Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 46824 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Your turn is over, you are dead. :P

Just speaking from the afterlife to remind of the apparent protocol we are using.

I read that and got Deja Vu.  Considering the parallel universes thing, it is only more confusing.  But loving the idea so far.
Unfortunately, this takes the pressure off me to produce an update.
!!WARNING WARNING Procrastination is imminent WARNING WARNING!!

;D

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Uff da....this is taking quite a while I'm about 33 years in now, thought I'd give an update for now.

When we last left our intrepid heroine, she was about 5 years old, growing up an Italian in the Levant, with a Norwegian father as her regent.

The story continues (as described by her father/regent, Pal).

OOC: Sorry if the tone of the writing seems a bit uneven. Got tired of using the "crazy girl" POV as things went along. Besides, she's Slow, not Lunatic or an Imbecile. I figure she's grown somewhat more mature, even if not particularly someone you'd want to know in person.

So the short of it -- we moved the capital to Jerusalem, added a Duchy title (Murcia), gained some more land in the kingdom of Jerusalem, gave Orvieto to the Papacy, and the Romuvas are a legit religion now. Catholicism is riding high, even with an Antipope going on. We have a male heir, who is secretly a bastard and is currently an infant. Hoping to get an event soon to kick Baron Hotpants to the curb so we don't get a gavelkind meltdown.

So here's the thing -- we're chafing at not being able to form a Kingdom, and I don't think the AI will allow the Pope to create a new kingdom or empire title. We've got like eight Ducal titles, and we have a lot of malus on vassal relations, and we need to get those relations positive so we can change out of gavelkind at some point.

There's a papal schism, and we actually like the Antipope better. And, we actually have the military strength to go toe-to-toe with the Papacy, especially since he won't be able to drag the Holy Orders into it. If we declared Independence and won, we could immediately form the Kingdom of Jerusalem and probably are entrenched enough to survive, at least for now. Not so sure about the next Jihad. Oh, and did I mention we have a non-aggression pact with the HRE? Might be able to upgrade that to an alliance, in which case we could absolutely beat the Pope.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 12:54:23 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

1 Jan 1168: Latium is now considered a de facto part of the Papal Estates, rather than part of Italy.

Sounds like Aquitane's pretty much disappeared, then, and the Italian Republics have converted over, as well.

Mind placing an image as to the extent of the land the Papacy owns?  It'll at least give context for the direction things are growing.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

1 Jan 1168: Latium is now considered a de facto part of the Papal Estates, rather than part of Italy.

Sounds like Aquitane's pretty much disappeared, then, and the Italian Republics have converted over, as well.

Mind placing an image as to the extent of the land the Papacy owns?  It'll at least give context for the direction things are growing.

We lost Ragusa to an inheritance out of realm in 1178 -- last Dukljanin heir was a female, and she had married the Russian King. Her son, High Chief of Yaroslavl, inherited Ragusa.

As to the state of the world in other quarters:

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Thank you for that.  Curious, what ridiculous level of money are we making right now?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Currently, 14.55 gold a month (173.14 a year).
Jerusalem is our best moneymaker.

Might make a bit more if I let go of Tyrus and another province, because we're 2 over the demesne limit. Oh, and Capua is recovering from a raid so we're not quite at peak production.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Still working on the next update, but I just had to post this.

The Lithuanians have declared a great holy way on Orthodox Rus (which would be potentially deadly to the relatively tiny Russian kingdom, were it not for the Byzantines getting involved). But while I was scrolling around that part of the map, I stumbled across this guy:

Spoiler: The Khaganate of WHO? (click to show/hide)
I think this may be the first time I've seen the AI create its own kingdom title. And since the guy is Nomadic, instead of being named after the primary duchy, it's just the surname.

I actually hope this persists. I would love reading the alt-history that could result....

Their territory includes most of Cumania and a small portion of Crimea.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

So, it's been ten days.  Either of the players have an update for us?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Sorry guys, work has been brutal lately. Plus, playing a character from age 0 leads to loooooong turns. I promise I will try to get this finished and passed on by end of Sunday.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Conclave and Nonconclave Timeline)
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2016, 08:08:15 pm »

Hope to see at least an update from both of you this weekend.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Conclave and Nonconclave Timeline)
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2016, 09:36:58 am »

Hey guys, how's alternate history playing out?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2016, 08:43:22 pm »

With how long they've taken, I'm calling it.  I do not care who gets through it, just someone get through the fucking turn!  And try to make sure Conclave is kept off for Futurka if possible...

Hell, you can even call it an end at the end of the Regency if you want!  Just get us moving again!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Someone get us moving again!)
« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2016, 11:42:02 pm »

Listen to the ghost of ancestors past, man!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Someone get us moving again!)
« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2016, 12:32:38 am »

Well, I played for a bit, but Maria remains alive despite my best efforts.  I'll keep trying!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20