Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 46816 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2016, 10:31:43 am »

I did. I gave my brother another county and his heir was his son last I checked.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2016, 10:36:58 am »

I did. I gave my brother another county and his heir was his son last I checked.

Seems to have been considered as part of the republic title rather than something inheritable by 'regular' means.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:38:38 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2016, 03:48:52 pm »

I was under the impression the Amalfi branch of the family was going strong, but in retrospect, should probably have worked harder to make offspring. I was too fond of my only son and didn't want to rob him of his inheritance by the cruel whims of Ultimogeniture, but, well, yeah. Try to survive to make new hairs?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2016, 04:47:07 pm »

I was under the impression the Amalfi branch of the family was going strong, but in retrospect, should probably have worked harder to make offspring. I was too fond of my only son and didn't want to rob him of his inheritance by the cruel whims of Ultimogeniture, but, well, yeah. Try to survive to make new hairs?

Nah, this guy ended up killing it. I took a screenshot of his death but ended up not saving it since I expected to live long enough that one heir dying wouldn't matter.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 04:48:58 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2016, 09:23:37 pm »

Update incoming!

Synopsis: Still alive at age 5.  I stopped playing when Jihad was declared to take our Jerusalem.

The Diary of Prince Pal of Norge, Father to the Duchess Maria II
I note that my darling daughter has more forces than my relatives in Norway, but she is unable to use them to press my claims until her damnable regency is ended.  So, I must ensure her survival until she reaches 16, and pray that she rewards me for my efforts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
First thing we do is remove the Quack that killed Maria's mother.

And we're rid of him.

This vassal is envious, and could prove troublesome in the future, so I ensure he learns from a more content courtier.

Poor girl, this is the last of your family.  And if you should have more than one child, then the Pope shall have many vassals when they inherit.  I, of course, inherit nothing.

Unfortunately, this jealous man, who wants your primary duchy, is your regent.  We will have to fix that, if you are to survive with your lands intact.

And now you are all alone, my child, except for me.  As an illegitimate child, we are both alone with our dynasties.

Your illustrious family tree.

And the counsel wishes for more power.  A perfect opportunity to remove your unfaithful regent!

Well, this is embarrassing, although fortunate.  It appears that I am now the regent.

We need a new Court Physician.  Although I qualify, the previous holder tarnished the name, so I allow a colleague who enjoys reading up on this sort of thing to take the position instead.

The False Regent falls.

Unfortunately, I can not handle all the lands that my daughter is entitled to, so I must make the hard choices of whom to delegate some of them to.  This decisions is easier than most: This rather unassuming young man is the heir to the barony of one of my more stubborn Lord Mayors.  If I simply make him a Count, my Lord Mayor should encounter some...difficulties...in the future.

Unsuitable accommodations, you say?  I quite agree.  Thank you for reminding me that I forgot to put you in the Oubliette.  I shall see to correcting that shortly.
(same for all the dirty traitors)

Our beloved ruler and Pope is at war, we rush to the defense.

We must remain ever vigilant of contagion.  A disease broke out in one of our provinces!  Thankfully, we no longer inhabit Italy, God be Praised!

We get a new Pope and Liege, and he wants direct control of one of my daughter's Counts.  He also recently passed the Title Revocation Law.  I feel it best to give in to his demand, as I don't want His Holiness to feel the need to otherwise act against our wishes (he is also my daughter's heir).   The counsel agrees.

I tried to avoid this, I really had, but it appears that I must become caretaker of not only my daughter's realm, but her health as well.  May God give me strength!

A Jihad is called against us.  I must see to the defense of my daughter's realm.  She needs the massive levies that come with defense of the Holy Land upon her majority.

Have a map of our lands, of which I have not dared to expand.

...Sorry about the picture sizes.  Not only do I not know which size is best (readable versus too big), but it takes soooo long to upload them I'm leary of having to do them allll over again.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2016, 10:43:06 am »

Pictures could be cropped down to the most relevant information, but don't have to in my opinion.   Hey, if you wind up running out of time, you could keep a save for the end of the regency, and have the regency considered as your turn.  I'd say to keep playing after that point, but keep a save there as an emergency measure.  Never know what might come up.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2016, 05:10:02 pm »

The Continuing Adventures of Prince Pal of Norge (and Duchess Maria II also, I guess)

It turns out that the Forces of Satan are leading this Jihad!
Fortunately, the Forces of Satan hold little land in relation to the Muslim religions.

We get assistance from the Evil Duke, how odd.  Maybe he is hoping to atone for all that EVIL?

While the Holy Land is being invaded by the forces of Hell, Jerusalem prospers!  God must surely be with us!

I decide Maria II must be Conscientious of her role as the last surviving member of her dynasty.

The Abomination of Hum dares to make demands of my daughter's realm.  He shall pay dearly.

We fight off several amphibious assaults from the rebel forces.  They don't survive.

I encourage my daughter to exercise about all else.  Please don't die my darling!

Our faithful servant Count Vitorri has passed.  Now I need to give his lands to a new faithful servant...

While I loved Maria's mother, and I loved the Queen of Byzantium, time goes forward.  The sitting Queen of Scotland would do nicely as a bride.  Plus, she is willing to let our children bear my name!
Not to worry: I am betrothed to marry the young queen after Maria reaches her majority.  Maybe after I reclaim Norge?

Once again, I encourage Maria to get plenty of exercise.  Please don't die Maria!

Young Maria may hate the baron, but she has learned a valuable lesson.  Maria will make a fine ruler.

Didn't I just crush the "dangerous factions"?  Sigh, I miss Norway...

A fine candidate for a County.  If a bit...unusual.

The forces of Satan falter!  Jerusalem is safe!

I wish for my daughter to be able to hold more land as an adult than she was able to hold as a child, so I enroll her in classes in Admin.

Twelve and all is well.  The option of my continuing in Maria II's majority I leave to the next player.  However, I would like to see Prince Pal get his throne to Norway (whom honestly is probably who I played as rather than Maria anyways).

I hope these screenshots are better, although I think I will use a larger setting next update.  Hopefully I can find the right balance before handing over the reigns!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2016, 06:30:16 pm »

I bet you'll end up being the most long-lived of the line thanks to those childhood health boosts. I don't see why you wouldn't keep playing as Maria until her death, unless there's time/energy issues and you'd really rather stop at adulthood.

Uh, are you using Conclave? We left it out of the DLC list over some concerns of it breaking saves, but I suppose it's too late to worry about that now. Let's hope any possible damages are at least entertaining.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2016, 07:01:20 pm »

Uh, are you using Conclave? We left it out of the DLC list over some concerns of it breaking saves, but I suppose it's too late to worry about that now. Let's hope any possible damages are at least entertaining.

It's not a matter of breaking saves, it's a matter of 'if you don't have the DLC, the game won't let you load the save.'  The other DLC will let you load it up with or without, but not that one...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2016, 07:25:31 pm »

Well that's going to be a problem. I don't have Conclave. I could get it if need be.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:19:18 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2016, 03:17:12 pm »

Could everyone post whether or not they have Conclave, so I have an idea how much a problem we're talking about?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2016, 03:54:10 pm »

I have Conclave (but not Reaper's Due, though I don't think that breaks any saves).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2016, 03:58:35 pm »

Could everyone post whether or not they have Conclave, so I have an idea how much a problem we're talking about?

I can recall at least two near-vanilla players (I'll have to check the list again, but I seem to recall one being the next person on the list...) and a few saying they don't, so it is a bit of a problem.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2016, 04:35:04 pm »

I can recall at least two near-vanilla players (I'll have to check the list again, but I seem to recall one being the next person on the list...) and a few saying they don't, so it is a bit of a problem.

Yes, I noted Kot, but that was some time ago.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2016, 06:37:52 pm »

Officially I am vanilla.
Note the word officially.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20