Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 46829 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Someone get us moving again!)
« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2016, 04:59:12 pm »

I think I'll actually continue. I was playing at the lowest speed and got through it in a few hours. I need to make my mark, and not have to try to RP someone mad.

The heir is only a few years from 16 anyway...

Try to get both Primogeniture and build up the size of the family.  Given the length of Child Ruler reigns seems to drive the turns to be way too long, we really don't want this to happen again.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2016, 06:25:46 pm »

The Chronicles of the Mad Duchess Maria of Ascalon

A critical discovery was made today when historians uncovered the diaries of Maria Orsini, better known as "The Mad Duchess of Ascalon".

The diaries chronicle the final years of her life, shortly before she is believed to have commissioned a large building project. The building project has been the subject of much discussion over the years, and historians are eager to discover exactly what it was. They were kind enough to release some excerpts from their studies so far:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"It came to my attention this morning that Gregorio is not paying attention to his lessons. His tutors felt that a more focused curriculum would help the lad, and I decided that since he's a little bit slow, like his dear old mama, the Lord should guide his future.

At least this will keep him out of the way, poor boy..."

"I was also forced to indicate to my generals that the current siege in Maan will be of minimal use to our liege in ejecting the heathens from the holy land, considering Maan isn't even a part of the kingdom of Jerusalem! I suggested they would be better served aiding our allies in Tiberias, and they agreed.

The Muslims don't know what's coming. Their god Alan won't save them now..."

"Spymaster Costanzo informed me of two separate plots to kill my cousin Alvise. The man is quite literally a diseased lazy fucker, but that doesn't mean I will stand for this nonsense in my domain! I asked the two ring leaders to stop, and they made like good little pixies and stopped."

"Chaplain Innocenzo is getting on my nerves. He simply refuses to provide me with enough holy water to allow me to speak directly to god, so I shipped him off to Rome. Maybe he'll be able to convince Il Papa I'm more than just a woman. I also appointed Damiano chancellor, in the hopes he leaves the faction demanding more power for my council. They need more power the same way I need the goblins that live in my privvy: not so much!"

"There were reports from Jerusalem of carpenters banding together in guilds. This made it harder to tax them, and clearly they were merely trying to hoard the gold because it loves me, so I outlawed them. I do like the sweet, rasping nothings the coins whisper when I rub them against my face...

I was then informed of a herald who wanted some money to come work for me. Doesn't he know there's a war on!? I sent him packing, we don't need his type round here."

"Innocenzo keeled over, the useless bastard. Something about the stress, apparently. Well, the meek shall inherit the Earth, so sayeth the Lord, so I appointed Corrado to replace him. He goes straight to Rome; I want to know what that Innocenzo was saying about me to Il Papa. I think it's time for me to petition him for a spot on his council. He knows I'm good enough, he just won't appoint me because I'm a woman!"

"I was right! The bloody coward won't appoint me to the council because I lack the male appendage! If he wasn't god's voice on Earth, I would kill him!"

"The army was successful in Tiberias, though our allies had run off by that point. I encouraged the generals to besiege the Muslim stronghold of Sur, before hearing of incursions by the survivors of Tiberias. I split the army, and sent them forth!"

"Steward Vitale collected a tithe from the people today. A welcome addition to the war chest."

"The war for Jerusalem goes well, my armies winning battles I can't even remember them starting. Such good boys!"

"My boy Gregorio wrote me a song telling me I'm the best person ever. It went like this: "Mama is best/Mama is best/somethingsomethingsomething" I stopped listening after a while. Anyway, I told the boy all about the fairies that make the sky blue just to make him stop, and the way his face lit up, well, it was exactly like when I saw the grubbin in the courtyard that one day. I think boy idolises me!"

"Count Emmanuelle told me about Spymaster Costanzo's efforts to spread heresy in my lands! That would explain the late night meetings he always goes off to! I'll leave him out of prison for now, maybe he'll slip up and I'll find out if he's working with the gremlins..."

"A musician and his wife visited today. The songs they sang, the stories they told... goodness me they made so much SENSE! It made me realise that the gold doesn't love me for ME, the gold loves me for my POWER. I need to think on this some more... maybe the gold just needs to see other people?"

"Of course, that's it! The best way to make the gold go away and make other people happy is to BUILD A TOWER ALL THE WAY TO HEAVEN! It's absolute GENIUS! Everyone will agree that it's the best thing ever."

"A mason is found to build the tower. A gentleman called Teodoro. Such a nice man, he agrees the tower will allow me to be with the Lord soon. He smirked a little as he said so, I'm sure it was just because he was so pleased for me!

We went into debt a little bit by importing the stone to build the tower, but it's okay because I'll be talking to god about it soon <3"

"My heir, Ennio, is getting to that age. His tutors think that he needs a little bit more focus on his studies before becoming a man. He's such a boisterous young man, I'm sure a career in the military will do him good. That way he'll be able to protect me from people like Marshal Mansur, who I think keeps trying to put an arrow in my back!"

"Oh my goodness, some of the peasants working on my tower today were killed by a block that fell on them! I had to spend a bit more money that I don't have - being a ruler is such a wonderful thing, I can create money from nothing! - to ensure their families have little bits of gold to love them in their husband's and father's stead, but I'm sure when I speak to god things will get worked out just fine."

"The leader of the mercenaries I had hired to fight in the holy land met with me today. He said if I couldn't provide him with actual money instead of the vague promises I kept making, his men would leave. I told him that vague promises would net him at least a castle in the Land of Nod, but he proceeded to leave anyway! What a stupid man.

I suppose it's better than him taking up arms in the name of Alan. Either way, it didn't matter. The rest of the army is doing a fine job without those mercenaries, even netting us a prisoner!"

"Vitale found us some more money, by the grace of god. Surely a gift before I enter Heaven and speak to him directly."

"My cousin Alvise is such a good dancer, but very much a lecherous lout. I flashed him a little cleavage - accidentally, of course - and he took it to mean I wanted to bed him!"

"Oh my, Chaplain Carrado seems to have read my mind and knows I'm building a tower all the way to Heaven! I can't let him reveal my secret to the masses, certainly not before the tower is finished! I told him to meet me at the top of the tower, to show him that it can't reach Heaven at all - even though it can, obviously - and I'll push him from it! Foolproof!"

"Teodoro says he has something important to show me at the top of the tower. He better be quick about it, I'm to see Carrado up there soon!"

Spoiler: Obituary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duke Ennio (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Hector13 got us moving again!)
« Reply #197 on: November 30, 2016, 04:35:50 pm »

Quick summary: lots of kiddies, primogeniture, plus a bonus for having a moron for a brother. All will be revealed when I can be bothered writing up 16 23 years worth of OMG.

Duke Ennio of Ascalon

February, 1191

"Mama was keeping a diary in the final years of her life, before she fell from that tower. Nobody really knows how it happened in the end, whether she went up there and... fell herself, everyone says she was a bit loose in the head. Maybe someone else did it... but maybe it doesn't matter? I'm Duke now, I'm sure I can do this... anyway, I will be keeping a journal like her. Maybe it will help her rest?

My brother Gregorio received some Duchy titles that were rightfully mine. I'm the first-born, I should get everything!

Papa has been appointed regent in my place until I reach 16, and I asked him to put Mansur, our marshal, in charge of my education. Mama thinks he was trying to kill her, but she thought a lot of things that weren't true, so I'm sure he's alright.

Count Ottobono has been appointed Steward, and he is collecting taxes in Ascalone."

March, 1191

"The Crusade for Jerusalem continues, and our armies are victorious against the Muslims in the Battle of Safed. They managed to capture a noble, who holds a position called Shake, I think. He was called Ismat, and ruled Druz."

November, 1191

"I overheard a battle report to the marshal while practicing with the sword. Apparently we were able to decimate a Muslim army with the help of our allies. I hope the Crusade is still going by the time I'm an adult, I would love to fight in the name of the Lord."

"My sister has reached 12, and my father thinks she should focus on stewardship. Given that she prefers her own company and works hard at her studies, I am sure she will make a capable administrator in the future."

March, 1192

"The Muslims at Sur have surrendered after a protracted siege. At this rate the Crusades will be over long before I reach adulthood. I never get to do anything fun!"

July, 1192

"The Muslims attacked with fewer men into an area in which we had the advantage. A predictable failure. The Muslims were soundly defeated, and we captured two more nobles. Bey Alp was a sickly man, evidently drawn to the fore because other leaders were too cowardly to lead their men. This cowardice was evidenced further by the second prisoner, a cripple mayor from Adinapur. These men were doomed to fail, of course, but they fought in the name of their god. I suppose I can't fault them for that..."

"Father decided to ransom the Muslim nobles we had captured. The Crusade is coming to an end, he said, so we should be looking to profit from their failure. I'm not sure that's the attitude to take into a Crusade, but the realm will surely prosper, anyway."

October, 1192

"Pope Benedictus X died, and the cardinals voted to replace him with Hadrianus IV. Long live the Pope!"

December, 1192

"I was told by Papa today that he thought I was very stubborn. Once I reach a decision on something, there's no changing my mind!"

"Papa said that some advancements have been made in economics recently. He said that castle infrastructure will be so much easier to deal with."

January, 1193

"I don't know what to think. I found out today that Papa has been stealing from the realm, like a common thief. He's meant to be keeping the realm safe for me, not profiting from my mother's death!"

"I went for a walk so I wouldn't have to be so angry inside the castle, when I saw the most beautiful girl in the world. Maybe she could help calm me down..? We cuddled a little in the barn. I rather enjoyed the warmth of her body... perhaps I should do this more often?" ((don't rightly know how to express it better than that, we became lustful :))))

June, 1193

"Bishop Barnaba has been raised to the College of Cardinals. By all accounts, this is a ridiculous appointment. The man should be in prison for his habits, not an elector for the highest office on Earth!"

September, 1193

"The Crusade continues. Kir-Haseset has fallen to our armies.

Papa is also still stealing from the realm. I don't understand what he thinks he's doing, or why he even thinks he can get away with such treasonous behaviour!"

March, 1194

"I don't even know how a man such as he managed to have such a well-rounded child like me.

Spymaster Costanzo caught him plotting to kill some woman in Byzantium, and in response my father tried to kill Costanzo! The man seems almost as mad as my mother! God rest her soul."

April, 1194

"Finally the day has come! I am a man, and now my father can no longer threaten the realm. I am sure his removal from this powerful position will temper his dishonour.

Mansur's efforts to teach me all he knows about martial ability have paid off, and I feel I am brilliant in this area. I would be, of course.

I also think it is time to focus on starting a family... I reach out to the count of Oviedo to marry his daughter. My prestige will lessen as I'm apparently marrying below my station, but it is said that anything she touches turns to gold. I would love to see our son grow up to be a glorious leader..."

((became brilliant strategist, and arbitrary :|))

"I never thought this day would come so soon. I am fighting for our Lord in the holy land! I am a Crusader!"

May, 1194

"The Crusade is successful! The Pope decided that Duke Bela II of Nyitra should be granted the lands in the Kingdom of Jerusalem. I find myself proud that we achieved this, and profoundly jealous that I was not granted the land..."

December 1194

"I AM FURIOUS WITH FATHER! He had my Spymaster murdered! Stealing from the realm is one thing, killing a servant of it is another thing entirely!

I have him arrested, and thrown in a dungeon. Then put under house arrest instead. He is my father, after all..."

June, 1195

"Teresa is pregnant. I am not sure if I am the father..."

July, 1195

"I'm just being ridiculous. Of course I'm the father."

January 1196

"My son and heir, Fiorello Orsini, is born. I am so happy this day has come!"

May, 1196

"i have been feeling so awful for days now I dont know how long i can take this"

April, 1197

"I have been feeling much better recently. I hope that means this year long illness has passed me by."

June, 1197

"Steward Ottobono was killed while collecting taxes from the rabble. What an idiot."

November, 1197

"I decided to hold a feast, during which Bishop Corrado insulted my hospitality!

I won't have him killed because the rest of the feast went off without a problem."

January, 1198

"My new steward wants to build a monument in my honour. All he needs is the money.

I grant it to him, because everybody needs to know how great I am, and I'm sure he's the man to let them know!"

April, 1198

"I lay the groundwork to an alliance with the Holy Roman Empire by having my sister marry the Emperor's bastard Landolf. All the children will have her name, too."

May, 1198

"Barely more than a week after they're married, and the Kaiser requests I join him in his war against rebels. He works quick, doesn't he? I'll just say I agree to this, no need to send over any of my men."

September, 1198

"It's my brother's birthday today. I think we'll celebrate by declaring war on Hadrianus for my brother's lands. That'll teach the cretin for stealing my titles when mama died! Kaiser Gunzelin has promised he will provide us aid. I'm certain he will come through with that, despite me not lifting a finger to help him defend his land."

"We win a few battles, take a few prisoners, the Pope takes a few castles; too close to call so far."

January, 1199

"Steward Ezzelino revealed the statue he had commissioned in my honour. Everybody thought it looked great. He did a good job. What's more, a famous writer decided to chronicle my family history. I gave him some money to do so. My family may have their issues, but everybody deserves to know how great we've been to them."

January 1200

"My wife gave us the best start possible to the new century by saying we'll be bringing new life into the world before the end of the year. Excellent!"

August, 1200

"My second son, was born today. I'm sure he'll get along fine with his older brother. I'm so proud!

I named him after my father, Gregorio. He will set a new standard for the name, instead of being the thieving murdering bastard that is my father."

November, 1200

"That bastard Landolfo gave up the ghost and died on us. Our alliance with the Kaiser is broken.

Just what I need, to find another husband for my stupid sister in the middle of a war!"

December, 1200

"I marry her to the King of Abyssinia, and ally with him. I have reservations because he's a Miaphysite, but his armies could make the difference between victory and defeat in my war against the Pope."

February, 1201

"The Duke of Siciliy declared war on me today! What a fool."
April, 1201

"The war is not going my way. The Pope produced a massive army on the shore of my land in Ascalone, and proceeded to decimate my largest army. I had no choice but to offer him a White Peace. To save him the embarassment, of course.

The Duke of Sicily realised that continuing the war for a single county would not be a good idea, and called his armies back."

July, 1201

"Some jealous fool has been slandering me, and my liege believes it! He could decide to arrest me based on this![/i]"

December, 1201

"My heathen sister is trying to have me killed! She's lucky nobody in my court would listen to a heathen like her, else I'd have to do something about it!"

January, 1202

"My heir Fiorello is old enough to focus on certain aspects of his character. I suggested his tutor concentrate on the service he can provide the realm, as I think he is very good with people. I'll make a leader out of him yet!"

May, 1203

"Teresa is pregnant again. Goodness, we're building quite the litter here!"

November, 1203

"Pope Hadrianus IV died, and you'll never guess who the bloody cardinals elected to be the next Pope. Go on, have a guess.

That's right, they named Barnaba, that lecherous oaf, the next Pontiff! Not only do they have no morals, now I have to replace my Court Chaplain!"

December, 1203

"Evidently Pope Alexander's elevation to the highest office has done nothing to temper his proclivities. Everyone knows he's immoral, nobody's going to do anything about it though..."

"In better news, my third son Sergio was born today. I could start my own army, soon."

January, 1204

"Ever since Sergio was born, I've been feeling so close to Teresa. I think I may be falling in love with her <3"

July, 1204

"We're going to have another baby!"

October, 1204

"Barna... I mean, Pope Alexander took his sweet time. He offered me the position of Marshal today. I accepted it, as I'm only the best person in the realm who can do the job."

February, 1205

"Teresa gave birth to another boy today. I'm beginning to get a little tired of all the boys we're having... I named him Ennio, after myself. With what I have planned, he's so unlikely to get any power that it's only right he gets a good strong name as a consolation."

September, 1205

"Teresa's pregnant again. I can barely keep up with the other four, what am I going to do with a fifth one?"

April, 1206

"I... I have a daughter, but Teresa died during childbirth. I don't know what to do... I feel so lost without my wife. I think the best thing to do will be to move on quickly... I need to make sure the boys have women in their lives too."

"I am betrothed to Aline. I need the void filled in my life. She is young, so she will provide me with more children, maybe the cacophony of screaming babies will keep my mind off losing my wife.

The boys, though. I searched far and wide, and managed to find four girls that are smarter than the Lord is good. I am hopeful these little geniuses will provide enough stimulation for them that they'll be unable to think about the loss of their mother..."

Lots of stuff, apologies. I did leave some stuff out too :o

Will finish the rest tomorrow.

September, 1206

"Gregorio must be tutored in his duty to the realm. His brother will need him at his side when he rules our lands."

November, 1206

"I am still reeling from the loss of Teresa, and I fear for the boys if something were to happen to me. The best use of my tactical mind is from behind the front line. Far, far behind."

February, 1207

"Aline and I are married, to little fanfare. Well, she's no Teresa, is she?

Advancements are made in military organisation - a good thing, since it makes my job as commander easier - and people think the ruling class is more majestic. How could they not know this already?

Given my new found resolve for leading the army as a whole, I have decided to focus more on War than my Family. They need me, but I have a responsibility to the soldiers under my command to give them my best, so that's what they will receive."

August, 1207

"Aline is pregnant. Evidently my fertility has not dropped since Teresa's death..."

January, 1208

"Fiorello is becoming a man now, and I urged his tutors to give him a diplomatic education. I plan to give him a larger realm to rule over than I had from mama. Given his new education, I thought it would do well if I introduced him to court. Long, boring days were sure to build character.

I receive a few offers to tutor the boy in areas that he is weak, in return for a favour. I accepted.

Fiorello did manage to grossly insult Bishop Ascanio, but he managed to really impress Mayor Marsiglio. Perhaps he was just put off by Ascanio's rumoured habits?"

March, 1207

"Teresa Aline provided me with another boy. At least Fiorello won't be short of well-trained advisors when he inherits."

"Sergio needs to learn more etiquette to be of use to his brother, and Ennio needs to be more like his father. I suggest to his tutors they merely watch over him to keep him safe. Learning on his own will do the boy good.

I also taught Fiorello the virtue of patience... at the cost of my own, the little brat."

June, 1211

"Apparently a new Khan seems to think he can unite his scattered people and rule the world. Good luck with that, horse-lover!"

October, 1211

"My mentor and marshal, Mansur, has died. I replace him with the man that taught Fiorello the ways of war, Mayor Callisto, who requests money to perform experiments with exotic weapons.

The man nearly died in an explosion from some screaming arrows!"

January, 1212

"Fiorello is a man. He applied himself to his studies, and his tutors think he could be something called a Grey Eminence. I knew my son would make a great heir, I just knew it!

He marries Amalberga, who has developed into a fine woman.

Gregorio is to receive training in the church. He will make a fine spiritual advisor some day. My daughter, Flora, is a prideful young thing. I'm sure her learning from the noblemen in my realm will turn her into a great woman like her mother."

May, 1213

"My idiot brother died today. In battle. The man didn't even know what end to hold a sword from!

He was so stupid, he died unmarried and heirless! All his lands go to me! I even inherited a small retinue he had. This is wonderful news.

Well... I am sorry my brother is dead. Mostly.

The Byzantines also usurp one of my duchy titles. Idiots.

Oh yes, Aline is pregnant again."

March, 1214

"Aline provides me with another mouth to feed baby girl. So proud.

I forgot to tell Costanzo's tutors what I want, so he's out fighting other children. I don't really have a problem with that."

August, 1214

"For the first time since my dearly departed brother reached the age of majority, we are at peace.

I celebrate by enacting Primogeniture succession for my boy Fiorello, as well as giving him the right to rule Acre. The Duchy of Murcia is created to replace the one the Byzantines stole from me."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 12:53:09 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2016, 05:04:41 pm »

Not a great deal happened toward the end, I was mostly building up Ascalon... landed all the sons (that lived) and got a few more counties, but nothing major. There was a failed Crusade, a failed Jihad (that I actually forgot was happening) and the Romuvans reformed. Most of the sons got Crusader. I also hamstrung the council, the only thing they can complain about is war, and you can revoke titles too.

Family line is strong on top of all that, so we shouldn't have to worry about running out of heirs.

Here is the save. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll probably need some help finding somewhere else to put it heh.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2016, 09:01:03 pm »

Not a great deal happened toward the end, I was mostly building up Ascalon... landed all the sons (that lived) and got a few more counties, but nothing major. There was a failed Crusade, a failed Jihad (that I actually forgot was happening) and the Romuvans reformed. Most of the sons got Crusader. I also hamstrung the council, the only thing they can complain about is war, and you can revoke titles too.

Family line is strong on top of all that, so we shouldn't have to worry about running out of heirs.

Here is the save. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll probably need some help finding somewhere else to put it heh.

Holy shit, you got us up to Karling strength in dynasty size from only a few characters.  Bravo.

And wow is the Byzantine Empire getting huge.  Hope the Mongols go after it.

Edit: Curious, why didn't you build a new city/castle/temple holding in Ascalon?

Edit2: Hey, if the Alliance with Abyssinia is reforged, then a pincer attack could be launched to start retaking Egypt, since they are Shia and the other major power isn't, and the 17k of Abyssinia with the 11k of the Orsini would outnumber the Egyptian force's 19k.  Maybe even Mecca and Medina could be taken by the Papacy eventually...with Orsini installed in every position there, of course.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2016, 09:20:42 pm »

I wanted to build up Ascalone first, and I didn't really want to give away any of the other counties for some reason. A money thing too, since I wanted some for building up the first castle and in case I went to war... the last Crusade kinda took a lot of pennies.

In retrospect that was silly, since another castle in Ascalone under our control would've meant more cash from the steward collecting taxes, and if anybody puts their marshal there they get even more troops.

As for the dynasty thing, it was just a bit of meta-gaming really. I got lustful as a teen, married a woman with the Midas-touch, then focused on family and grooming an heir. Pretty heavy fertility boosts there. I also like to have a big dynasty in general, though I was quite surprised to realize that Fiorello had six kids at one point. I also got lucky toward the end when I accidentally married Maria patrilineally to someone who then died, then pressed a claim she had - no idea how she got that - so there are presently 6 Orsini siblings with their own holdings, and I had married 5 of 'em off. Forgot to betrothe the youngest boy... whoops.

I was super sad Costanzo died though. I liked him.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2016, 09:51:45 pm »

I've a busy weekend ahead, but I will pick up the save and play as soon as possible, unless PTTG? wants to hop ahead and do it this weekend, in which case I'll pick it up the turn after.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2016, 10:36:50 pm »

Sadly it is finals here too. In like two weeks I'll have all the time in the world.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2016, 02:50:43 am »

Maria lasted 3 years. I can post a save or continue, before writing up a summary.

I would prefer to post the save... but I can continue.

LOL

Had I known that, I would have finished the turn.  That would have taken...maybe an hour. 
Eh, I'm sure she only died because I turned the save over to you.  My Maria would have lived well into her sixties.

EDIT: I read the play-through.  I'm so proud of you hector13!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2016, 12:53:43 pm »

Abyssinia are the worst allies, by the by.  They have the very player-style approach of agreeing to fight and then buggering off and fighting their own war.  At no point have they ever sent any troops into the campaign.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2016, 02:12:32 pm »

Abyssinia are the worst allies, by the by.  They have the very player-style approach of agreeing to fight and then buggering off and fighting their own war.  At no point have they ever sent any troops into the campaign.

I'm pretty sure they're also still tribal, although they should be able to upgrade their realm in time.  What that means is that their numbers are mostly Light Infantry, which is kinda useful in sieges but means they fold against a real army...like Egypt's for example.  Attrition and lack of interest are what keep the Muslims from absorbing them immediately.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2016, 05:16:13 pm »

What you need is a good old Crusade - for Egypt, if Jerusalem is all ours (?). You can follow in the footsteps of your... grand-something Alucard the Great, Lord of Jerusalem. Why did the Crusades fail, anyway? Where are all the heroic knights who flocked to the banners in my time? Why do the lords of Europe not raise their arms for the glory of Orsini? Er... I mean, the glory of God. Totally God.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2016, 06:28:43 pm »

We would probably have got Jerusalem had I known I could've joined the Crusade independently, despite being the pope's vassal.

I had the highest score in the failed one (for Lithuania) despite having gone there for about six months, then abandoned it to wait for my levies to recover.

I may get round to posting the end of Ennio's life... maybe.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2016, 03:04:00 pm »

The Journal of Duke Fiorello Orsini

Spoiler: 1238-1243 (click to show/hide)

Not once, not even once do those Abyssinian bastards send a single man to assist in five years of God-damned war.  Also, apologies for the delay, forgot how long it takes to do a screenshot LP.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:24:41 pm by Iituem »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Iituem: Part 1)
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2016, 03:28:23 pm »

Not once, not even once do those Abyssinian bastards send a single man to assist in five years of God-damned war.  Also, apologies for the delay, forgot how long it takes to do a screenshot LP.

More glory for us, then.  Curious, once the penalties are passed, will you be moving the capital to Alexandria?  And since they would be the ones to reform the Romuva religion and would be large contributors, how is Lithuania doing?  I remember they were growing to be a pretty decent power, but that was before the Mongols.

Don't worry about the delay, I expect these weeks are busy for a lot of people.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20