Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 46378 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)
« on: August 31, 2016, 01:59:19 pm »

01) Duke Giacopo Orsini "the Just" (Zanzetkuken the Great) 1 2 3 Death <January 1, 1066 (gameplay started in September) - May 17, 1098> (~32 Years)
02) Duke Alucard Orsini (Persus13) 1 Death <May 17, 1098 - July 25, 1113> (~15 Years)
03) Duke Alucard Orsini II "the Great" (Digital Hellhound) 1 Death <July 28, 1113 - October 21, 1153> (~40 Years)
04) Duchess Maria Orsini "the Fat" (A Thing) Death <October 21, 1153 - March 12, 1159> (~6 Years)
05) Regents of Duchess Maria Orsini II "The Just" (EuchreJack) 1 2 3<March 12, 1159 - November 27, 1188 (Last posted year 1178)> (~29 years)
06) Duchess Maria Orsini II "The Just" (Hector13) Death <November 27, 1188 - February 26, 1191> (~2 Years)
07) Duke Ennio Orsini "The Bold" (Hector13 <Got due to finishing up Euchre's turn with prior>) 1 Death <February 26, 1191 - May 27, 1238> (~47 Years)
08) Duke Fiorello Orsini (Iituem) 1 2 3 Death <May 27, 1238 - November 23, 1263> (~26 Years)
09) Duke Fiorello Orsini II (Pttg??) 1 2 3 4 5 6 Death <November 23, 1263 - June 22, 1275> (~12 Years)
10) Regent Glitterhoof (Zanzetkuken) Regency <June 22, 1275 - June 26, 1285> (~10 Years)
11) Duchess Ermenegilda the Unfaithful (DigitalHellhound) Death <June 26, 1285 - May 19, 1308> (~28 Years)
12) Duke Matteo of Alexandria (Persus13) Death <May 19, 1308 - September 2, 1350> (~42 Years)

Spoiler: Failed Timelines (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:20:22 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 02:22:00 pm »

I don't own any DLCs on my Steam CK2 install, so... uh... well, let's say I will be just watching this closely. :P
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 02:24:05 pm »

I'd like to do something with some challenge, but not an overly huge amount.

I'm not sure which start date to begin with, as I think that would be dependent on where on the map you all want to be.

Being one of the republics would be fun. Amalfi is on the intersection between Islam, Orthodoxy, and Catholicism in 867. Visby in 1066 would also be cool. The problem there is that rulers tend to start old so turns would be fairly short, and losing the doge title would put you in a precarious position.

This page from the CKII wiki might be helpful.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 02:41:31 pm »

I'd like to do something with some challenge, but not an overly huge amount.

Once the start date is selected, I'll be finding various locations that will provide some level of challenge while still having the ability to be interesting at later dates.  Thinking of starting with a custom ruler in order for us to have the dynasty 'of the Twelfth Bay.'  I'll probably set a secondary poll inside of the location selection poll to ask if people want a custom dynasty or the default.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 02:48:50 pm »

POLAND STRONK

Also, I just had an hilarious realization...
What if someone gets immortal trait? :P
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 02:55:25 pm »

POLAND STRONK

Also, I just had an hilarious realization...
What if someone gets immortal trait? :P

In that case, we pass on the save every 25 or 50 years of rule, depending upon how long it takes to go through and write up a turn.  Consider it the mind warping over the years of immortality.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 03:54:49 pm »

Now I'll finally be able to put my 200 hours in CK2 to extremely poor use good use!

Spoiler: DLCS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:17:53 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 04:10:21 pm »

Looking around, DLC seems to work as an unlock of content rather than adding, might this mean that we can run things without concern of DLC enabled?  We may not need to care too much about what DLC people have if so...

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 04:17:55 pm »

Looking around, DLC seems to work as an unlock of content rather than adding, might this mean that we can run things without concern of DLC enabled?  We may not need to care too much about what DLC people have if so...

Hovering over the save of the multiplayer game we did a while back it says I need Conclave to play it, so maybe that one will be required even if we play as a feudal Christian dynasty.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 04:35:10 pm »

I'd be interested.  Since I'm Awesome, I have all the gameplay DLCs.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 04:40:54 pm »

I'm still in. I know we haven't opened the next stage of planning, but might I say I'd definitely like to pick a historically disadvantaged starting location so we can screw up history all the more.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 04:51:09 pm »

Hovering over the save of the multiplayer game we did a while back it says I need Conclave to play it, so maybe that one will be required even if we play as a feudal Christian dynasty.

Just ran an experiment.  It seems that Conclave is the only DLC that will prevent you from loading up the save if it was originally there.  If conclave is disabled and we select a location of a government type/religion that is playable in vanilla, we don't have to care what DLC combination anyone has.  I could enable every dlc and start in the earliest date and, as long as I played as a catholic ruler, be followed by a no-dlc player, for example.  They probably won't get all the events to fire properly, but it seems they could still play it.

Still would prefer us all to at least have the Old Gods DLC, due to how much area it opens up and allow us all to play as Zunists or Zoroastrians.  Mildly interested in seeing us pull something off with them, if we get that start date.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 05:14:42 pm »

You know, there is always an possibility to play DLCs without actually owning them, but first - that's about 393.64 picohitlers (the collection costs 144,99€) in evil, and second - it might not work between non-evil versions and evil ones.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 05:32:35 pm »

You know, there is always an possibility to play DLCs without actually owning them, but first - that's about 393.64 picohitlers (the collection costs 144,99€) in evil, and second - it might not work between non-evil versions and evil ones.

Based on my findings, you don't need to add a single picohitler to play the succession game if you own it, conclave is disabled from the start, and we play a ruler you can access in vanilla.

May want to find a different measurement than Htilers, though.  It's money, so get a pirate to use as a measurement instead.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 05:35:26 pm »

Pretty sure Steam and non-steam versions of CKII keep the saves in the same place, your documents folder.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20