Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Story Time: Atonement  (Read 838 times)

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Story Time: Atonement
« on: September 01, 2016, 10:44:26 am »

I have been wanting to write a short story for the longest time now, but could never actually find the time between all my dev-oriented jobs, browser games, and text-based RPGs, digital or tabletop. So it is no wonder that it all bunched up in me screaming to be released and shared. I do this for my own reasons, so be warned that my style is rusty, and possibly inadequate, but I will graciously accept any and all corrections, pointers, and criticism.

This is a high fantasy story, oriented towards action and awe.

There is a world, beyond this world. In fact, there are many worlds, but none of them are like ours. There is a world made entirely of fire. There is also a world made entirely of water. There may even be a world completely made out of clay, or light, or even trash. Well, maybe not trash, but if there was, no-one would likely be surprised. For, see, what exists had to come from somewhere, and what exists, it all has to go somewhere at the end of it's cycle. "Our" world lives on the shoulders of these giants-- these proto-worlds. This explanation may seem confusing at first, as it's far more eloquent to simply say 'There are elemental planes, and some planes made of other stuff', but the simple fact is not the truest one, as the relationship our world shares with those ones, is extremely complicated. Why so, one may wonder? Because, that which existed in "not our" world... came to "our" world.

They called it the Night of Broken Stars, when all of humanity could gaze up to the sky, and see the fragments fall loose from the Firmament, crashing down into the vast wildernesses, and a few of them fell into populated cities as well. The devastation was vast, and we had long fought the fires of this event, and we never truly won that fight. The Fire of the Reckonening, as we called it, still continues to burn with it's black and blue flames, devouring forest, desert and stone alike. It did not leave ashes, only emptiness. You see, I am dead. I died fighting that fire. I was swallowed by the emptiness, by the nihil, and that is where the hero "Ameo" ended, a foolish young adult who thought he had all the answers and all the solutions. 'I will go fight the Fire', I thought, 'I will defend my friends.'. Foolish, isn't it? I think that I knew, before-hand, how it would all turn out. I am sure I thought: 'Even so, I have to try.' But did I really? Now that I think about it, I don't think I had to. While I was playing hero, all of those 'friends', packed their things and left... for another place, I guess. I am sure they thought: 'No man can fight Fate itself, only the foolish would do so.' ... I guess I really am an idiot.

Though I said there is where the story of the Hero "Ameo" ended, it is not where "Ameo"-- which is me-- ended. In the Emptiness I reached out to something, and it reached back into me. It pulled me, as if I was suspended by strings and it was the puppet master. I came crashing down into what seemed to be like a tomb, but I am not truly sure what made me think that. It was maybe the atmosphere... I instinctively knew that it was the resting place of something ancient and dangerous. I was also not alone. Four other people were standing next to me in a half circle around a pedestal upon which was mounted a mailed gauntlet, with five rings on each finger. A voice bid us to take one of the rings, and pledge our undying loyalty to our new Liege, "ASVS". But not all of us did exactly as instructed.

Sometimes I wonder about atonement, but immediately afterwards I wonder what is there to atone for? For the thousands of people I have killed in the name of my Liege? For spreading the Fire, and directing it towards populated areas? For playing mercenary because I was bored? For the many assassinations of people I never even cared whether they were good or evil? In the end, does any of that matter when you stop being their kind, and become something else? Something that transcends the human limit? If there exists a shadow in the world, I can immediately go to it. I do not even exist in this world anymore! I exist in the boundary-- the True Shadow-- that separates this world, from the others. Saying I have 'blood on my hands' is the equivalent to saying 'I spilled water on my hands'. It has no meaning. But... if I have a human shape, and a human mind, and a human soul-- does that not make me human? On that day, four of us swore allegiance to ASVS and took the rings, except for one, who took it and fled. I often wonder what he is doing now... was he training properly? Was he sleeping enough? Does he have a girlfriend? Does he pretend to be human... or... is he actually human?

A part of me must always exist in the Prime world, but tonight, I chose that part to be all of me. My steps fall silently on the paved streets, yet the chains around my arms-- a 'gift' from my master-- clatter and whine as if they were opera singers on stage. The moon itself is not the only light, but I have to say, on this particular night-- it seemed to be the brightest. It made the whole vista appear haunted, but even so, a town so far away from the Fire was like paradise, haunted or not.

I grip the empty air at my side, and underneath the fabric of reality I touch the conceptualization of my sword. There is a burst of black miasma as I pull it out from Nothingness itself to meet the sliver of silver aimed at my neck, and approaching at supersonic speeds.

The force of the two blades clashing obliterates the paved street beneath my feet, and the windows of nearby homes explode in spectacular fashion- even the shingles of the nearby roofs fly off, exposing the wooden beams of the structure.

I had known for a while that my mark was here, and aware of me. Farad, the one who took the ring and fled; He lived six years in exile, doing who knows what, and tonight I am to end his life.

Unlike myself, he had only kept the tip of his sword inside the Prime Plane, without a doubt intending to surprise me. Has he never met anyone like himself, I wondered. He was not invisible to me, even though almost nothing of his was in the Prime. But to our kind, we could see both sides-- and the one he was in, it was as if he was an emptiness in a flame-- I could see him, by seeing the emptiness he created.

I had many questions for him, but he was not in the mood to talk. He lunged at me once again, raising his sword high-- his blade flew true with the dexterity of a master swordsman. My own blade reacted as if it possessed a mind of it's own, and solely bent on it's own destruction, imposing itself in the path of the slash in such an unnatural manner, it was as if it was trying to take the blow for me, yet forever cursed with the burden of not being able to die. Eclipse, I called it. And that was no fluff about my unnatural level of swordsmanship, it was the truth. Eclipse itself was my heart, which upon my Ascension, tried to flee into Oblivion, but could not do so. The chains around my arms are the chains that bind Eclipse to this world, to forever live... and to watch. To watch me commit my atrocities. To watch me betray it until the very end. Do not blame yourself, Eclipse, blame the one who wields you. One day, my heart, I hope that you will turn against me... and stop me.

But not today.

As the blades clash, the explosion this time is far larger and more extensive; the heat and shockwave of the encounter peels the paint off of the walls, and the unnatural energies released rust everything made of iron around us in an instant. I push back against Farad, and point my finger at him, unleashing a beam of annihilation in his direction, but he manages to dodge it with ease. As the beam continues unobstructed, it obliterates it's path through the town, leaving behind only ruin, and continues on for several hundred meters, creating a ridge of sorts far into the wilderness, beyond the town itself.

I hear Farad laugh, as he settles opposite of me. "I thought you would be stronger. What have you been doing all this time while I was training?" He asks me, but I refuse to reply. I saw myself in him. That foolish hero Ameo. He too thought he had all the answers, and all the solutions, unaware-- no-- refusing to see the simplest facts. Yet there was a large difference between the dead hero and Farad. I could sense in Farad an evil far greater than mine. All these years... he must've used his powers for his own selfish reasons. Undirected. Unrefined. Just another murderer with no code or ambition. Motivated only by 'Because I can'.

Unsatisfied by my silence, he momentarily increased the distance between us to gain momentum for another attack, and then charged me at incredible speed. When the sound barrier crumbled, the shockwave shook the very ground, as if a lightning bolt struck right next to me. The sound was overpowering to a normal human, but with the nature of such shockwaves: a normal human would be dead before he could hear it. He flew past me, tumbling across the ground, his own screams drowned out by the wave of pressure he created. He was screaming something at me, but I could not hear, as the boom continued to reverberate.

On the ground next to me was his left hand, which I neatly cleaved off of him on his pass. I doubt he could even see me, because, in my eyes, he seemed slower than a snail. Come to think of it, I probably got bored of waiting for him to reach me, and went towards him. How should I put it...? Well, let's just say, that stopping my momentum ruined the rest of the paved road.

"How!?!?" he screamed, once I could finally hear him. "Six years! Six years! That's how long I refined my power. Testing my limits and exceeding them! Every time! I went into the planes and have slain the strongest of Guardians! So HOW!?"

I approached, and while doing so, manipulated the Nothingness to create an artificial weight on his shoulders, and press him down. To be more precise, it was more like I was creating a point of artificial gravity underneath him. Slowly, he crumpled towards the ruined road, silenced by the very real danger of biting his own tongue should he speak. In truth, I could crush him right then and there, but instead chose to lessen the effects of the Devouring Void.

"Six years in this world, is not Six years in the Sanctuary." I told him-- I doubt he knew what a Sanctuary was, but it was an in-between point, between the Planes and the Prime. "I think I spent at least fifty, or maybe sixty years, in training more than you. And even then, I have been active and out of this training for two years in this world. Which means, in total, I am at least seventy years older than you, and possibly up to one hundred. Truthfully, you are so weak, it turns my stomach."

I knelt next to him, and remained silent for a long moment, before I decided to tell him why I was looking forward to seeing him. "I had thought that maybe you could teach me something. You see..." I looked towards the moon, "I had a dream. A fragment... if you will... of another world. A world of freedom. Where I was not owned by ASVS. Where I still had my own heart, inside my chest. Where I was human. Often I thought of you, Farad, and wondered where my fragment of a dream went." I chuckled, "I realized soon, that the reason why life-giving breaths froze... has always been me." I gestured to myself. "Look. Water freezes in my wake. The lights dim. Flames turn black. I thought one such as yourself would understand-- would know how precious it is that which I yearn for-- you who possess the freedom that I lack. I have been mistaken, have I not? This freedom you wasted on six years of proving your supremacy over those who are mortal and weak. And for what? Look at you, Farad. You are a prisoner of your very own corrupted self."

I stood up and sighed, "At least allow me to show you the difference between us. This is only a fraction of what I can actually do." With those words, I released, as I said, a tiny fraction of my power; it spread out like billowing wings of black miasma, pouring outwards and into the air. But what was visible was not all there was to it- the force changed the current of Fate itself, it blew away all reason and expectations. It's effects on the physical world was alike it's effect on the metaphysical. Farad was incinerated instantaneously, and the Town itself ceased to exist. Not even rubble remained- just a gaping hole.

In the end, I was alone again. In this loneliness I had hoped I would find that fragment I was missing again, but this loneliness is just an empty desert of despair. Who was I kidding, I thought as I looked at Eclipse, even my own heart could not stand me anymore. Why would the fragment of a beautiful world stay by my side or guide me? It is only in fairy tales where those who are thirsty manage to find an oasis in a desert. For me, there is only torment and loneliness. If there was something I had to atone for, would I be able to find the peace that I seek? If so, how must it be done? Tell me, Eclipse: When will you end my suffering?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 07:42:59 pm by SaintofWar »

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Story Time: The Red Dawn
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 11:09:03 am »

With the intro out of the way, this should make more sense. The tone of this one is far more dramatical, and philosophical, rather than action and awe.

"In the depths of his torment, I found that which never sleeps and is always in someone else's name.
For he who shall weep at the rains, a red dawn awaits.
A red moon, a red cloud, a red horse with a red mane;
Flowing at his feet, weakly, brightly, weakly, brightly-
Finally, lastly, the flame froze.
The end is the beginning, and the beginning is ending,
But here, where none shall remain,
Only the unwaking dawn glows."

I awaken to the madness of my own thoughts. Another fragment of a dream; perhaps once it may have been sane. Was it supposed to be a story? A poem? A conversation? It reminded me of something my Liege may have told me once. I was, without a doubt, losing my mind. It is only in these moments of wake that I find clarity and meaning in my mental arrangement. Yet, even so, though the feeling of clarity was there, I could not be sure if it's nature only appeared as clarity to me, and that I was still mad, or if I truly still held on to my sanity.

"Do you remember the Red Dawn, Ameo?" I heard the voice, for the first time in my entire existence, and immediately recognized it as the voice of Eclipse, my very own heart.

I think I really lost my sanity, even though the expected cloud of confusion was not present. I decided to ignore the voice-- as if that would magically make everything right. Yeah, ignore the voice in your head, you won't be crazy if you do that.

"There is no point in ignoring me if you acknowledge me." It spoke and paused, "Do you remember?"

I caved, "I don't know what you are talking about." Perhaps if I truly was insane, but not feeling like I was mad, then it was a good kind of insane, and not a bad one. But then again, the difference was only of a triumphant color- insane was still insane, wasn't it?

"Ameo, you confuse the voice in your dreams for something else. You are not insane. That is a memory." It said.

I looked towards Eclipse-- it was not in the physical realm. It never truly was, hence the name, Eclipse. It was the sun hidden behind an object. The light that never reached. The Blade that was Not. A paradox in and of itself. It was a dead thing, that was alive and cursed to never die. A sword that exists, and does not exist simultaneously. Come to think of it, I told Farad he was a prisoner of his own self. And yet here it is, Eclipse, my heart-- literally--, a prisoner of it's own self. Bound to this world by unnatural chains wrapped around my arms. My existence is tied to it's. So long as I live, it shall, and when it dies, I shall- but it cannot die, and so cannot I- it shall never live, for I never did.

"I was thinking about this voice. This one." I pointed at Eclipse.

"You think you are insane because you are talking to me? Your heart? Romanticism aside, have you never heard the phrase 'Listen to your heart'?" A mocking chuckle resonated in my head. But before I could make my displeasure known, it continued: "Have you never thought it strange that a Planar being, of Stellar class, could come to our world, bearing twenty five rings, and despite it's magnificent, omnipotent, and unimaginable power, allow a thief of one of those rings, to escape alive?"

I paused for a long moment at the question. It did seem strange-- how did Farad escape with the ring? "You are talking nonsense, Eclipse. I was there."

"Really? Then tell me, how did he do it?"

"Well, he took it... and left." I replied coolly.

"How? What did he do? What did he wear? What steps did he take?"

"That is a stupid question. I don't remember what he had on him. He just took it and left."

"Did he say anything? Do anything specific? Didn't the others try to stop him?"

"Well, yes, we did try to sto-- actually... wait... did we? I don't... remember." This realization cast me into an unfathomable pit of doubt. We should have tried to stop him. I am sure I, who still thought was the Hero of the story, would have tried to stop him. Death seemed certain-- disobey ASVS and you die, even then, having known my Liege for a mere minute, I knew this was certainty. So why can I not remember trying to stop Farad?

"Do you remember what you wore? Or what you said when you took the ring? And which one were you in order? The first? The second? The last?"

The broken gears in my head turned, trying to find the information; there were no specifics. I just had vague memories-- no, impressions-- of taking one of the rings and swearing my allegiance to ASVS. Like it was something I knew, and experienced-- but it lacked any details. Like a hollow feeling after waking up, knowing you had a dream, but not knowing what it was about.

"Would you look at that, The Shadow of the First, caught at a time when he is not the flawless and perfect Knight-- unable to remember the details of his most important and significant action in his entire miserable existence."

That title, the Shadow of the First-- it meant I was the highest ranking Knight in my Liege's employ. I was free to do whatever I wished; A free agent, so to speak. Never supervised, never questioned, always correct, always perfect. Eclipse's mocking was on point: He ridiculed me knowing fully well the meaning I would take from that. It is not me that is never supervised and never questioned-- I also never supervised, and never questioned anything. If I was the picture of perfection, then it was natural to assume, that the environment that created me and allowed me to be so, must've been as well. Or perhaps I was just too conceited to concern myself with my immediate surroundings, when I had such a great vastness to conquer and reward with my presence. When it finally clicked that something was off, I felt sick- I was a fool.

"Let's end with the pleasantries-- what are you getting at? Was my memory altered?"

"It was. But your Liege did not alter it. It is a side-effect of taking the Ring. You wander the world, delusional, maddened, getting used to it's power-- then you Ascend, and remember."

"Then why can I not remember? I ascended as well, obviously!"

"Because of the other thing that you can't remember, Ameo." It whispered, and the mocking chuckle returned. "Do you remember how you lost me? Poor old Eclipse, the Heart that tried to die, but could not- it's regrets, or whatever, forever chaining it to this poor heartless man."

"Of course I remember. I ascended and then..." My eyes narrowed-- I did not remember my ascension either. It was the same as when I took the ring. The impression was there, but the memory was not. What was going on?

"And then?" Eclipse asked.

"... I had a dream." I said, trying to dredge up the memories, however I could. I was saying whatever came to mind. "It was a dream... of a world of freedom... beauty. Yes! It was a fragment. Of a broken thing. I had that dream, and then I ascended. And you fled!"

Eclipse was silent for a moment; I thought it would mock me again, but it did not. "That dream had a name, Ameo. That name was: Mia."

As I heard the name, I could feel the empty hole in my chest pulse with a phantom pain. It was phantom, yet so real that I fell to my knees, clutching at my chest.

"I did not flee, fool. It is not regret that binds me here, or some stupid curse. It is hatred. Vengeance." The chain links on my arms began to crack and twist. "For a hundred years I watched you pursue your pitiful attempt at 'atonement', and you never even caught a glimpse of what wrong you have done. What we have done."

The chains whine so powerfully, the soundscape of the world simply ceases to exist. I am enveloped in a blackness-- a nothingness deeper than the ashes of the Flames of the Reckoning.

"That thing you call a 'fragment of a world' is a world you destroyed yourself-- and her name was Mia. You are so quick to call others a murderer and abomination-- but we are the real monster here. Remember the Red Dawn, you coward. No one altered your memories. It is only your feeble mind that hides the truth from you. See it. Feel it. Embrace it."

The chains snap, and I become the flame of a black pyre as my Gift flows unrestricted into the ether, so powerful it momentarily melts the gap between the primal plane and my Gift Origin: The plane of Shadow. The blackness envelops me, and I falter into it.

A red sky yawns overhead- with red clouds, and a red moon. Upon a red horse with a red mane, I cross the lands, seeking deliriously for the key that will unlock me. For that which shall bring salvation instead of ruin, to the already ruined world. The Flames of the Reckoning- my objective of elimination; I shall be a martyr. No, I shall be the only martyr. I shall be the one to commit this life towards ending this cataclysm, and I do not do this for myself-- I do this for her: Mia. My love. My heart. My soul. My dream in the flesh, true and alive-- beautiful and wholly deserving of someone better than I, and most importantly, deserving of a peaceful life, not spent in terror. What she saw in me I can only summarize using her own words: "You are the kindest man on this world. Your hands and embrace is warm enough to melt my fears away, and nurture a love I could never describe in words."

She is sat behind me on the horse, half-asleep, her hands wound across my chest, as we advance forwards into the night illuminated by the distant flames that glow red-- even though their color is black-- and more importantly, away from them. What my life would've been without her, I dare not imagine. Before I thought of myself as a hero, I was anything but. A ruffian, scum, trash- I was always ready and willing to provoke those stronger than me, only to crush them, as well as to prove my superiority to those who were weaker. I found joy in breaking that which should never be allowed to fall-- and yet Mia always found ways to mend that which seemed beyond saving. Including myself.

Those years have been hard on me. When the Flames of the Reckoning first appeared, it came from a Broken Star that fell near our Town, and not even a week later, the Flames took away our homes and futures. We trekked day and night, hungry, cold, afraid and lost, to reach our salvation, relentlessly pursued by what seemed like Fate itself. So many of my friends died during this exodus. From disease, fever, lack of desire to live. We thought we finally caught a break when we reached the Ports, and took a ship across the Ocean. Only to learn that the fire burned across water as well. It was chasing us. Relentlessly. As if it was following us. Six months-- that is how long we had before the fires would reach us again.

Six months spent living in slums, with people as unfortunate as us, and just as aggressive. They would come at night, to steal our food, to rape our women, to murder us for their own enjoyment. Sometimes it was the guards, sometimes it was the soldiers-- sometimes it was people from other places-- displaced like we were. I met them several times-- I would fight them back, several times. I would steal their food, several times. It was live or die in this world. But Mia, she never lost her humanity. She would go around, sharing my spoils with the hungry children and unfortunate women. Always shining a bright light of hope into the deepest places. She would stay my hand when I wanted to lash out against the injustice committed against us. She would say: "They are not our enemies. We are our own. Only when your sword stays sheathed, will this cycle eventually end." And I believed her, closing my eyes to the atrocities that never did end.

Mia never wondered about where I found the ring that was on my finger. At that time, I did not wonder about it either. I felt like it was always there, but if someone were to ask me where I got it, I could not tell them specifically. I would probably just claim 'It was always there.' As the six months were about to pass, I could feel a heavy charge in the air. Something was coming, something important, and at the time, I thought it was the Flames of the Reckoning. Even then, we could see them approach from the Ocean, and then more than ever, I wanted to do something about it. I felt like I could, completely oblivious of my previously failed attempt.

That night, I sneaked out of the slums and towards the Pier, sword in hand, ready to battle the Flames. The Legend went that whoever can slice the flames, and endure their heat, can control them and extinguish them. It may have been a foolish rumor that became a myth, but I did not know any better. The flames were a bit over a kilometer away, and as I made my way towards the boats, a figure wrapped in a black cloak waited for me.

As I looked upon her face, I saw that her eyes had been a black emptiness, and her mouth was a conduit of black fire, like the Flames of the Reckoning. She spoke in a haunting voice, and I could not understand the language she spoke-- but in her I recognized a diabolical evil and my sworn enemy-- the Avatar of the Flames of the Reckoning themselves.

We must have battled for hours. When Dawn finally rose, it was red and cloudless. My enemy lay impaled on my sword, through the heart, black bile and blood pouring from her wounds-- and from mine, less lethal wounds, crisp crimson poured- the black and red mixed and pooled at my feet, and a sweet fragrance tickled my nostrils. In the distance, the black flames were frozen, as if suspended in time. I close my eyes to enjoy the strangely familiar scent.

A fleeting warmness envelops my hands, and trickles of water glide along them. As I wondered if it began to rain, I opened my eyes, and found myself in a Nightmare. Only to realize, that I woke from a Nightmare, into a world that was far more twisted. She held my hands, which were clasped around my sword. Her tears fell onto my hands, even though she was smiling so brightly. Rivers of blood flew along the sword, and onto my wrists, all the way down to my elbows. My form was triumphant, as if I defeated a great evil, yet it was the love of my life, and my only reason for existing, that was impaled at the other end of my sword. Though she was wordless, and fading fast- in her smile I saw forgiveness. In her gesture to put her hands on mine, I saw the meaning of her trying to stay my hand. As if telling me to put away my sword, and with it the potential evil that exists not just in myself, but in all of humanity. 'Ignore it, and it will go away'. But Mia, like madness, evil cannot go away just by ignoring it's existence. My naive, Mia... how could this happen. Even so, she did not find fault in me. With her last flicker of strength, she pushed towards me, driving the sword up into her chest all the way to the hilt, so she could embrace me one final time, before the light in her eyes finally fades.

I ascend. A torrent of black flames pours out from me destroying the Port City, and in this moment of ascension I immediately understand the nature of my dream, and the demonic creature in it that I fought. It was the will of ASVS. His guiding hand to ascend me, to materialize him. My fury melts the approaching Flames of the Reckoning, obliterating them completely-- though the meaning was lost. I already destroyed the city, stalling the Flames was not necessary. Neither was that the intent. I was going mad with rage-- with torment. With loss. How could I have done this? The question echoed in my mind. In the last moments of clarity, I uttered a silent vow of vengeance and with the words my heart broke-- fell apart, like a tower made of cards. I knew not whether I was becoming so mad with rage that I would remember my vow, so I created chains of torment to bind me, and forever remind me of my one objective in this world. But Mia's desire for me to never seek violence, even for vengeance, created a division in me. If I did not honor her wish... then I would commit a sin graver than slaying her. I would betray even her memory. This is how Eclipse came into existence. The Zugzwang broke me--

But now, a hundred years later, and the world at the end of it's lifespan... what else was there to do? There was barely anyone, if anyone at all, left to save. It was not consideration or 'staying one's hand' that taught the remaining few to abandon the pursuit of evil. It was the simple fact that such pursuit was pointless- Evil loses it's meaning when the world is so cruel as to end the existence of the universe itself with such ... coldness.

Maybe that is why I can finally do what I must do. If there is no more 'Evil', then there is no point in my staying my hand.

That is right, ASVS. If everything in this world must end, then so shall you. I am coming. Like the Red Dawn.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 12:07:18 pm by SaintofWar »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Story Time: Atonement
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 06:56:51 pm »

(Whoa.)
(E:MORE whoa...)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 11:18:16 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 09:34:12 pm »

And the finishing part is up. I apologize if it is very lengthy, at least I hope you'll have a good read. To be honest, not really happy with how it turned out. I tried painfully hard to keep it short, but for the right impact I was going for, I probably should have spent way more trying to describe the critical character, and get the audience to get to know her and like her. But alas, concessions had to be made!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:46:42 pm by SaintofWar »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 10:42:04 pm »

That was an awesome story, SaintofWar! Keep up the great writing!