dance like mad ghosts when not controlled directly.  With your omnipresent gaze, however, these puppets serve well, attracting other members of their amphibious species.  Thinking you harmless, more amphibians rise to the surface, feasting on the plant life, and walking haphazardly into your embrace.

Silonited, Possessor of the Lands:

[14] The burrowing serpents that dance in the space you created writhe in agony, their flesh twisted by your intent.  Pockets in their organic matter appear, and your design is done.  The creatures bow to you out of fear, and so long as you remain to remind them of their smallness, they obey.  What will they be called?

Smelling opportunity, or whatever else they desire, two new unknowable beings join the fray.

Truggnass, the Bloated, daintily crawls through the dark of the netherspace, heaving itself onto terrestrial ground.  [7] But it has not gone unnoticed.  Large, tentacled fish, unbeknownst to you servants of Ky'unt the All Seeing, instantly swarm around you, before dashing away.  Seeking to warm yourself after such exertion, you reach an undersea volcano and bathe in its warmth.

Next, came Nabir, Judge of Aeons, whose form was unlike that of the others.  Seeking not to conform to organic or terrestrial standards, Nabir stayed true to its unimaginable nature, being both within and apart from the world.  If one were to gaze past the haze of unreality surrounding it, one could see a dead star, and that would likely be the last thing one would ever see.

[8] Nabir sought distance from the immediate and filthy happenings of this world, and wrenched forth a Spire, stretching into the sunlit sky.  Pure and brilliant was this Spire, but such a thing's beauty could not last untouched; the earth heaved in defiance, it's crust splitting, attempting to match the spire in height and force, if not in elegance.  Your spire rises above the clouds, but your view is mired by mountainous growths around your tower, which already are being inhabited by creatures foolish enough to venture upwards.

The stars continued to shine in fruitful accord, and all your presences in this reality continues to go unchecked.

Okay, that's a lot of typing, probably be my last turn for today, make sure to read everyone else's passages not just your own.

This way, no one misses out if somebody's turn intersects with somebody else's.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be Eldritch Abominations [6/?]
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 11:48:20 pm »

My First Servants Will be Known As the Bilgerrs, and Now That I Know what Is Missing For my Plans to Succeed, I Shall Guide Creatures to the Correct Direction...
I Direct Some Larger Creatures in the Direction of becoming Large, Floating... Photosynthesizing Masses of Flesh With Spiked Bone Beneath their Bodys.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 11:56:46 pm »

Truggnass drinks the magma to quench its thirst.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 12:32:03 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remain "above" the planet, hiding within the hidden intricacies of the dark. Cast down some feline spotters, to act as our eyes down below.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 01:05:39 am »

The 'puppets,' for lack of a better term, would live among the amphibians and dig holes in the sand, forming habitats in which families would raise their kin. Ultimately under this influence, amphibians started to expand into the mainland, living permanently near water sources, as the vines closed in around them and isolated them from their seagoing cousins.

(Create isolated communities which feed on the vines)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:31:30 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 09:53:04 am »

Nabir sees this defiance from atop his new perch, and his form glows with cold fire. The mountains and their creatures marred what he had made, but judgement came to all, and their hubris would not go unpunished.

An icy fire burns through the mountains, aiming to consume stone and flesh alike. Great plains of grass and stone remain, testaments to the judge's power.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 10:16:21 am »

My new creations shall be called Kybons.

Attempt to pull the ground below me up and form a large landmass.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2016, 12:10:21 pm »

The new creatures are will be called the Sil-van

Command the Sil-van to reproduce and bring more material to me.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 08:15:56 pm »

Poke
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 09:00:21 pm »

If this is still going can I join?

Name: Guila'awa/
Title: Ragnarok Bringer
Appearance: A giant Kraken with eyes lit from within and innumerable tentacles stretching to 50ft that pass through each other. The beings form flows unnaturally and radiates incinerating heat

Smack into the planet and find a non-underwater volcano
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be Eldritch Abominations [8/8]: No More Entry
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2016, 05:47:30 am »

Zinquighoonbashraknizpigqixlaw the Being Builder:

From your cavernous psyche you draw forth the name Bilgerrs, for your new pets.  It is so.  Your servants tend well, within sight.  But further renovations must be made.  [16] Raising your flat hand, you change a few of the Bilgerrs, separating from the rest of the school.  Their very geometry warps, bone rupturing beneath flesh, until they are at least double the size of the other Bilgerrs.  Heeding your command, their natures yearn towards the nourishing light of the sun, allowing them to feast on less substantial light.

Pleasingly, such a warping has not dulled their ability to respond to your call.

Truggnass the Bloated:

Reaching a very large underwater volcano, you drink your fill [6], but to your surprise you notice something above you.  A kraken, surrounded by a mesh of tentacles, gazing at you in equidistant wonder, menace, and disdain.

Space belches forth a new visitor, this one even stranger than the rest.  A swarm of "cats", it sees itself as, perhaps itself not knowing how it came to be this way since such creatures did not exist.  Reaching down tentatively into the Earth's sky with a troop of feeler felines, Hyperfelidae the Cat observes much of the planet's oceans, it's newly colonised continent, [11] but it is not able to discern the movements of the other Eldritch Things, although it knows that they are there.  And as of yet, none of them are aware of its location.

Yggdrassil, Maw of the Grave:

[10] Deciding to toy with the inhabitants of this land, you attempt to separate them, divide them, make them easier to control.  The amphibians hesitantly attempt to eat the black vines for sustenance, and while they are not particularly appealing, they also ( by your design ), do no harm, and so further and further incursions are made into the centre of the landmass, with the amphibians unaware that they are being fenced in.

Nabir the Judge of Aeons:

[11] Your fury at this encroachment takes form, and the fire that emanates from you is unlike any that this world has yet seen.  The mountains are purged clean, the enterprising amphibians and other specks of life seeking to take advantage are quickly decimated, and the rest scurry back to the safety of the oceans.  Your tower is purged, although the mountains are stubborn and remain defiant.

Ky'unt the All Seeing:

Your faithful Kybons are named, and they delight in their master's attention, dancing and squirming and frolicking around you.  No time for that.  [1]  Heaving your tentacles beneath the crust of the earth, you attempt to lift it up to the surface.  But something's wrong.  A force traps your appendages beneath the stone, and instantly begins to clamp down, and you feel for the first time in your eternal life pain.  You scream without a mouth, and the power of such a shriek resonates across the planet, clearly alerting every other being on this planet to your location.  Not only that, but your servants recoil, your pain being equally theirs.  They are not strong enough to survive, and [2] only a few dozen out of the hundred manage to weather the storm.  The rest lie dead, already subsuming into the soup of the ocean.

Silonited Possessor of the Lands:

[4] You dub these creatures the Sil-van, and usher forth your command to breed and gather matter to you.  Unfortunately for you, the pain endured by these serpents has been far too great, even their simple minds broken by total exposure to your presence and will.  They drift aimlessly, and will not survive for long.  You could change them further, perhaps make them useful in a different way, but it is not in the nature of mad gods to heal the suffering they inflict upon their flock.

A new player has emerged, its body surrounded by interlocking tentacles, forming an impenetrable ball of tendrils.  Were it to open, one would see eyes and mouth from the deepest pit of hell, and the fire of form to match.  Guila'awa the Ragnarok Bringer appears, [4] and seeks an underwater volcano.  It finds the largest one in all the seas, home for even a creature defying definitions of size entirely.  But it is not alone...

For inside the volcano, is a rotund, deformed being covered with growths, drinking the undersea magma.  It looks up at you.

[1] As all this drama and business unfolds, suddenly, you all feel cold.  Gazing into the blackness of space, the worst has happened.  The stars are no longer aligned.  The bridge has been severed, perhaps it never was.  Beneath all your primal intellects, you understand and yet are unsure of the specifics.  All you now know, is that the rules have changed.  Even Eldritch gods are bound by them.  Your place in this reality is no longer as certain.  Proceed with caution.

Welp, the door's shut, the bouncer's turning everyone away, now that the stars are no longer right, no more gods invited to the party.  At least, until they set themselves right...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2016, 05:54:54 am »

Also, in the future, please put your name and title at the start of every action post so I don't have to keep checking who's who from the first page.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile

Truggnass the Bloated:
Gazing upon the intruder with animal ferocity, Truggnnass bellows: "Leave! Or I eat you!"[/b]

He then spews out the magma he drank, creating an obsidian island in the vast sea.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

Guila'awa the Ragnarok Bringer

Leave in search of a proper lair to settle inside of a volcano
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile

Ky'unt the All-seeing
Raise my fish servants, for they shall serve their master even in death!
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;
Pages: 1 [2] 3