Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 46818 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2016, 02:21:25 am »

Just a heads up, if I get the save midweek it might take until Friday until I can get started.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2016, 10:28:10 am »

Rabies gives a whopping -7 health, plus I got mistreated for it and I lost a hand.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2016, 10:40:53 am »

Just a heads up, if I get the save midweek it might take until Friday until I can get started.

It's fine.  Just when you get around to it when your turn comes up.

Rabies gives a whopping -7 health, plus I got mistreated for it and I lost a hand.

Ouch.  Just don't forget the death screen and to provide the date of death.  Want to see the former and keeping track of the latter in the OP.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2016, 11:39:57 am »

Digital Hellhound, you're up. Here's the save. Did not have the best turn, but rabies will do that to you. We're about 3 counties larger than before my rule, and we have a start on a hospital in Capua.

July 25, 1113

The dead duke’s hand clutched a small volume. Inside were several poems of varying quality, pages of random gibberish and some form of journal:

July 25, 1107
The war for Spain dragged on for several years. During the war, my eldest son came of age, and I developed a passion for poetry. But we have won the war, and I now have a base to wage war in Spain. In other news, I bade farewell to my excellent Court Chaplain and physician Gentile, as he has left our court to become my liege Pope Urbanus II. I have sent messengers throughout the land, seeking a qualified replacement for him.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

August 25, 1107
War continues to rage between Christian and Muslim. A holy war was declared on the Duke of Apulia, and Pope Urbanus II decided to aid in his defense of Sicily. I took advantage of this to declare a war of my own for the last Muslim owned part of Sicily. All was going well, when I was foiled by a Muslim kingdom in Spain declaring war on the Pope for my county in Spain.

April 19, 1110
They say the rabies I got two years ago has made me into a lunatic. They will see their mistake. Why is a gopher bringing me lunch?

February 28, 1111
I’ve received word my liege Pope Urbanus II is dead, fallen in battle against the Muslims fighting in Spain. He was a good liege while he lived, and a good vassal before that. Four vassals, one of them my brother, are cardinals in the Curia. I know they will choose someone capable to succeed him. I shall avenge his death by continuing to wage war against the Muslims across the Mediterranean. The isolated count of Malta will make a good target.

June 10, 1112
My youngest son and heir died this morning. The doctors told me it was probably something bad he ate. I can’t help but remember when he was 10, telling me about how he wanting to become a monk. I told him no, because one day he would rule the duchy when I was dead. Now, it is I burying him, and my eldest son Alucard who will rule when I die. In the meantime, Alucard will be the one to rule over Malta once we have taken from the Muslim count. He will regret ever attempting to raid Capua. At least my eldest son is competent, unlike that slow homosexual nephew my brother’s heir turned out to be.

May 3, 1113
My incompetent physician decided to remove one of my hands. The idiotic swine will suffer for this. I’ll teach him a lesson, I’ll have him executed, I’ll torture him, I’ll humiliate him, I’ll…. Read terrible poetry to him? Yes, that seems excellent. I’ll have it done at once. My new court physician is a genius from Norway. I hope he’ll be able to undo my predecessor’s incompetence.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2016, 01:50:28 pm »

Took a look at the save to see what the end date was.  Hey Digital, make certain to move the capital to Napoli.  Due to having a built-up barony there, unlike Monte Cassino, if you change the capital and move the Marshal there, the experiment I ran shows you get roughly 600 more soldiers than if you leave it in Capua.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2016, 01:54:03 pm »

Your turn is over, you are dead :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2016, 02:01:11 pm »

Right on. I'll get started tomorrow and see where my glorious rule will take us.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2016, 02:20:03 pm »

My guy died July 25, sorry if my previous post didn't make that clearer. The save starts 3 days after I died because I was on speed 5 when I died.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2016, 02:33:17 pm »

My guy died July 25, sorry if my previous post didn't make that clearer. The save starts 3 days after I died because I was on speed 5 when I died.

Then I'll put in a blank space of three days we can excuse as some measure of confusion happened.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2016, 07:26:18 pm »

How's the turn Digital?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2016, 12:33:35 am »

So far, so good. I started with abysmal negative prestige (???) and piety (for being a bloodsucking abomination against God?), but have recovered with time and warfare. The Kingdom of God steadily grows.  I haven't had a chance to play that much, but will continue today.

And I haven't changed my capital to Napoli, whatever the tortured spirits of my ancestors say. Mwah mwah.

I'm aiming to conquer Sicily for the Throne of St. Peter and doing what I can to open a way towards Transylvania. The Spanish holding is proving to be a major headache, though - there are like three wars for it right now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2016, 03:46:11 pm »

So far, so good. I started with abysmal negative prestige (???) and piety (for being a bloodsucking abomination against God?), but have recovered with time and warfare. The Kingdom of God steadily grows.  I haven't had a chance to play that much, but will continue today.

And I haven't changed my capital to Napoli, whatever the tortured spirits of my ancestors say. Mwah mwah.

I'm aiming to conquer Sicily for the Throne of St. Peter and doing what I can to open a way towards Transylvania. The Spanish holding is proving to be a major headache, though - there are like three wars for it right now.

Uncle form the Dutchy of Amalfi or usurp the Dutchy of Salerno?  Saw he was close to having enough money in the save.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2016, 04:24:20 am »

Uncle form the Dutchy of Amalfi or usurp the Dutchy of Salerno?  Saw he was close to having enough money in the save.

We are the Duke of Salerno - I started off with the title. Amalfi might be a possibility, though he'll have to gain his independence from me before he can do that... which means I really shouldn't have pushed his claim on Taranto, woops.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2016, 06:44:24 am »

Something happened which seemed a natural point to stop at. Here is Part I of the Tales of Alucard II, Duke of Capua!

The young Duke of Capua is a popular fellow, and certainly the most powerful vassal in the realm (the fact he is essentially the only vassal of note in the realm doesn't matter).

His reputation, unfortunately, is in shambles.

Spoiler: I blame Dad (click to show/hide)

This is not a state of affairs His Dukeness is willing to let stand. After weathering quite a few illnesses (the care of Bjorn the Wise, his one-eyed personal doctor, even the gravest illness is over in days) and writing some lovely poetry for the courts of Europe to enjoy, the good Duke sees what he has to do. Wars bring prestige, and he already has a target in mind. The Venetians are an ungodly race obsessed with money, so it seems only appropriate to subject them to the service of His Holiness through his ever-faithful subject, the Duke himself.

Spoiler: Deus Vult? (click to show/hide)

With the help of the Holy Roman Emperor and his armies, Venice is quickly crushed. Alucard II personally leads the Siege of Venice from an armoured gondola and finds this 'war' business quite satisfying.

With the Doge in his pocket, the Duke is free to embark on his other interests. Theology proves to be a surprisingly enjoyable pursuit for the young Duke, and he is soon praised for his piety and learning. His example soon inspires his infidel subjects, who convert en masse with minimal violence required.

Spoiler: Don't mention it (click to show/hide)

The only affliction the great Physician Bjorn the Wise cannot seem to banish is the cancer that strikes the Duke's wife. It will drain her health more and more in the years to come, though the old woman is stubborn enough to live longer than most regardless.

The Duke's uncle, the Lord Mayor of Amalfi, has a claim on the county of Taranto in Apulia. In order to mend the rather rocky relationship between the two, Duke Alucard decides to press the man's claim and grow the realm in the process. The war is unremarkable and an eventual success, though it coincides with an explosion of wars in Hispania for the Duke's holdings in Murcia. The Pope himself beats back every one of these invading armies, which include four Muslim rulers and one very confused mercenary captain seeking to make himself King of Andalusia.

Spoiler: Thanks, Papa (click to show/hide)

The war for Taranto goes without any particular issues and is finished by 1123.

Spoiler: Enjoy, uncle (click to show/hide)

In 1126, the Duke's son and heir, Alucard, comes of age. He proves to be a good, virtuous Christian and an excellent diplomat. His zeal and noble nature is noted far and wide.

Spoiler: Good boy (click to show/hide)

He is promptly made the Count of Malta and is quite happy on his little island, though he is known to dream of sailing down south to kill some infidels for the Lord. He does his father proud.

A year later, Duke Alucard unveils an extensive series of documents and letters proving his claim to the Duchy of Duklja across the Adriatic. Many question his fervor to conquer a piece of land of little value to the Holiest of States, but the good Duke dismisses such complaints while muttering something about 'a gateway to our ancestral homelands', 'the secret to eternal life' and 'the thirst, the thirst'. His courtiers are unnerved enough not to question the man. Duklja falls some years later in a joint invasion with the Venetians.

Dreadful news arrive from the lands of the Muhammetians a while later. Their false leader has proclaimed a renewal of Jihad, and Christians everywhere fear the prospect of heathen warriors descending upon their homelands. The Pope shows particular concern, and begins planning a pre-emptive strike against the Muhammetian threat.

Another series of illnesses afflicts the Capuan court, but the attentions of Court Physician Bjorn prove their worth once more. For this, the Duke is proud to see his friend receive the recognition he deserves with scholars and physicians coming from wide and far to ask for his advice. The only thing he is unable to magic away is the Duchess' cancer, which finally takes her life in 1131.

Spoiler: Miracle worker (click to show/hide)

1132 brings news of the Pope's triumphant plan to counter the heathen threat. A new Crusade is proclaimed for the Holy Land, and all of Christendom is inspired to take up arms. Among the first to join this mighty endeavour is the Duke himself, followed quickly by his son, Count Alucard of Malta. The young Count gains fame by being the very first Crusader to set foot in the Holy Land and leads the fight against the Muslim defenders with such zeal and determination that many support him as the future King of Jerusalem once the war is won.

Spoiler: DEUS VULT (click to show/hide)

It is a glorious war, and the Duke proves his valor and piety time and time again. Both father and son are soon acknowledged as some of Christendom's greatest heroes. The cities of the Holy Land fall to his forces again and again, and not even news of Muslim raiders ransacking his domains and capturing his new wife are enough to put a stop to the Duke's efforts. Many other heroes rise to the occassion also - the Queen of Mecklenburg, the Duke of Burgundy, the King of Croatia all fight alongside the good Duke and forge bonds that will last lifetimes.

And at last, when the enemy admits defeat, it comes time to determine who the spoils of the Crusade should fall to. The Duke speaks at length for the need to grant Jerusalem to someone pious; to someone posssessed of the best virtues of a Christian knight; someone known for their faith and dedication; someone famed for their kindness and giving of alms - and calls upon the gathered lords and crusaders to appoint one such great hero from their ranks.

What he does not expect is for these brave and bloodied warriors to choose himself as that great hero. And so, on 30 April 1136, Duke Alucard II 'the Great' becomes Protector of Jerusalem and Lord of the Holy Land in the name of the Throne of St. Peter and all of Christendom.

Spoiler: Woops. (click to show/hide)

---

I was afraid I'd become independent as King, but we're still the Pope's man. I'm going to give this land to other folks, unless anyone has any suggestions for what to do with it, so we may finally gain other powerful vassals in the realm.

I honestly didn't expect to win the Crusade. I'd been somewhere in the mid-ranks for most of it, just having fun and deusing my vults, and then we hit 100% and, well...

EDIT: I find it funny I did many things (Crusade, give Malta to my heir, write poetry) exactly like the old Duke. No doubt these'll become traditional acts.

Bonus: the successor to the Welsh Adventurer Doge of Ancona.

His successor is a different Indian culture. No, I don't know how this happened, but I love it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:09:28 am by Digital Hellhound »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2016, 08:42:43 am »

Glad to hear I didn't screw you over. It is pretty funny how much you're following in my footsteps, complete with randomly taking territory elsewhere in the Mediterranean basin.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20