Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A couple of weird requests..  (Read 1852 times)

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of weird requests..
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 08:36:07 am »

The British Empire didn't need to get chinese people high to crush them militarily. They had every other advantage.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 02:47:50 pm »

Yea. It turns out, that regiment, professional army, with modern technology, with  high quality arms, high quality gun power, and metal armored ships and ships that can move independent to the winds... can defeat wooden ships, can defeat cross bows and spears, and really old, poorly crafted shotguns with poorly crafted weak gunpowder. Beyond the superior positions, that the British manage to hold during the first opium war. Dope, while, horrible withotu question to the Chineese people, and the British were terrible to peddle it and force its trade on China, wasnt really a requirement for the Quin Dynasty to lose horribly.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

dragontamercos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 03:12:20 pm »

I doubt Toady will implement this, especially since it's so easily moddable.

Poisoning food supplies of a settlement or army is more realistic than getting one addicted to opium though.

Well, either way can he simulate stock systems??? i want complex dwarf economics and i want it in the next 6 years!

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 04:42:40 pm »

Poisoning food supplies of a settlement or army is more realistic than getting one addicted to opium though.

Well, either way can he simulate stock systems??? i want complex dwarf economics and i want it in the next 6 years!
I think it's possible within that window of time but I'm very curious about what Toady's gonna do. People around these forums - and everywhere I guess - see the economy as a religion and the free market fanatics don't like the keynesian acolytes. The only disagreement that comes close is about whether the game should have poop, I think.

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 05:13:35 pm »

There was an economy of sorts in the early versions, but it proved unworkable.

Trade could use some balancing work, I think, though it's certainly possible to play so as to create more scarcity.

dragontamercos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 08:28:51 pm »

I think it's possible within that window of time but I'm very curious about what Toady's gonna do. People around these forums - and everywhere I guess - see the economy as a religion and the free market fanatics don't like the keynesian acolytes. The only disagreement that comes close is about whether the game should have poop, I think.

Yeah i dont think a freemarket can work in the game at the current level of AI

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 01:58:56 pm »

Well no. English merchants backed by the English government to try and even out the Tea trade defecate illegally smuggled opium into China do to strict trading laws...
Sorry, I don't usually Grammar Nazi like this, but that was just too dense for me to let pass.
I honestly thought "defecate" was being used as a metaphor.

"English merchants, backed by the English government to try to even out the Tea trade, defecate illegally-smuggled opium into China due to strict trading laws."

We might also assume it was literal, depending on the method of smuggling.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:14:30 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 [2]