Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 46800 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2016, 02:58:38 pm »

You'll be one of the deciders of the final fate, since, by my estimates, your turn might enter into the last 100 years.  Admittely, if Euchre used conclave and screwed that up, Furturka and Red King will sadly have to be skipped as they don't have it (unless they pick it up between now and then).  Maybe Kot as well if his...unofficial...version doesn't have it.
What's the point of having one if I did not have it? :v
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2016, 03:01:06 pm »

You'll be one of the deciders of the final fate, since, by my estimates, your turn might enter into the last 100 years.  Admittely, if Euchre used conclave and screwed that up, Furturka and Red King will sadly have to be skipped as they don't have it (unless they pick it up between now and then).  Maybe Kot as well if his...unofficial...version doesn't have it.
What's the point of having one if I did not have it? :v

Didn't want to assume you had and actually didn't have it.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2016, 04:28:48 pm »

You are dead, your turn is over I jest, this is a fair point, and your efforts to keep the game moving are appreciated.

I want to see how badly I can fuck everything up that y'all do. :P

Edit: Though you don't have it either so if Euchre actually did screw that up (I know you can select childhood focus without Conclave if you are playing as the child, so it's kinda up in the air if he did or not)...

Edit2: Forgot Persus13 and A Thing on that list, though he is only a concern if we go through the list without reaching the end date and start from the top.

Oh, I totally screwed up and used Conclave.

Furturka and Red King don't have to be skipped.  I'll reach out to them about the issue.

Ugh, I hate to drop the save on someone else who expected a whole new character, but I would appreciate not having to finish Maria's turn.  Since you're so nosy, maybe Zanzetkuken The Great could be The Maria?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that others have put in much longer turns, so I have no right to balk out.  Time has been an issue, but I'll see what I can do.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2016, 04:45:52 pm »

You are dead, your turn is over I jest, this is a fair point, and your efforts to keep the game moving are appreciated.

I want to see how badly I can fuck everything up that y'all do. :P

Edit: Though you don't have it either so if Euchre actually did screw that up (I know you can select childhood focus without Conclave if you are playing as the child, so it's kinda up in the air if he did or not)...

Edit2: Forgot Persus13 and A Thing on that list, though he is only a concern if we go through the list without reaching the end date and start from the top.

Oh, I totally screwed up and used Conclave.

Furturka and Red King don't have to be skipped.  I'll reach out to them about the issue.

Ugh, I hate to drop the save on someone else who expected a whole new character, but I would appreciate not having to finish Maria's turn.  Since you're so nosy, maybe Zanzetkuken The Great could be The Maria?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that others have put in much longer turns, so I have no right to balk out.  Time has been an issue, but I'll see what I can do.

If you want out, you have two options you can use.  Pass on the save as is, with you having been a regent, or reset to the start and do a blitz without conclave, pass it on when the regency is over to pass it on then.  I would prefer the latter greatly, as I did specify we were not using conclave in the OP (thing's $15 right now, for reference).  While that could technically give me justification to revert and skip, I recognize you had made a mistake when you did so, rather than it being out of any form of malice.  Still, that could technically be a third/fourth option...

Alternatively, option 5: we run two parallel, one with conclave from here on out and one without conclave.  See the fate in two different timelines, and if one starts lagging behind, we can get updates from the other.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:48:07 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2016, 07:33:00 pm »

The last option would definitely be interesting, if a little more difficult to implement.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2016, 09:05:51 pm »

The last option would definitely be interesting, if a little more difficult to implement.

Wouldn't really be that hard.  Got a pretty simple way actually.  You know what, let's try it.  Euchre, keep working through the reign of Maria v.1.  I'll set up the secondary timeline, having the first two of it be Furturka and RedKing, since they otherwise would have been accidentally denied a turn.

Just need a in-universe reason for the difference...hey, Maria's father rapidly replaced the old regent within Euchre's turn, right?  Stated reason was 'due to political machinations,' right?  Could have it justified as the council offered him a deal to become regent if he gave them more power.  In one universe, he accepted and the developing insanity of Maria led to that becoming the status quo.  In another, that deal was denied and the council didn't come to power, or the situation was dismantled when the other Maria came of age, preventing it from becoming the status quo.

There, justified.  Now to work on the OP...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I don't think I'll be able to pull off a turn of a while sorry :(. Schoolwork has been getting crazy. Just keep pushing me down the list or remove me until I'm able or something.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I don't think I'll be able to pull off a turn of a while sorry :(. Schoolwork has been getting crazy. Just keep pushing me down the list or remove me until I'm able or something.

I'll send it off to RedKing, then.

Edit: Tell me if things let up and I'll promote you to be the next on the no conclave timeline.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:06:07 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I'll jump into it this evening after dinner.

This should be fun, considering I like to play based on my character traits. Obviously, won't be that bad during the regency, but once Maria gets all grown up, it's going to be derpy. Doubly so if she gets something like Wroth or Zealous (or God help us all, Lunatic) on top of Slow.

EDIT: I don't have Reaper's Due, is that going to be an issue? Since I won't have things like Court Physicians...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:59:57 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

It shouldn't be a problem. You'll just not have one, I think.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Quote from: RedKing
EDIT: I don't have Reaper's Due, is that going to be an issue? Since I won't have things like Court Physicians...

Only DLC that truly matters is Conclave, due to it locking away access to the save to people that don't have it.  None of the other DLC do this, so any combination may be used without issue.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Here's the synopsis so far (after 5 years):

Our first need, replenish the council:

Marshal: Rosso of Nablus and Emmanuele, Count of Murcia are our preminent military minds but are far too valuable on the
battlefield. Mayor Berto of Gaeta is less important, due to his advanced age.

Spymaster: Demetrio, Lord Mayor of Amalfi and Ercole di Rammala are equally skilled, but only Ercole seems driven to
take the post, while Demetrio is more concerned with marriage and siring an heir.

Court Chaplain: Maria's father is a suitable priest, and prosletyzing to the Mohammedeans outside our palace gates will allow him to stay close to his child.

Chaplain sent to convert Ascalon. Marshal sent to train troops in Ascalon. Spymaster sent to scheme in Ascalon. Steward sent to increase tech in Ascalon. Chancellor sent to improve relations in Amalfi.
Spoiler: New council. (click to show/hide)

Troops demobilized from Ragusa and Murcia, House Orsini's retinue relocated to Ascalon.

13 March 1159: City of Tursi founded in Taranto, becomes new county capital.

November 1159: Massive measles epidemic in northern Italy and the Adriatic, smallpox epidemic in southern Germany and eastern/southern France.

Spoiler: Infant matchmaker. (click to show/hide)
2 Feb 1160: Prince Pal asks his infant daughter for help with finding a wife. o_0

Also, the Pope declares embargo war on Venice and its lunatic, cannibal Doge -- a trait no doubt inherited from his Pecheneg mother's people.

Father is betrothed to 12 year-old Princess Sophia Doukas, to ensure that the Byzantines remain friendly. We may hold the Holy Land, but we are surrounded by hostile Mohammedeans, and Byzantium is nearer than Rome.

We decide to delay joining the Holy Father's war effort, as Venice is currently swept with the same measles epidemic as Italy. We will not send our followers into a plague den.

7 July 1160: Our fears prove prescient. While leading an army of the righteous, Pope Eugenius III has fallen ill with measles leading his host through the hills of Bari.

1 Sep 1160: Lord Mayor Demetrio contracts measles.

Oct 1160: A pestilence of typhus has spread from the Sinai into Ascalon.

1 Jan 1161: The Sicilians have joined Venice, and lay siege to Lucera. The Holy Father's host of 10,000 men fights before the gates of Venice. Although we could hope that the war ends soon and that Lucera will hold out and the measles epidemic will sicken the Sicilians, we cannot leave that to chance.

The levies from Orvieto, Capua and Napoli are raised and assemble in Benevento.

Spoiler: New Pope. (click to show/hide)
7 Feb 1161: The Pope, maimed in the battle of Venice and still sickened with measles, dies besieging the Grand City. Cardinal Oreste di Treviso, Bishop of Oderzo, ascends as Pope Anastasius V.

16 Feb 1161: Doge Guglielmo Morosini (the cannibal) dies barely a week later of smallpox.

21 Apr 1161: Battle of Lucera -- We are defeated at great expense, but the Sicilians are weakened enough that they lift the siege of Lucera and cross the straits of Otranto to begin a long trek up the Adriatic to relieve Venice.

25 Jun 1161: Father contracts measles.

30 Jun 1161: Muslim raiders simultaneously land in Taranto and Orvieto.

18 Nov 1161: The raiders are repulsed in Orvieto. The raiders in Taranto fled to their ships as soon as our troops began to march in their direction.

3 Dec 1161: Father has recovered from his illness, and becomes Regent.

5 Mar 1162: A Venetian army is repulsed outside Tramonti.

Mar-May 1162: Our army in southern Italy captures all the Venetian trade ports in our lands. The main city of Venice and its fortress of Pallestrina are in Papal hands, while the great Holy Host continues to lay siege to other parts of the island.

5 May 1162: Tiziano Ziani is elected Doge of Venice, the fourth Doge in less than two years and the third consecutive Doge from the Ziani family. He too, is beset by smallpox. Meanwhile, the typhus scourge has passed from the Holy Land.

Oct 1162: The remnants of the Venetian-Sicilian alliance trouble our lands in southern Italy, and we lack the strength to oppose them in the field. We pray that the Holy Father continues to cow the Venetians in their homeland, to soon force an end to this war.

Dec 1162: Rialto and Jesolo have fallen to the Papal forces. Only the suburb of Lido remains.

11 Mar 1163: Ascoli has fallen to the Venetians.

25 Mar 1163: Doge Tiziano succumbs to smallpox, and Pellegrino Dandolo is elected Doge of Venice. Lido falls about the same time.

13 Jun 1163: Princess Sophia Doukas attains her majority and is married to Prince Pal.

The small Yousiffid Emirate (Oultrejourdain) is engaged in an internecine power struggle, and the rebel sheik's lands border
our own. We have accumulated a great deal of reserves in our treasury, enough to hire and maintain one of the more notable
mercenary bands.

The Company of the Star is hired and dispatched north to maul the rebel's main forces in Galilee. Our forces assemble and
march south to the Negev. We must make haste, lest other Moslem sheiks and emirs flock to their banner.

25 Aug 1163: The Pope joins in the defense of Granada from the Zirids.

25 Nov 1163: Princess Sophia has abandoned her Eastern ways and converted to Catholicism.

Spoiler: Deus Vult! (click to show/hide)
3 Jan 1164: Knights of Calatrava founded.

31 Jan 1164: The Company of the Star crushes the rebel Yousiffid forces at the battle of Wadi Musa. The enemy's will is broken and he surrenders the Negev and Wadi Musa (which we rename Monreal). His northern holding of Beirut is already occupied by our neighbor, Count Girgen of Tyrus, and he soon takes posession of it, completely unlanding the rebel sheik. Monreal is a Zikri stronghold and a potential source of trouble. Father departs for these to spread the Gospel, and we send the Marshal as well to suppress any uprising, at least until popular passions subside.

We have added to our lands, but at great cost. The treasury is nearly empty. In all the furor of war, we failed to note that Venice bowed before the Pope's might and the war is over.

TL;DR:
*Plagues killed the Pope and half a dozen Doges. We managed not to get sick.
*Pope smacked Venice around some.
*We took advantage of a neighboring Muslim rebellion to grab two more provinces in the Kingdom of Jerusalem in a lightning-quick war (~7 months).

We're over our limit by 2 now (Father as Regent isn't nearly as diplomatic as the last guy), so we should divest ourselves of two provinces. But which ones and to whom? Do we spread the love in the Holy Land, or continue to leave Italy behind and focus on consolidating our demesne in the Levant?

Also, we now control 51% of the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Which means, if we can break away from the Pope, we can found a new Kingdom. Or, we can wait around a while and see if the Pope declares himself King-Archbishop of Jerusalem (not sure if the AI will do that or not).

Thoughts? We're not quite 6 years old yet, btw. So I think the Kingdom question can be tabled, because we might need to be out of regency to create the kingdom, and probably to leave the Papacy.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 12:32:41 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

We're over our limit by 2 now (Father as Regent isn't nearly as diplomatic as the last guy), so we should divest ourselves of two provinces. But which ones and to whom? Do we spread the love in the Holy Land, or continue to leave Italy behind and focus on consolidating our demesne in the Levant?

Also, we now control 51% of the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Which means, if we can break away from the Pope, we can found a new Kingdom. Or, we can wait around a while and see if the Pope declares himself King-Archbishop of Jerusalem (not sure if the AI will do that or not).

Thoughts? We're not quite 6 years old yet, btw. So I think the Kingdom question can be tabled, because we might need to be out of regency to create the kingdom, and probably to leave the Papacy.

I think we are going with the iidea we don't secede until we get an insane or cynical ruler, and wish to secede.  Try getting the Pope an empire territory til then.  Easiest might be the Italia empire, since it only composes the upper half of Italy and the HRE was removed from there if I recall correctly...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2016, 10:31:42 am »

Your turn is over, you are dead. :P
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:33:58 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Your turn is over, you are dead. :P

Just speaking from the afterlife to remind of the apparent protocol we are using.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20