Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How can I please this dwarf?  (Read 847 times)

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How can I please this dwarf?
« on: August 31, 2016, 09:50:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How can I please this dwarf?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 09:52:39 am »

Disable labors (especially refuse hauling) and install high-value furniture in the dwarf's room.  I have a dwarf who is never the slightest bit cheerful about anything, and admiring her own furniture is the only thing that provides a measurable happiness boost.  Everything else that seems to provide happiness?  Actually doesn't.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 09:53:01 am »

have they experienced something traumatic in the past?
because they are currently "somewhat focused with satisfied needs"
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 10:59:56 am »

have they experienced something traumatic in the past?
because they are currently "somewhat focused with satisfied needs"
Is he the fool sealed himself outside the wall he built? I can't remember.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 11:00:28 am »

she's unfocused for both not practicing a martial art and unexciting life. Put her through military training once a season or a season a year, and have her do some live training (cage a sieger or invader, build their cage in a room with the release lever nearby, and have her pull said lever, or station her on that room and have someone pull the lever somewhere else)

Also, she dreams of making a masterwork. Train her in something like stonecrafting for large pots or trade crafts (to use all the stone that ends up piling around), and she'll feel satisfied for all the masterwork items she makes.

And you should try and make a temple dedicated to The Pearl Of Defending if she's not praying at the non-specific-deity temple.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 11:37:05 am »

You will know what to do.

Try giving her a different crafting job, like Sebas suggested. Once she gets better, that might be stimulating enough to decrease stress. Might as well be mugs, there seem to be a lack of them, as well as some general crafts. She ought to pinch some bracelet or something eventually. Adding a dedicated shrine to her main god might help, too, as well as cheer up the other Nelasites.

Then, of course, it depends on how much this particular d0rf matters to you and the fort. She doesn't seem to be the berserking type, just keep a coffin handy.

Centigrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 11:55:47 am »

Pull the lever.

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 02:59:38 pm »

Go ahead and try all of that.  None of it will work.  A dwarf who is never the slightest bit cheerful about anything only gets happiness from admiring their own furniture.  Other things that appear to add happiness don't actually add happiness (because she is never the slightest bit cheerful about anything).  De-stressing your dwarf is as simple as putting a gold or steel cabinet in her room and giving her some time to admire it.