Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 46798 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Iituem: Part 1)
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2016, 03:42:04 pm »

I'll try to do a proper state of the world update, but from memory Lithuania is currently dominating north-eastern Europe.  The Balkans are entirely under its dominion, it is a state on par with, say, a unified Italy; potent but not yet France-level.  They do present a credible threat to the HRE, which has maintained stability since game start.  France now rules southern Ireland and is in a good place to extend that dominion to the rest of the isle within 50 years or so.  The Byzantines are still a terrifying behemoth, but being Byzantium they repeatedly get pulled into internal schisms.  I still wouldn't risk trying to reclaim Benevento from them, though.

The Mongols rule the East, in a nutshell.  Everything north of India and west of Kiev is now the ominous blue of the Golden Horde.  Mostly this is because Temujin is still alive.  That Horde isn't breaking up until he dies.  Lithuania has thus far remained apart from his ambitions.

I don't know about moving the capital.  Alexandria would make a fine seat, but we do have reasons to stick in the Holy Land, mostly because it's where we have our largest concentration of owned castles.  If we conquer more of Egypt it might be worthwhile, but I'm willing to hear the advice of my ancestors on whether that would be a wise choice.

Edit:  I'm probably going to spend a few years consolidating while I wait for new opportunities to show up; put down these rebellions and maybe pass a couple of reforms, then work on improving holdings and the prosperity of the realm.  I seem to have made it my mission for Duke Fiorello to try and Habsburg our way into dominion.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:45:43 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2016, 05:23:48 pm »

In which Fiorello might just be going off the deep end.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2016, 07:35:27 pm »

You know, given the sheer amount of power the house wields and still remaining vassals of the Pope despite outnumbering him by a large margin, I wonder if members of the house pretty much get free passage to Heaven?

As for the Customization of places, yeah that was turned into a DLC for anything but County names.

Also, wow Alexandria is really powerful, and it hasn't fully recovered yet.  Probably want to get the castle there and move the barony-level capital there, as that will result in a +50% bonus to both castles, since Fuedal rulers can hold Castle baronies with no penalties.  Plus, it's in a fairly central location for the Empire so response times should be good as well.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2016, 08:42:16 am »

How much is the Orsini prestige so far? Good to see we continue to serve the Holy Father as loyally as always. Truly, we are the Stewards of Gondor the Kingdom of God.

Pity Transylvania remains unconquered. Ah, one day.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 10, 2016, 06:59:41 am »

Orsini House prestige is, at last count, about 751 from having held 10 Baronies, 50-something or 60-something Counties and 42 Duchies over the course of our existence.  Personal prestige is about 4000, personal piety about 1200.  We are presently bringing in 40 ducats a month and have a total levy somewhere around 14k from vassals plus holdings.  Additionally, the truce with the Caliph is about to expire but the Caliph himself is on his deathbed.  The question will be whether to attack whilst he's weak or wait until he dies to potentially provoke a succession crisis; all of his male heirs are children.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2016, 05:01:47 am »

Pretty sure that Muslim realms don't get succession crisis if all the male heirs are children: The most martial child gets all, and the other children are powerless.

However, you should probably still wait till the Caliph dies: Most likely, the Caliph has more martial and stewardship than whomever would inherit, therefore the heir will be able to muster much fewer personal forces.  Additionally, due to the years of service, the Caliph's vassals are probably giving him much more troops than they would give the newly-minted heir.  So the Caliph is likely to get weaker when it changes hands, perhaps even seeing a rebellion of its own.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Iituem: Part 2)
« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2016, 10:33:29 am »

How are things going Iituem?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2016, 02:06:02 pm »

I'm around and available again.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2016, 07:23:02 pm »

Finished my turn yesterday, doing the writeup.  I'll post the save once I'm done.

Edit:  Added part 3, next post for part 4.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:51:30 pm by Iituem »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2016, 09:51:11 pm »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2016, 09:59:24 pm »

The Save is here.  In terms of ongoing business, we're currently engaged in two Holy Wars; they're both effectively 75% done, the armies are crushed and it's just a question of sieging to 100%.  Two lovely new Duchies can be seized that way, and then the Balanids will be in a nice weak position to HW Damascus, if you so choose.

I am so, so sorry about Fiorello II.  He is terrible, so terrible.  The Pope genuinely did screw us over, as thanks to game weirdness he never returned to our court so we could never educate him properly.  Best of luck with him!  Also, uh, best of luck with the Aztecs.  They have 200k troops and counting.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2016, 10:35:02 pm »

The best we can hope for now is for our dear Fiorello to make a couple babies with a genius then die in swift fashion. Hopefully out of his offspring we'll receive a truly great shepherd capable of leading us through these dark times.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:37:13 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2016, 11:31:50 pm »

It is a bit fitting that the Orsini who was to capture Mecca and Medina is one that wished for everyone to know of his greatness.  Granted, he is kinda justified by managing to get things done to achieve such a deed.

The best we can hope for now is for our dear Fiorello to make a couple babies with a genius then die in swift fashion. Hopefully out of his offspring we'll receive a truly great shepherd capable of leading us through these dark times.

There is still time.  Yes he starts in a poor position, but he may still rise to become one of the great leaders of House Orsini in this dark hour.  Who knows?  He may be able to form a network of that connect the Holy Roman Empire, the Byzanztines, Hungary, and us (maybe France and Castille as well) in a Grand Alliance Against the Aztecs that will force the barbarians out.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Iituem: Final)
« Reply #223 on: December 22, 2016, 07:05:33 am »

Hello! Somewhat interested in getting on the turn list, assuming complete newbies with no DLC (although I intend to get Old Gods, Charlegmagne, Legacy of Rome, Way of Life, and Sons of Abraham during the Paradox Interactive sale) are allowed.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Iituem: Final)
« Reply #224 on: December 22, 2016, 10:40:37 am »

Hello! Somewhat interested in getting on the turn list, assuming complete newbies with no DLC (although I intend to get Old Gods, Charlegmagne, Legacy of Rome, Way of Life, and Sons of Abraham during the Paradox Interactive sale) are allowed.

Someone accidentally ran Conclave, so now we are kinda stuck with requiring it.  In fact, it is the only DLC that locks off saves, rest can be turned on or off and still used if we start with Christian Fuedal locations.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20