Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Warhammer 40K Underhive Settlement Reboot 2.2.4 (Bugfixes!)  (Read 29576 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K Underhive Settlement Reboot 2.2.2 (Bugfixes!)
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2017, 04:24:59 pm »

If I remember correctly the manual has that information...

Just start Rubble, then go to "addon documentation", then "Underhive Settlement/Base".
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2017, 10:31:44 am »

Can't start game on default: not found: data/art/underhiveironhand.png

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2017, 01:19:52 am »

I'm having the same problem, and are we supposed to just... I dunno, copy and past the stuff in the addon folder into the main raws and such or something?

SInce there's been a few bugfixes I figured I'd finally give it a go, and.... Can't. And nothing makes sense to me because of all the Rubble stuff.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2017, 01:21:02 pm »

That can't be default. That tile sheet is only used by the (mostly broken) custom tileset that I really ought to remove someday...

If you are getting that error with a fresh copy then I really screwed up just before packaging.

In any case all you need to do to fix things is run Rubble, select the install tileset option, then select one of the tileset listed (don't use the mod specific one).

The default install should be a simple mostly ASCII 24x24 TWBT tileset, and you can replace it with any other ASCII compatible tileset via the normal methods. I'll check it my backup copy of the last release to see if I really did goof it up.

Also: I thought I fixed the issue with the mod specific tileset not installing it's sheet...

EDIT: I just checked, and the last release version has the wrong tileset listed. Not sure how this happened. Unfortunately I have not been near a computer capable of uploading files for several weeks now, and this seems unlikely to change just right away. Like I said: use Rubble to install one of the default tilesets or otherwise install a tileset of your own until I get a fix up. Sorry.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 01:29:00 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2017, 04:28:35 pm »

Aww, but the tileset was one of the best thing about it...

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2017, 05:18:02 pm »

The tileset was fine, for 34.11

Nowadays it isn't quite so good, and I suck at tilesets so I can't really fix it properly. Right now it is a ugly thrown together mess. Also it is 16x16, which is kinda small for modern computers.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2017, 11:18:54 pm »

That's like saying any given tileset was fine for whatever version it came out for. I'm not trying to start an argument when I say that, it just comes off as overly harsh, especially considering in this case it was custom made for the mod; the ASCII just doesn't... Look/feel right, I guess, but I also never played the mod without its custom tileset, as I've been trying to get the damned thing to realize the file is where it's supposed to be. I know there's TWBT stuff in it, but still it just seems so... Plain looking.

That being said, it seems more that it's not "finding" the files I guess? Despite the fact they're pretty plainly there, which is odd.

I suppose you could always ask someone else how to fix it or if they could update the graphics. Since this is kind of a separate issue from rubble or the raws, it stands to reason this could be the one thing you could outsource; I'm sure there's someone who could help (If I had any idea how to fiddle with the visual things I'd volunteer my time, but obviously this is something beyond me.)

EDIT: Yeah, this looks realllly.... Ill-fitting. This is gonna sound stupid but it doesn't really convey the same feel the custom tileset does.

EDIT II: Nevermind. Saw the printmode stuff after giving the thread a proper look.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2017, 10:21:35 pm »

Oh, I would​ like to have a proper version of the custom tileset well enough. My problem with what it has now is that I don't have the time/skill to do a proper job of fixing it up for modern DF versions.

In particular the current buildings look really weird (they all need to be redrawn for the tileset), but the tilesheet should also be redrawn/rearranged so it works well with TWBT.

Do you know any bored tileset artists?

Hasthol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2017, 12:51:09 pm »

I have a small problem. How do I get a rogue techpriest?

Also I had seen that I can produce unlimited ammounts of ammo without need to reproduce powder etc. Also soldiers carry all ammo avilable
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 12:53:56 pm by Hasthol »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2017, 02:53:09 pm »

The techpriest is an appointed noble. I can't remember if you need the mayor equivalent or not.

I'll have to look at ammo production.

Soldiers should only carry ammo for weapons that they use. Anything else is a bug, probably a vanilla DF bug...

This remindes me, I need to upload the version with the fixed tileset install...

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K Underhive Settlement Reboot 2.2.4 (Bugfixes!)
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2017, 12:28:56 pm »

OK, Uploaded a version with the goofed init files fixed.

demol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2021, 07:36:36 am »

Welll
Besides some "necro"

I am playing this mod now, many years after touch of previous generation of "necromunda" mod. Founding it very nice and amusing.

If someone ever cares about bugs or may even continue this brilliant work I will post bugs I found so far here (as well as other strange and possibly unintended behavior).

1. Lho harvests as dry leafs from fields so it can't be process further. Because dry lho needs to be in bag to process and they are collected just as normal plants, not into bags.
(I jury rigged this for myself by deleting all "bag-related" stuff from lho reactions, seeds are rarely produced but it is tolerable with the merchants seed supply)
2. There is something wrong with merchant weapon prices.
- 2.1 Plain weapon prices are very low. About 40-100 for all from chain swords to autocannons.
- 2.2 Occasionaly for 1-3 items price displayed on trade screen skyrokets to 26000+ but on item screen their prices displayed as normal 160-300.
3. Any items inside any conainer that placed into another container (bag inside a barrel, ammo belt inside a bin and so on) are completely overlooked by game mechanic (but i think that was a core game bug).
4. Dogs and hivers are overpowered (or fauna underpowered heavily). Milliasaurs, crook hounds, spitworms all killed by plain dogs and lone barehand hivers without casualites or even major wounds.
5. Wild grox is the only creature that was able to actually kill my hivers so far. Also wild grox can soak in entire quiver belt of autogun and flee happily out of the map.
6. I can't figure out is hunting actually works at all or not. My dedicated hunter freed from all other work simply doing "no job" all the time between eating and sleeping.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 01:27:23 am by demol »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2021, 04:22:24 am »

Anyone get it working with a more modern version of DF?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2021, 08:34:24 am »

Anyone get it working with a more modern version of DF?

Id recommend a republish over just a 'fix' in this case, 43 is miles away from 47, not only in QoL but also in balance and technical terms (new datafields & init) that may require a re-evaluation.

DFhack packed with it isn't to the standards to run any version more advanced, and i can't say anything about "Rubble" other than it should probably try to be phased out where possible unless the people involved with the project come back and make it up to scratch again since you can view all rubble resources scripts and see what's going on with simple applications like Notepad++.

I have downloaded it to pour over, and it seems to be quite detailed with a few interesting scripts, especially the "hooks". I wonder if some of these options are still possible?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 08:37:11 am by FantasticDorf »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]