Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248]

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 342772 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #3705 on: January 22, 2019, 09:31:43 pm »

This thread deserves a bump.     Anyone else enjoying the latest beta of this game?

The devs have expressed continuing commitment to the game post release and  the game is now more varied,  more fun, and even weirder.

Depends on what you mean by enjoying. While on my truekin, testing my new psionic zetachrome dagger, I was accosted by a bunch of bats that seem to have permanently drained my max hp, and then evil clones of myself spawned and started hunting me but got turned to stone by an elder basilisk. Meanwhile something fired a laser that gave me horrifying defects and while running away from it down a corridor I opened a door to a machine that melted off the few remaining limbs I had left.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: January 23, 2019, 09:22:09 am »

The more varied starts are interesting. Also, True Men starting with cybernetics makes up for it taking so long to find credit wedges and becoming nooks with whatever you want.

I've got to watch the devs closer again. I remember the time they were working with making twinning lampreys (must kill both in the same round or they rez) better. They started with tripletting lampreys, and I think finished with 5. They also made a throw-away joke saying they were banning mutations like a month ago. But this is how you test new stuff: https://twitter.com/unormal/status/1055702303745998848

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: January 25, 2019, 04:36:06 am »

Well that was a slightly unorthodox start of the Bey Lah whodunit quest.    Before I started the quest a swarm of hostile goatfolk had followed me into Bey Lah,  first resulting in a battle between  the goatfolk and the hindren villagers in which the hindren barely won at the cost of several causalities and then a civil-war among the hindren due to a friendly-fire incident that caused Liihart to attack and kill Warden Neelahind.    Angohind and Meyehind were also killed during battle. 

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: January 26, 2019, 10:43:12 pm »

I just noticed that if you successfully accuse the guard (Kesehind?) of the theft, they will end all conversations with "live and drink piss." Good times.

Also, it looks like Tinkers should probably still start in Joppa for the guaranteed tinkering store, but what other starting locations do people go with. The reputation bonuses seem important, but I don't think I care about most of the factions you get bonuses for (fish for madpoles might be good, and...I think that's it).

Also, I found Stopsvallin for the first time in years. I'm playing an agile character, so shields don't see much use, but +1 ego is good.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: January 29, 2019, 02:56:44 pm »

I just noticed that if you successfully accuse the guard (Kesehind?) of the theft, they will end all conversations with "live and drink piss." Good times.

Also, it looks like Tinkers should probably still start in Joppa for the guaranteed tinkering store, but what other starting locations do people go with. The reputation bonuses seem important, but I don't think I care about most of the factions you get bonuses for (fish for madpoles might be good, and...I think that's it).

Also, I found Stopsvallin for the first time in years. I'm playing an agile character, so shields don't see much use, but +1 ego is good.

Joppa is my preferred due to argyve, ubernostrum, low difficulty environs, proximity to desert.

I learn shield on all characters since you can learn it at the stilt by water ritual. Stopsvalinn has no dv penalty anyways and is pretty much the best shield.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248]