Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 46802 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2016, 08:22:09 pm »

Wouldn't it be better to just make it into a smaller tiebreaker poll?

The time I spotted it was after RedKing had posted and Euchre confirmed he voted for both.  At that point, all players had voted and the current tie was most likely caused by a nonplayer.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2016, 09:05:00 pm »

I'm going to write in Bernie Sanders, that'll show 'em.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2016, 09:34:00 pm »

For those who care: Crusader Kings II and all DLC but Reaper's Due is currently on sale.  Noticed when I was trying to find out how long different epidemics last.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2016, 09:43:15 pm »

I guess I can join. All DLC 'cept Conclave (which may change 'cause sale) and the new one.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2016, 09:47:56 pm »

broke tie for Transylvania

Go play your Alucard.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2016, 10:18:29 pm »

I'm OK with this. I'm also OK with the idea of PCs being, if not outright vampires, people who act exactly like vampires.

Too bad we can't ensure they're always Lunatic...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2016, 10:21:36 pm »

broke tie for Transylvania

Go play your Alucard.

Thing is, it's currently tied again.  Already started as the Pope vassal, anyway.  Almost got the first dutchy of our own, too.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2016, 02:23:18 am »

This is an outrage. I will do everything in my power to ensure we gain Transylvania, wherever we start. Are we not ever-faithful servants of the Vampire Pope?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2016, 03:44:00 pm »

I grabbed conclave during that sale a few days back. While I was at it I got the rest of the functional DLC other than the Aztec invasion.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2016, 04:51:37 pm »

Go time to edit the screenshots taken from the first 15 years down to size.  I'll put the first part of my turn up as soon as I get them ready and the details in order.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2016, 01:25:39 am »

Yeah, going to skip the screenshots for this one.  I had taken around 200 over the course and I really don't want to sort through them all.

Duke Giacopo Orsini, Vassal of the Pope

My house has come a long way in the past fifteen years.  For one, I'm a Duke not a mere Count.  Moving up in the world!  All it took was taking advantage of a couple independent provinces that ever so lucky for me just had a plague pass through them allowing me to smash their armies with ease.  Sure there's one Lombard guy that has a strong claim on the location, but I married his sister allowing for me to form an alliance with him.  Granted, the second one has all three baronies in the control of Muslims right now.  As far as I can tell, it was due to Pisa running some war against them, capturing the main holding, then the muslims in a simultaneous war managed to become the leaders and capture the rest.  Probably going to want to deal with them soon.  I need a church to give to my first son.

Yeah, despite some early promise by becoming a falconer at age six, my first son, Bobone, wound up becoming a bit of a disappointment.  My second child and son, Adolf, is showing a great deal more promise and is pulling through with in achieving it.  I'll probably give him Monte Cassino, a castle I built myself in the new captial, after I capture that other castle from the Muslims.  My third son, Alucard, is upstaging them both completely, working on a higher skill level than Adolf despite being over a year younger.  As a result of this and the Pope dying, allowing the new Pope to implement medium realm authority, I've been able to build up enough political clout to change the succession laws from Gavelkind to Ultimogeniture.  May bring problems later, but I'm a bit low on concern for that right now.  I've also got a couple daughters, Daenerys and Lucrezia, but both are too young to make any judgement of skill upon.

Anyway, in other news there's an Antipapacy floating around in the Holy Roman Empire.  Last I heard, they are on their third one already while we are only on the second Pope since I took charge of my lands.  The merchant republic based in Amalfi has apparently collapsed when I wasn't looking as well.  No idea how that happened.  I personally wound up building up a trade route between my territory and a pagan tribe up in the Baltic Sea.  Some place called Zemgale?  The Pope would probably order me killed if he found out, but I haven't told him where the trade goods are going or where they are coming from.  Besides, I have the relevant stuff consecrated before it is sent to him.  Besides the profits allowing me to make the best garden on the continent, which did cost a fair bit admittedly, I don't have much else to rep-.  Wait, I forgot something!  The Pope had hosted a Grand Tournament in Rome and I achieved second place.  That's all I have right now.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 02:41:29 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2016, 04:07:59 pm »

Duke Giacopo Orsini the Just, Vassal of the Pope

Spoiler: House Orsini of Capua (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: House Orsini of Amalfi (click to show/hide)

Things have been good the past few years. We managed to conquer the Muslim held territories within Napoli, kept Amalfi from rising once more by conquering it and then putting a member of the dynasty in charge of it, and utterly obliterated two peasent revolts.  An ongoing one that we launched our claim war of Amalfi during, and one that sparked up against the Pope in Napoli.  The sheer disparity of forces was hilarious.  My first son somehow managed to become one of the Cardinals and I gave control of Amalfi to my second.  Slightly regretting having changed the capital over to Capua so quickly, as if I had it in Napoli we would have a bunch more soldiers.  Both the castles in that one are built up fairly high while the second castle of Capua, Monte Cassino, is only barebones right now.  You know, might give it to Alucard as a test for how well he can reign.  Will have to wait til after his marriage to the sister of the Holy Roman Emperor.

Orvieto and Capua are now prosperous.  With both being prosperous and the end of the revolt allowing taxes to be gained, the house is now making more money than the Doges of every Italian Merchant Republic, the Holy Roman Emperor, the Kings of France and England, and a bunch of other people.  Heck, it's only been a couple months since I gave a bunch of money to my son to help get him close to once more reforming the Amalfi merchant republic and we're pretty much back to the original amount.

As for anything strange that occurred, there wasn't much.  Besides getting the most recent claim about a day after I had sent my councillor there.  I honestly had not been expecting it to occur so quickly.  Other than that, a couple hedge knights came by after hearing of a tournament in the local area.  I gave them a lavish feast when they came by since I had enough cash floating around.  One of them got injured in a tournament, and I let them stay in a portion of the castle I hadn't been to in a while.  Wasn't much but they were thankful for it.  Slightly improved my reputation with the Pope as well.  Oh yeah, I almost forgot.  The old Antipapacy died for some reason.  It was replaced by the new Holy Roman Emperor starting up another, but the Pope was the only Pope for a time.

Minor thought: let's attempt to remain under the authority of the Pope until we get a ruler with the 'Cynical' trait.  See how much territory we can get under the control of the Papacy in however long it is til that occurs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2016, 04:45:13 pm »

Kinda fascinating to see what happens if the Papacy controls a merchant republic. Gold for the Glory of God!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2016, 05:51:59 pm »

Kinda fascinating to see what happens if the Papacy controls a merchant republic. Gold for the Glory of God!

They don't, as Amalfi hasn't been restored to Merchant Republic status yet.  I just make so bloody much money that I have a greater income than all of them while still being Fuedal.  Almost make more than the Pope.

Also, came across more weirdness with baronies.  The county I have a claim on has a church as it's capital holding, and the castle that is a part of it swears alligence to the Pope.  As well, the fuedal holding of Amalfi has it's alligence swore to Salerno.  If it turns out there's a fuedal vassal of Salerno that swears alligence to Apulia...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2016, 07:41:28 am »

We should conquer all of Italy for Il Papa. We will found an eternal Kingdom of God, Gold and Vampirism!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20