Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Night Shift: Day x Dreaming [The SG for night owls.]  (Read 1552 times)

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
Night Shift: Day x Dreaming [The SG for night owls.]
« on: September 02, 2016, 09:34:22 pm »

Borrowed a little foundation from MoonyTheHuman, and formatting from Tomasque's design to make this quest. Since this is a weird one, I'll be posting for it during the 'night owl hours' which are from 2200 to 0100 EST (for me). Just a way to pass the time since I work at the park in Five Nights at Freddy's have nothing better to do at work but internet. I'll still internet, but in a semi-productive way! What could possibly go wrong?

You only remember drifting to sleep. Every night, you relent your senses and consciousness to the Sandman. But tonight, there is something else is store for you. You wake up, but it feels like you've woken up in reality. You know you aren't in the...real world, because you're in a dense forest, lit by small orange spheres that cling to every tree, every branch in sight. Everything about you is the same right down to your clothes, only you seem to have a necklace round your neck that you can't say you remember having picked up in your waking life. A simple nylon string that holds a small vial with faintly glowing purple fluid. This forest is beautiful, but what happens next takes you by surprise. Three objects blink to existence in front of you. A sword, a bow, and a staff.

Accept this destiny ...
Beware the Nightmares ...

Do you take one of the weapons?

Or, do you observe them first?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 02:35:13 pm by I, Writer »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Night Shift: Day Cross Dreaming [The SG for night owls.]
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 09:36:08 pm »

Wield the string as a weapon.

If that isn't allowed, observe them.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 11:10:20 pm »

For some reason, you reach for your necklace, thinking it would make a decent weapon. But no, the vial of purple fluid it holds is, you feel, too important to treat with such carelessness. Why would you even need a weapon in the first place? Everything is so peaceful. Then again, you felt those voices. The voices that told you to be wary of Nightmares. You opt to merely watch each weapon instead. First, you direct your glance to the sword.

A mighty weapon, with which to cut Nightmares in twain. Reliable, effective, an extension of one's body, this weapon will never fail to enforce its sharp will onto the bodies of its enemies.

Then the bow.

A quiet, ranged weapon that will guarantee safety as Nightmares are engaged from distance. They shall be pierced out of existence, or filled with countless arrows as each new opening illustrates the reason their demise is at hand.

Interesting. Then finally, the staff.

Power. The ability to shape one's will into force, into combative fury that rains destruction down on one's foes. To command the energies of Ether is to command life itself. Your enemies shall kneel to your awesome might, and Nightmares will fear you as a shining beacon, a warning on the horizon of their reckoning. One they can never touch, so long as thy rod is with you. At what cost does this power come?

Which do you choose?

Time runs out.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 11:24:22 pm »

Let's not pick magic for once. The bow.