Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 46793 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (DigitalHellhound)
« Reply #270 on: February 04, 2017, 05:14:03 am »

He got what he deserved, son! Worthless excuse for a husband. At least he was of use to his brother in death.

Never seen a death pop-up for the cannibal event before, nifty.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (DigitalHellhound)
« Reply #271 on: February 12, 2017, 08:03:17 pm »

Been really slow on this due to the semester starting up again.

Also, this just happened, so I'm not sure what to do next, especially since my character is a zealous crusader warrior, so I don't really want to become independent.

Spoiler: Large images (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)
« Reply #272 on: February 12, 2017, 08:07:51 pm »

Also, this just happened, so I'm not sure what to do next, especially since my character is a zealous crusader warrior, so I don't really want to become independent.

What traits does the Pope have?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 12, 2017, 08:22:47 pm »

He's a Pilgrim Crusader with sympathy of Islam. He's honest, envious, charitable and arbitrary.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 12, 2017, 08:33:58 pm »

He's a Pilgrim Crusader with sympathy of Islam. He's honest, envious, charitable and arbitrary.

Well, we do have an utterly absurd amount of land and have waged a large numbers of Holy Wars against Islam.  Could use that to construct a narrative to go independent.  Could use other branches of the family, people playing on the bad side of the pope and giving him the suspicion we may support an anti-pope, etc.  Maybe even use the fact your guy's mother had been excommunicated, then restored by a massive donation.  I'll leave you to decide which is the bad part of that bit.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 13, 2017, 04:01:26 am »

I dunno, I was hoping we'd convert over to EU IV as Papal State.  Without us, they're nothing.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2017, 06:22:09 am »

You could maybe give all the land there to a relative and grant them independence, if you don't want to keep it (if that's possible - might actually be that only the top-level ruler can do that). Or hand it to other vassals of the Pope, thus growing the Holy Realm - preferably Orsini ones.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2017, 06:55:55 am »

Question:  If we took enough land for a de jure empire, would the Pope form it and elevate himself?  Creating the Empire of God would be satisfying.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2017, 07:12:07 am »

I don't think the Pope creates higher-level titles, sadly.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2017, 08:34:52 am »

I don't think the Pope creates higher-level titles, sadly.

Maybe if we get control of the majority of Italy, we could use console commands to create the empire of Italia?  That way, we can stay under the control of the Pope, but still continue our growth in power.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2017, 01:35:28 pm »

One problem right now is that I was worried about hitting my vassal limit even before I won the crusade for England. I know you can go over it (like the Byzantine emperor currently is in this game), but I don't know what sort of downsides there are to that.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2017, 03:01:32 pm »

Vassals can declare independence after your current ruler dies, I think you receive opinion penalties and all that comes with them, but I don't think you lose anything like taxes or levies.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2017, 03:12:36 pm »

Other than both taxes and levies being based partly on ruler opinion.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2017, 03:55:37 pm »

That's what I meant about everything that comes with opinion penalties. I meant that I don't think having too many vassals affects them like having too many holdings in your personal demesne does.

Poorly communicated heh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 25, 2017, 01:11:34 pm »

How's the turn coming along?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20