Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Petitions Stopped  (Read 1147 times)

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Petitions Stopped
« on: August 26, 2016, 03:07:23 am »

Hello Everyone

I come bearing news of Science I just completed. Recently after having several people show up and join as entertainers/mercenaries/other when suddenly the requests stopped. Several guests had arrived with the description of "seeking employment" but never actually 'Conducting Meeting'. (which resulted in one of the guests going into a rage at least once every other month).

I tried the following things-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After fixing the issue by killing all the humans I decided to investigate why that fixed it. After toying around for a bit I remembered that I recently became a Barony and after appointing my previous mayor as baron, I gave the job to someone else. After appointing the baron back to mayor role, one of the human mercenarys immediately switched to 'Conduct Meeting'.

I hope this information helps anyone else who might be getting stuck with a bunch of guests just sitting around Socializing all day and never actually applying to stay.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Petitions Stopped
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 04:20:44 am »

Useful info. So the conduct meeting seems to get tied to the individual holding the position at the time of the visitor entering the map rather than the position, stalling the queue?

jwest23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 11:21:35 am »

If that's reproducible, that would make for a solid bug report.  I don't imagine that's the intent.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 02:16:55 pm »

There's a visitor limit that may have something to do with it.

Edit: OK so the individual holding the position has to be restored to the position for this to work. I haven't had the issue as far as I know, but I will watch out for it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:20:37 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 02:43:07 pm »

So I been working on this for awhile and got about 10 Petitions done before they stopped again. I cycled mayors about 3 times before they started again. Very strange. but for anyone else who has visitors waiting to have a meeting, cycling mayors works for me.

Haymaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 11:01:28 pm »

Ooh, thanks.. That may explain why my visitors are not finding my mayor. I had the game running while I was out of shopping and during that trip Urists decided to let that one mildorf who is deadset either trainning or patrolling become our next mayor. Petitions stopped

First I thought it was because the Urist McImusttraineveryweaponskillknowntodwarf had better priorities than talk with filthy humans, but I believe this thread's science is more accurate than my hunch

So, time to go about giving few momentary mayorships to some dwarves, including few previous dorfs and see if petitions come.

..Because I have a legendary swordsman looking for long-term residency..

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 09:36:13 pm »

I tried burrowing my expedition leader/mayor to the tavern to stop him running away and that helped a bit.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 05:58:54 am »

..Because I have a legendary swordsman looking for long-term residency..
Legendary,Yikes your lucky, I've never heard of that before, i don't think any of my mercenaries had particularly good weapon skills when i got them.