Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 46804 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (PTTG??: Part 3)
« Reply #240 on: December 24, 2016, 12:12:25 am »

Actually, I can make Glitterhoof my designated regent, and I figure I aught to ask my daughter first, just in case the three-year-old has any useful input. What does she think?

Send her to be raised out of the court, doesn't matter where.  You're character is insane and was raised out of the court.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 12:15:09 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (PTTG??: Part 6)
« Reply #241 on: December 24, 2016, 02:06:24 am »

November 1272:
Little Ermenegilda tells me that she would like to be raised in a foreign court. Who am I to argue with a little girl's whims? In a few years, I'll send her away.

December 1272:
Hmmmm...

Can't even trust your own horse to remain a horse.

May 1273:

In my defence, she said she was a man.

July 1273:
The old crone running the Gavelkind faction just died of old age. My powers know no bounds!

September 1273:

BETRAYERS AND SPIES! BETRAYERS AND SPIES!

November 1273:

Well then.

Late November 1273:
The gavelkind faction has finally come to make their play. My hands are tied; I would attempt to bring vengence to these traitors, but I cannot even trust Glitterhoof; how am I to run a war without my loyal steed?

December 1273:

Oh Glitterhoof, you know I can't stay mad at you! Keep trying, you magnificant creature!

Christmas Day, 1273:

My second daughter was born today. Clearly she is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ himself; there is nothing for it but to name her appropriately.

Of course, her birth means that my empire will be split upon my death. This cannot stand. Either I have a single male child, or I kill and eat one of my daughters.

Of course, there is an obvious moral quandary here; White wine, or red?

28 April 1274:

NOOOOO!!!! GOD HIMSELF WILL ANSWER FOR THIS INJUSTICE!

7 May 1274:

GLITTERHOOF RETURNS!
PRAISE BE TO GOD!
Glitterhoof, thou shalt rule in my stead. And your first duty will be to exile Jesusina from this land; she will have no claim to her sister's realms.

August 1274:
My wife is pregnant again. I'm beginning to suspect that I'm doing something wrong here...

September 1274:
I've inherited a few titles from that old troublemaker I appointed years back. I didn't realize Savin of Mecca was my father. I thought Father was my father. Oh well.

November 1274:

Is his name Garak, by chance?

December 1274:
Garak almost killed me. Nice. I talked him into teaching me and Glitterhoof a few things.

March 1275:
Wife died while producing another girl child. I will send her to be raised by the wolves.

May 1275:
Yes, I've found some nice wolves to care for Bernice. She's been arrested by Glitterhoof II and sent out.

(CRAAAAP I misclicked on execute instead of banish. Uh. I guess that works? I'm never going to get my vassals to like me...)

June 1275:
Ow.

While fighting against the HRE for the Pope, Duke Fiorello II died in the chaos and fog of war.

Good News, Ermenegilda!

Here's the save.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 24, 2016, 02:15:00 am »

I have a horse as my regent?  This is going to go swimmingly.

Edit: I know Furtuka was on the list, but I had asked him whether he had gotten conclave via pm roughly around Ituem's turn, and never got a response.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 02:17:56 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 24, 2016, 04:05:41 am »

I'm not sure how we lost all those claims. I exiled Jesusina specifically to prevent that..

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 24, 2016, 04:18:14 am »

I'm not sure how we lost all those claims. I exiled Jesusina specifically to prevent that..

Exile doesn't remove you from the line of succession.  By the way, did you not have Reaper's Due?  We lost the Alexandria hospital, and I remember that being built up.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 24, 2016, 06:05:25 am »

If you make Glitterhoof designated heir to a Prince-Bishopric (i.e. county-level bishop) and he succeeds it, he'll spawn horse councillors in his court.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 24, 2016, 06:09:50 am »

How did we return to Gavelkind? One of those factions?

I had no idea SI was on, so I did not see those Aztecs coming. Their presence only strenghtens our purpose as the Steward of God, though. Drive them back into the sea that spawned their misbegotten race!

If we ever convert this to EUIV, chasing them back across the sea is a must.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2016, 02:15:29 pm »

How did we return to Gavelkind? One of those factions?

I had no idea SI was on, so I did not see those Aztecs coming. Their presence only strenghtens our purpose as the Steward of God, though. Drive them back into the sea that spawned their misbegotten race!

If we ever convert this to EUIV, chasing them back across the sea is a must.

May be able to remove them in this game.  Black Death's heading their way.  In other news, our capital is under siege by both Measles and the Black Death simultaneously.

On the plus side, the Black Death is really convenient to remove guys you don't want living.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 24, 2016, 02:31:12 pm »

Exile doesn't remove you from the line of succession.  By the way, did you not have Reaper's Due?  We lost the Alexandria hospital, and I remember that being built up.

I don't have Reaper's Due, so it may have happened on my turn. It still had the prosperity thing for Alexandria though, so I'm not sure what would've happened.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 24, 2016, 05:08:14 pm »

We may not be under the control of the Pope for much longer.  I made a Matrilineal Betrothal with one of the Byzantine Emperor's youngest sons, and now everyone ahead of that kid is dead, making him the heir.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 24, 2016, 06:01:20 pm »

God damn if Glitterhoof isn't the best regent.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 27, 2016, 09:16:53 am »

Also, Fiorello I is rolling in his grave!  His son successfully undid every single one of his achievements; he broke absolute rule, he restored gavelkind and he lost half the duchies, including those gained in his father's wars.  In roleplaying terms, you did a fantastic job of playing a weak duke.  :B
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 29, 2016, 09:25:10 pm »

Going to be making a post from the perspective of the Regency council, then put the turn up.  One story I had started writing in order to get out of my head is just exploding in terms of ideas I can use to keep going and I do not have the time to go through a full turn of this as a result.  Hopefully I can get it out, just as soon as I finish this next section of the story's next chapter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 07, 2017, 12:32:15 pm »

The Transcribed Notes of Regent Glitterhoof

Neigh.  Neigh neigh neigh.  Neigh neigh.  Neigh neigh neigh neigh neigh.  NEIGH!  Neigh NEIGH!  Neigh neigh neigh neigh.

I was writing up something long from the perspective of one of the people on the council.  It was taking too long, so Regent Glitterhoof it is.  Short note if you decide to rebel, in order to guarantee our place on the Byzantine throne: the Pope has the crown law that makes it so titles cannot be inherited to nations outside his domain.  As such, if you want the titles, make sure the sister is dead.

Save

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 14, 2017, 10:22:38 pm »

So....Who's next?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20