Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 46828 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2016, 09:04:22 am »

I'd like to join.

DLC owned: Everything but Rajas of India, Conclave, and Reaper's Due. Probably going to pick up RD soon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2016, 01:01:33 pm »

Duke Giacopo Orsini the Just, Vassal of the Pope

Spoiler: House Orsini of Capua (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: House Orsini of Amalfi (click to show/hide)

Oh, come to hear an old man rant have ye?  Seem to remember you coming around a decade ago.  Might be the last time I see you.  Picked up cancer recently, though I can say I've lasted a bit longer than I thought.  Nastly little bout with...something a year or so ago.  Think it was right around the time the Pope called the First Crusade.  Maybe little before.  Yeah, it was before.  I remember having conquered Benevieto or whatever that county's name is.  Left it in the hands of a vassal bishop if I recall.  Besides, if I was sick I wouldn't have marched out with the Holy armies if I hadn't.  Bailed on the thing after a bit, though.  No one was able to bring a force together to beat the Fatamid armies.  Maybe if poor Daenerys hadn't died we might have gotten something done with that war.  What happened to her?  Managed to marry her off to the Emperor of the Byzantines.  Was killed before she could have any kids, though.  It really hurt to hear that.  No, it wasn't because I lost the alliance you heartless git.

Heard Bobone's caught Pnuemonia.  Hope he'll survive.  Rather not outlive another of my kids.  I hope he becomes Pope.  I was a bit hard on him and it'll be something good for him.

Adolf lost his first wife.  He managed to have a couple kids with her before then.  Met his son over the past few years.  He's a bit slow, but a pretty good kid.  Adolf's daughter has learned a fair bit about how to get her way around court.  Should allow her to get a nice marriage.  I managed to convince him to take a second wife, and while he hasn't had kids with her, she seems to be keeping him focused now.  The duel requests between him and Alucard have died down, at least.

Speaking of Alucard, I gave him Monte Cassino and he seems to do fairly well at managing it.  Domestic life isn't too good though.  He lost his first wife due to food poisoning soon after she gave him a son and a second soon after due to poor physique, that one childless.  He's on his third wife now, and while she has had a child, that has only caused him to worry more.  Hope he'll be ready to take up the reigns of rule when the time comes.

Lucrezia is doing good for herself with her prince.  While he is a bit distant from being heir to the Holy Roman Empire, the depression she always seemed to have around her has passed.  She was fairly happy with him the last time they came down for a visit.  They haven't had kids yet, but I feel that is just a matter of time.

Plans for the future?  I'm fifty-eight, good sir.  Don't think I'll be living much longer.  Might see the turn of the century, but that's still two and a half years off.  Besides, I've built up all of the counties I own to the maximum number.  Not really much else to do.  I recall my son has a claim on Salerno.  Might want to bring that in before the Apulia's try annexing it.  They're getting too close to forming their own Kingdom, in my opinion...

Not long now.  Hey Persus, given much thought as to how you'll format your turns for this?

I'd like to join.

DLC owned: Everything but Rajas of India, Conclave, and Reaper's Due. Probably going to pick up RD soon.

I'll put you up.  I'm pretty sure you'll get a turn, but I can't be one hundred percent certain.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2016, 01:17:43 pm »

Probably a journal format of some sort. Trying to figure out what sort of path I want to take with my character. I'm going to be Alucard of Monte Cassino, right?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2016, 01:24:02 pm »

There goes my plan to convert to Buddhism.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2016, 01:26:25 pm »

Probably a journal format of some sort. Trying to figure out what sort of path I want to take with my character. I'm going to be Alucard of Monte Cassino, right?

Yep.

There goes my plan to convert to Buddhism.

Yeah, I don't think we'll have diplomatic contact with them for quite awhile.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2016, 10:46:23 pm »

The final year of Duke Giacopo Orsini the Just's life was calm.  He had thought of attempting to launch a war to claim Salerno for one of his kids, but as they were allies in the Crusade, it was recognized that this would be an extremely horrible idea.  Furthermore, a great sadness descended upon him after the loss of his longtime friend, Gersham of Loyew, the Jewish steward of the Pope before Giacopo gained the position later in his life.

In these waning days, Giacopo focused his efforts on using the vast sums of money brought in by his demense, greater than that of even the Pope, to assemble the greatest council possible.  His second son, Adolf, <20 martial> and the Physician and Court Chaplin, Gentile, <25 learning> were the only two of the original council to remain in the new council.  The other positions were filled by the Chancellor Kresimir Radomirov <26 diplomacy>, Steward Gregorius di Salerno <20 Stewardship>, and Spymaster Damianos Taronites <21 Intrigue>.  Soon after this great council was formed, the cancer finished off his life and Giacopo Orsini passed on into the afterlife.

Don't know why the game generated Eulogy mentioned Wroth rather than, say, Zealous, Crusader, or Just, but whatever.   Here's the save, if I didn't screw things up.  Let's see how Alucard handles power.  One minor thing to note, though.  Gentile is the favorite for the next Pope, so there's a chance he may be lost from the great council soon in order to become your liege.  Your move, Persus.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2016, 11:03:03 pm »

I'll load up the save tonight, to make sure everything works, and then I'll start playing tomorrow or Thursday.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2016, 02:20:20 pm »

One of the things I like about this game is I see really cool characters.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Take this, guy, he's a Celibate Welsh adventurer genius, in charge of the Republic of Apulia, and hes winning an independence revolt against the possessed Holy Roman Emperor.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2016, 02:39:12 pm »

I look forward to seeing the first post, as I have a few questions.  Am curious as to why you didn't move the capital to Napoli.  Unless something has changed, the dynasty owns two castles there of higher quality than the two of Capua.  And as the Capital County bonus would apply to both, the dynasty would be a bit stronger.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2016, 03:00:53 pm »

I haven't moved the capital yet because I wasn't paying attention to that.

Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2016, 06:54:45 pm »

December 9, 1103

It has been over 5 years since my father Giacopo the Just, first Duke of Capua, died. It’s been a busy time, and much has happened since his death. My liege the Pope’ response to my father’s death was touching, offering to make me Commander, and sending me out to the Holy Land to forget my grief. My first few months of rule were spent in Acre, leading the Holy Father’s armies in an attempt to save the 1st Crusade. We failed, and I came back home with a passion for hunting, and a desire to wage a successful war against the Muslims elsewhere.
At the time, I was content to deal with matters at home and for several years they took my attention. My brother was upset he did not own anything that could be given to his son, and pressed me to claim the independent county of Salerno for him. I eventually agreed, concerned that if I did not act, Salerno would fall to the Duke of Apulia. It seems that I was too slow for my brother, who was plotting to kill me. A few armed messengers was enough to end his plotting, but I must be on my guard against future attempts.

Aside from the minor war over Salerno, I discovered we had an opportunity to build a hospital. Building up a good hospital to protect against outbreaks of disease seemed like a good precaution. An outbreak of plague could bring the realm to its knees. The hospital has now been built in Capua, but now is just a matter of amassing the wealth to improve the building.
Unfortunately, while building the hospital, an outbreak of consumption from Greece crossed the sea, infecting many of the court, including myself and my heir. Cardinal Gentile served the court well, but I needed to get away from the disease ridden peninsula. So I set my sights to Spain, where unlike the Fatimid ruled Holy Land, no single power controlled the region. I lead my own army on this venture, not one belonging to my liege lord, and this time I will see success for the Holy Cross.
Sigtext

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2016, 06:59:45 pm »

A more appropriate portrait for an asshole vassal you are unlikely to find.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2016, 07:08:02 pm »

Huh, seems like the portrait DLC made him lose the near-Hitler moustace.

Also, you don't need to focus on Spain.  See that little tip at the end of Sicily?  It's a singe county Muslim controlled area last I saw.  Besides being an easy win, it will deny Apula some land.  Maybe distract them as well.

In addition, since Apula is only a dutchy, maybe you can use our masses of money to find a guy to form a dutchy.

Final note, if I remember correctly, you are rivals with your brother.  In fact, I had got two events in a row, one for each asking for a duel with the other.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2016, 09:36:29 pm »

I made it to about 1113 before dying of rabies. I'll have a save and the writeup of the rest of my turn tomorrow.

I checked, and wasn't rivaled with my brother anymore. He actually had +100 opinion of me because I pressed his claim.

Digital Hellhound, you have a genius wife, but she's getting old so you might want to do something about that. Apulia's pretty weak, and there's plenty of small Muslims to defeat. Your court physician is fantastic too.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2016, 12:16:46 am »

I made it to about 1113 before dying of rabies. I'll have a save and the writeup of the rest of my turn tomorrow.

Well, that was pretty quick.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20