Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 84594 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hah, if only Aloisturm knew. :P

Is the plan that Etoile (and Zeratuu) goes and looks for Quink while Aloisturm and Steven do another round of research in the library?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((It's a tough choice because Etoile is fit for both activities, however I do admit that two people searching for leads is better than one.

Right now all that's left is roleplaying Etoile's fear of having to do it alone with Zeratuu, but we can skip that and move on. I've taken long enough of our time.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Alright. *starts humming the tune to 'Never Split the Party'... for no reason at all.))

Acquiescing to the other two, Etoile collects his cloak and makes his way back up the stairs. Above, the students had long finished their practice and are now scattered around the House, tending to chores. Looking around, Etoile is amused to find Zeratuu struggling with a broom twice as tall as she is, but gamely managing to sweep. It is obvious that the other students aren’t sure what to make of the little kobold in their midst, but since their teacher has not seen fit to throw out the interloper, they do their best to ignore her.

Seeing Etoile, Zeratuu rushes to put back the broom in a storage cupboard and snatches up her things, swarming over to meet him, chattering excitedly.

”Master Etoile! Miss Sorn is teaching how longlegs fight without claws and fangs! Is very interesting, Zeratuu thought that longlegs only fought with weapons.”

She continues chattering, her excitement about the subject making it a bit unintelligible, particularly when she lapses into Draconic, but Etoile can tell that she’s enthusiastic about learning more about this ‘longleg’ concept. They’re half-way down the street before she runs out of steam and asks, somewhat out of breath, where they were going?

Etoile explained that they needed to find Brodert Quink, as he had a book and perhaps more information that Aloisturm needed.

((Etoile knows who Brodert Quink is, vaguely – he’s an older human with a long white beard and small eyeglasses. He visits Etoile’s library and the bookstore regularly, and tends to focus his interests on historical texts. However, Etoile would need to ask around to find out where the man lives.))

((*roll* Etoile’s Perception 1d20 + 7 : 23
*roll* Zeratuu’s Perception 1d20 + 6 :  23))

The streets are crowded and busy with the midday bustle. Yesterday’s festival may have ended in bloodshed and terror, but in the morning light, most of the signs have been cleaned up, and the town is filled with visitors for the festival visiting the markets and the townspeople going about their lives.

That said, three figures catch the young man and the kobold’s eyes at the same time – unshaven and unsavory looking, they are doing their best to be inconspicuous, but they started down the street at the same time as the two, and have followed them down two different streets now. They are keeping their distance though.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In a shushed voice Etoile tries to inconspicuously talk to Zeratuu.

"I see a few men following us. They're making me nervous, especially after the attacks.  They look like thugs. Could you help me lose them? I'm not very good at being stealthy. I don't want to bring Quink any trouble."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

"Alright, Rusty, what else am I looking for?"

The gunslinger instinctively tries to light a cigarette before stopping, remembering where he is.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"This Azlanti Empire is a promising lead. We must learn where it was or is located."

Attempt to do that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"This Azlanti Empire is a promising lead. We must learn where it was or is located."

Attempt to do that.
Steven recalls tales and rumors he heard on his travels to aid in his search for looking for this empire (whatever knowledge check this counts as (history?))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zeratuu and Etoile
Zeratuu balked for a moment at the request, mind whirling. What did Master Etoile think she was? She had spent the last years trapped in a cage, and while she had gotten plenty of experience at hiding herself, all the hiding places for a nimble little kobold weren’t going to work for a big, longlegged human!

After a moment though, she tried to assess her options. She had a crowded street. There were plenty of places to get out of sight, at least for her. As they walked, a townsman brushed by, his cloak swirling by her nose. It was the same color and style as Master Etoile’s, and this sparked a plan.

”Master, when I push your leg, step right and wait behind stall. Stay still, listen to men. I come back soon.”

Glancing covertly over her shoulder, she waited a few minutes for events to line up. As they pass a stall made of stout canvas draped tightly over a wooden frame, a man with the same color cloak as Etoile brushed by them. Etoile feels the kobold give his leg a push and stumbles a little as he steps to the side, but recovers and stands still as Etoile follows the stranger away, keeping just behind him to stay out of his sight.

((*roll* Zeratuu – Sleight of Hand 1d20 + 9 : 15))

The three men pause by Etoile for a moment, muttering to each other. They look to have been taken in by the deception, as they don’t even glance at him.

“Look, it’s simple. We wait until the lizard and whoever that is are alone, we kosh him and grab her. The dwarves will pay good gold to get one of their freakshow attractions back.” The leader was saying.

“What will Jubrayl say?” One says, his most distinguishing characteristic being his lumpen features and oft-broken nose.[/b]

((*roll* Zeratuu – Stealth 1d20 + 13 : 32))

“What Jubrayl doesn’t know won’t hurt him. Now come on – wait… where’d it go?”

Cursing, the three hurry across the square, abandoning stealth in their haste to find back the kobold.

A few minutes later, Zeratuu rejoins Etoile, looking pleased with herself.

”Zeratuu did good, yes yes?”

Aloisturm and Steven
With a new focus, the two dive into their research with fresh eyes

((Steven – Aid Another: *roll* 1d20 + 3 : 7 Failure
Aloisturm – Knowledge (History): *roll* 1d20 + 2 + 4 (Library Bonus) : 9))

The two of you spend several more hours researching. While you find several books discussing the Azlanti Empire, they only cover information that you already know. That said, they do help you refine your search, and you’re confident that next time you’ll find something more substantial.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Etoile beams at the success of the little creature. He lifts his arm and places his hand on her head, patting her.

"Yes, Zeratuu. You did very good. Those people were looking for you from the circus. I thought they might send somebody else after you. Come, let's keep going. I hope Rus...I mean Aloisturm finds what he's seeking in the library."

Etoile and Zeratuu keep going towards their destination, this time more sneakily, though if they meet the local sheriff on the way they will notify him of the continued attempts of slavery.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steven stretches and grabs a cigarette and puts it in his mouth, his hand being a little twitchy from not having smoked most of the day.

"I don't know about you, Rusty, but I need a bit of a break from all this reading"

He makes a grunting noise as he tries to stand, his legs still trying to give way from the day prior. He picks up his hat and wipes the dust it picked up from dusting all of those tomes.

"If you need me, I'll be right outside the building."

Steven heads outside for a cigarette break, hat low and collar up so people don't recognize him easily

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Aloisturm decides that without assistance, further research is a somewhat fruitless endeavor.

It also heads outside and makes a beeline for the blacksmith that it observed the meatbags visiting just before the battle.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm decides that without assistance, further research is a somewhat fruitless endeavor.

It also heads outside and makes a beeline for the blacksmith that it observed the meatbags visiting just before the battle.

((If I see this, I'm gonna go look for Etoile to tell him Rusty left))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #507 on: February 01, 2017, 08:58:50 am »

((Given that Aloisturm hasn't made any move to hide himself, you'll notice him leaving))

Aloisturm

A few curt questions guides Aloisturm in the correct direction, and the sound of metal hammering metal guides him to his destination. The doors of the smithy are thrown open to allow cool air to seep in, and a pair of red mastiffs are lounging by the doors, tongues lolling from their mouths as they pant happily. The sign above the door depicts another such mastiff, the name of the smithy obvious - the Red Dog Smithy.

Inside, the smith is hammering a horseshoe into shape and grunts without looking up
"Be with you in a minute. Wait if its important, or leave if it isn't."

Steven, Etoile and Zeratuu

Steven asks for directions to Brodert Quink's place. Despite Zeratuu and Etoile's head start, the three end up arriving there almost at the same time. Along the way, Steven noticed many people glancing at him, but listening to the background chatter, he hears admiration for his race yesterday, or from the shooting gallery or the heroics later. Aside from cheerful greetings, he isn't bothered by anyone.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 01, 2017, 12:03:05 pm »

Steven mutters under his breath as he goes on, mostly about drawing too much attention

When he sees the youth and his companion, he finishes his cigarette and throws it away.

"Rusty left the library. Didn't say to where. Thought I'd come tell you to save you the trip."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 01, 2017, 03:20:51 pm »

"Oh... The people from the circus are still looking for Zeratuu. We managed to avoid them. Still, I would like to finish what we came here for."
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 77