Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 46741 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 05:44:01 pm »

May want to find a different measurement than Htilers, though.  It's money, so get a pirate to use as a measurement instead.
Nah, the math is good. Single human life is measured at 6900000$, so 1 Hitler is ~41400000000000$ and the Collection price is $159.99 (I calculated the previous amount by converting European price to Dollars, so in reality it's 389.27 picohitlers if you go with official Steam price in USD) so... if you do it, you basically have a micro Auschwitz in your computer.
I don't feel bad with it though.

Based on my findings, you don't need to add a single picohitler to play the succession game if you own it, conclave is disabled from the start, and we play a ruler you can access in vanilla.
Conclave is a big thing, and constricting people to vanilla seems meh. Also, while you certainly can play, I belive that switching DLCs on and off might cause some non-fatal trouble.

Pretty sure Steam and non-steam versions of CKII keep the saves in the same place, your documents folder.
Da.
BUT THAT'S ILLEGAL AND EVIL SO NOBODY WOULD ACTUALLY DO THAT, RIGHT?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 05:54:13 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 05:47:26 pm »

Conclave is a big thing, and constricting people to vanilla seems meh. Also, while you certainly can play, I belive that switching DLCs on and off might cause some non-fatal trouble.

Enough don't have Conclave that I'm not going to enable it at all.  As for the second part, that's going to be part of the fun.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 05:55:35 pm »

Meh, might as well put me in then.
(THE BEST PART IS THAT YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHICH VERSION WILL I USE. EVIL OR NOT EVIL ONE. MUAHAHAHHAHAH)
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 10:19:11 pm »

Since it appears everyone who signed up has voted (and apparently one other guy unless I missed someone), I'll call it now.  Shame it'll be 1066 when we could have easily started in 769 and players without the DLC still could have played, but oh well.  Maybe we'll actually be able to make it to the end date.  I'll change over the poll to the location vote.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 10:22:24 pm »

I'm interested. PTW. Have all the DLC except for Conclave and the new plagues one, and the latter will probably be rectified sometime next month.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 11:02:12 pm »

Since it appears everyone who signed up has voted (and apparently one other guy unless I missed someone), I'll call it now.  Shame it'll be 1066 when we could have easily started in 769 and players without the DLC still could have played, but oh well.  Maybe we'll actually be able to make it to the end date.  I'll change over the poll to the location vote.
Look again.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 11:18:55 pm »

Look again.

Whelp, I didn't notice this until I had changed the poll.  Granted, only one new person had joined since then, so at best it could have only changed to a tie, since there had been no tie listed when I was changing the poll options.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 11:23:41 pm »

I saw 10 people vote, though (maybe we should vote with PMs or forum posts instead, to stop the non-players participating? In that case, the earlier the better, Charlemagne start the best, Old Gods the second best and the Vanilla the third best.). The earliest start date was actually winning by one vote too.

ALSO NO POLISH OPTION.
B I A S E D.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2016, 11:30:16 pm »

PTW, although I can't join in because my computer sucks too much to run CKII.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 11:37:15 pm »

I would like to make the argument that we start as an underling of some other ruler. There's a lot of fun to be had as a councilor, and there's always the option of breaking free.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2016, 11:39:42 pm »

I saw 10 people vote, though (maybe we should vote with PMs or forum posts instead, to stop the non-players participating? In that case, the earlier the better, Charlemagne start the best, Old Gods the second best and the Vanilla the third best.). The earliest start date was actually winning by one vote too.

ALSO NO POLISH OPTION.
B I A S E D.

I saw mention of there being a prior Bay 12 succession that formed the Wendish Empire.  Considering it had apparently been done before, I thought somewhere else might be good.

Whelp, a bit too late to change things, but hey, if we wind up running out of time, maybe we can try converting the save over to Europa Universalis IV (with tweaks to the map to fix what goes wrong in conversion)(maybe through Victoria II and Hearts of Iron III or IV as well.) and the game can continue on into that while another Crusader Kings one is booted up.

I would like to make the argument that we start as an underling of some other ruler. There's a lot of fun to be had as a councilor, and there's always the option of breaking free.

I'll mark the independent ones so people can tell which are and aren't independent.  Edit: Marked.  Wound up with a 50/50 spread as to vassal or independent.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:41:52 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2016, 11:41:52 pm »

What's the culture of each of these guys?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2016, 11:58:32 pm »

What's the culture of each of these guys?

Added.

saigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2016, 11:59:13 pm »

Can I have a turn?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2016, 12:00:36 am »

Is Fuedal the proper term? :S
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20