Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we move the server to the dev branch, or remain on the stable? If we move, the save file will be permanently dev-only! Some mods may also need to be removed.

Move to Dev branch for the latest updates.
- 3 (42.9%)
Stay on Stable branch for (relative) reliability and mod compatability.
- 4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Boatmurdered: Bay 12 Space Engineers: Stations aren't real.  (Read 11989 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Boatmurdered: Bay 12 Space Engineers: Now with Trading!
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2016, 01:18:32 pm »

The trader just wanted a breath of fresh air and got tired of nobody trading ice to the station.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2016, 05:12:08 pm »

Wow. I was sure it was a station, nobody should have had the permissions to convert it to ship. Unless it was a ship the whole time and was slowly de-orbiting from me jumping on it. I'll fix it in a bit.

It could also be related to a bug where my station, which was deeply integrated with an asteroid, one day moved (I don't know how) about a kilometer from the asteroid when I wasn't looking. Still as a station, no less.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2016, 08:25:41 pm »

I figured out the problem: Since some update or another, stations aren't really stations anymore, unless they're anchored to asteroids. That also explains Chiefwaffles inability to park his ship at his station without things going haywire.

So PSA, if a "Station" is made free-floating in space, it needs thrusters to stay in place. In fact, if you have a command seat, you can even operate thrusters and gyros just like a ship. So yeah, if you want a real station, you have to attach it to an asteroid.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Boatmurdered: Bay 12 Space Engineers: Stations aren't real.
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2016, 09:19:51 pm »

Welp. Time to make a new station, I guess.

And my current one was so cool, too!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2016, 10:06:01 pm »

I figured out the problem: Since some update or another, stations aren't really stations anymore, unless they're anchored to asteroids. That also explains Chiefwaffles inability to park his ship at his station without things going haywire.

So PSA, if a "Station" is made free-floating in space, it needs thrusters to stay in place. In fact, if you have a command seat, you can even operate thrusters and gyros just like a ship. So yeah, if you want a real station, you have to attach it to an asteroid.

Yeah, this is really old, like - pre-planets (so around a year old). Stations must be anchored to voxels to be immobile stations, otherwise they automatically convert to ships.

It used to be an option so you could have old style magic immobile stations if you wanted, but recently (like, a month or two ago?) they removed the option with no explanation.

I would have mentioned something when waffles was having problems but I guess I just assumed he had a station attached to an asteroid and it was somehow breaking free or something.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2016, 10:36:00 pm »

Make asteroid.
Cut station.
Paste station partially in asteroid.

Molèstra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2016, 03:21:42 am »

Or space troll found shinny things while following smell of metals for make his own new toy and failed.

I had to register for writing this common story in public SE servers on this board.
cheers,

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2016, 07:58:17 am »

I was wondering, where the constant video driver crashes while playing on this server due to the stargates? Or were those just the constant "host has left the server" errors?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2016, 05:53:24 pm »

I was wondering, where the constant video driver crashes while playing on this server due to the stargates? Or were those just the constant "host has left the server" errors?
"Host has left the server." means the server crashed. Video driver crashes aren't related to Stargates, I don't think.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2016, 12:45:16 pm »

Did the stargate mod mess up again? I logged in today after being away for a few days and all my stargate stuff is gone - buildings, materials in storage, ZPMs... everything. The stuff is still on the build menu, though I have not actually tried to rebuild anything to see if it works.

Also the materials in asteroids seem messed up again (was mining ice and got platinum, mined iron and got stone, etc). Rather sure last time this broke it was related to the stargate mod breaking.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2016, 11:59:56 pm »

Server seems to have been down most of the day today. It is showing in the server list but there's no map listed and it's max players is 0, and it's unjoinable

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2016, 04:05:18 pm »

Sorry, I was gone all day yesterday. It's been restarted now.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2016, 01:14:04 pm »

Bump with update! Stable 1.153 brings a long list of bugfixes, and most of all, rendering improvements! Expect heightened framerates across the board.

Probably.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2016, 07:27:34 pm »

Bump with update! Stable 1.153 brings a long list of bugfixes, and most of all, rendering improvements! Expect heightened framerates across the board.

Probably.

Note that it also brings:

1. Random crashes sometimes when people join (possibly related to cryopods)

2. The ability for cheaters to gain spacemaster access and do whatever they want with it (mostly they've been going into servers and just deleting everything)

On the plus side, realistic sound mode is pretty nice, especially if you disable music and set thruster sound to power output instead of movement speed. Space feels very..... isolated.

Edit: One of the trade hubs is back (still?) crashed on the surface of the planet, apparently in the exact same spot it was before (including the random ship debris laying around nearby)

Edit2: also I finally got around to warping near the alien planet, it looks like you might have accidentally pasted a second moon halfway inside the alien planet's moon.... I couldn't check it out though because blind jump appears to be broken.... I only got as close as I did by walking out GPS markers and warping to them, but I got tired of doing that before I could get close enough to see the moons clearly.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:10:46 am by BurnedToast »

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2016, 12:14:10 am »

Asteroid materials are still messed up, mining uranium for example, got me gold and mining nickel got me stone. Even asteroids with no stargate materials, and asteroids which have never been touched before (tested by warping 2000km in a random direction to be sure) are both screwed up this time.

I can't seem to find any silver that actually mines as silver, which is making things difficult :/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7