Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for Players: ARMA 3 Dynamic Roleplay Realism  (Read 1144 times)

killerbees1218

• Bay Watcher
  • Sting like a bee, fly like a... How'd it go again?
    • View Profile
Looking for Players: ARMA 3 Dynamic Roleplay Realism
« on: September 05, 2016, 06:20:38 pm »

(Please note this is not a forum/text game. It uses Armed Assault 3 for PC, using the built in ZEUS gamemode)

I am not sure if this is the right area for this, if not mods please move it to the correct section. I figured since this is related to heavy roleplay it may belong here? Anyways going on to the point!

Hello, first a little about myself: My online alias is Dekkar (heres it's killerbees) real name is Andrew Howe, I am 28 years old have 2 children and love to game when I have time to help detach from the stress of realities. I've been playing mostly RP games as far back as Dungeons and Dragons, Neverwinter Nights, Vampire the masquerade, D12 Modern RP, Ultima online to name a few. In which every game I mentioned has the ability to be the Dungeon Master, in which I usually am. I play DM so much I forgot what it's like to be a player, but I enjoy it. I recently got a new idea, since the video game Armed Assault 3 has the ability to play as "Zeus" (which is literally has the same powers a Dungeon Master would have) plus with the editor it makes it for literally unlimited possibilities. I plan on hosting a session designed for 6 cooperative players in which you will start out in either Altis or Stratis with the goal depending on the side the players vote to play as, to either protect(BLUFOR), Start a Rebellion (Independent), or Invade (OPFOR). Or you can play as a PMC with no allegiance to anyone except money, you can accept random missions playing sides or working for corporations biddings.

You have the option to either start as a simple soldier under the command of a squad leader, or as a basic Squad Leader in command of a small fireteam. Both have the opportunity to move up in ranks given their success in missions. (or staying alive) (note if you play PMC it will be a drastically different game experience/ different missions)

I have written down quite a few features that I will monitor closely to make sure( just like a DM'd game) everything pans out the way it should. Some of these examples include: set force amount for each faction, simulating supply and demand (depending on arrival/destruction of cargo planes/trucks), scripts I have for Zeus it allows me to do more advanced things with the AI such as: Players can take prisoners and create their own POW camps to hold them and even run rescue operations for allies if they are captured, AI will actively search and use buildings as cover and walls, and since I plan on running this like a dungeon master game, and since ARMA 3 doesn't have a stat system, advancing involves moving up in military rank (starting as a basic officer or even a private soldier depending on your choice) with each higher rank grants you access to more advanced reinforcements/abilities for the faction you are on.(call air support, paratroopers, reinforcements, plan attacks and objectives etc) Respawn is on by default and planned on simulating player deaths as being "wounded" putting said player as out of action for the round, or they can continue at the cost of a 1 rank demotion. This is to encourage squad leaders / Generals from going balls to the wall rambo as they could lose abilities or rank. But also allows players to stay in the game, cause sometimes death in ARMA 3 comes swiftly.

There are plenty of other events / possiblites that can happen since this is such a freeform and open game, so each player through is guaranteed to be different.

As expected you will require ARMA 3 updated to latest patch, I am at -6 Central Standard American/canadian time, I plan on hosting a session tonight and the next two days(Sept 5th-7th) in the evenings around 6pm. As I work, will have to plan sessions on my days off, which is usually weekdays. If there is any interest please drop me a line, I have tried to publicly host the server without advertising it, but the only players that joined were ones that weren't interested in RP and would rather randomly team kill instead, so to hopefully avoid that again, I have come to bay12 players to see if they have interest.

Requirements: ARMA3, No Mods or Expansions required
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 11:04:49 pm by killerbees1218 »
Death, is only the beginning.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Players: ARMA 3 Dynamic Roleplay Realism
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 08:28:45 pm »

First off, I don't mind this being in 'other games' but there is also 'Play with your buddies'.

Anyways, this sounds like a really cool idea. Are you playing purely vanilla or are you planning on having any mods? (ACE3?) I assume you won't be using APEX?
Unfortunately I'm probably not going to participate since I work most days at awkward hours.

killerbees1218

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 11:00:38 pm »

This will be run, using vanilla's latest verison. No Apex, No mods required, just jump in and play. Purely run on scripts all in game

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 01:04:08 am »

I could be interested if my graphic card worked... Still working on that. I've played Arma 3 and 2 a lot with friends, almost 100% coops.

Will you use AI mods though? The vanilla AI is... well its not bad, but its very accurate and doesnt care much about cover. I find that ASR AI and TPW help the AI a lot, they become less super soldiers and more smart with cover, they can be suppressed, they'll flee at times too, and the groups also communicate with each other, sharing enemy info, with a delay.

ACE3 is also wonderful, I couldnt imagine playing without it and the full ballistic and medical systems.

killerbees1218

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 03:01:04 am »

I am using several vanilla script based mods that are server-side required only. (means people can join without having to download anything) , that includes improved AI so they aren't all dead eye snipers, also they will use cover, enter buildings, go on rooftops, surrender if they are overwhelmd or morale drops low or even retreat to join up with another squad. While not as advanced as the ACE mod, it allows for more people to hop in quickly without having to download a buncha extra files.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:02:42 am by killerbees1218 »

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 12:46:51 pm »

Cool, I'll probably check this out tonight. PM me any required details please