Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 84595 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #525 on: February 11, 2017, 06:43:08 pm »

((Okay I got my ability scores settled, pretty sure. Had to do some rough calculations based on everything that happened with rolls and what I remember of my initial ability score rolls.

Just need to distribute my skill points, get my traits sorted once more, and figure out inventor---well shit, I'm guessing that gold amount you listed for me was just loot, not loot+starting gold :P ))

Aloisturm was puzzled. It had not expected such a...unwelcoming reaction from the blacksmith. Especially considering its new (if unneeded) reputation as a hero of the town. Well, meatbags were irrational at the best of times.

"I wish to acquire smithing tools. I can provide currency for trade."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 07:22:39 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 18, 2017, 12:50:26 am »

((I'm still interested in this game just to let you fellas know. I feel a kind of camaraderie between us after all these years.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 18, 2017, 12:52:50 am »

((Indeed! I've been pretty busy, but I'm looking to make posting regularly a priority again. Sorry for the long wait between posts right now.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 18, 2017, 08:06:52 am »

((Okay, not forgetting anyone, but going to do these piece by piece so as to make progress and not leave out anything.))

Aloisturm

Das Korvut folds his brawny arms and grumps at the construct, not phased by its size and appearance. “And I suppose after you show me up at the festival, now you plan to open your own smithy and put me out of business as well?” Despite his grumping, he points at various tools on the walls. “A basic set to do some tinkering runs you… 6 gold. If you want all the fixings to do some proper smithing, then you’re looking at 70… say 65 gold.”

((*roll* Das Korvut : Bluff vs Aloisturm : Sense Motive : ? vs 1d20 -1 : 12))
((*roll* Appraise 1d20 + 2 : 17))

Aloisturm can tell that the meatbag is being untruthful, and analyzing the quality of the wares being presented, believes that he is increasing their prices by 18%, if not more. The smith’s mention jogs a memory of the previous day, and the look of rage as the construct beats him handily in front of the entire town is vivid.

Das has his arms folded again and glowers at the unmoving construct. “You’ll also need to pay for the use of the forge, unless that damn insufferable gnome has one hidden in that hovel of his.”

((He doesn’t.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 18, 2017, 11:24:59 am »

Ahhh, that was it. The meatbag was feeling inadequate after losing the strength competition (despite not being the only one to lose), and was now attempting to re-assert dominance by presenting a hostile attitude and overcharging for his product. Pitiful.

Another fleshling might have been intimidated into paying the inflated price in order to avoid trouble. Aloisturm felt only contempt.

"You have one more chance. Give me the proper price or I will take my business elsewhere."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 20, 2017, 09:17:23 am »

Etoile, Steven and Zeratuu

The old man’s eyebrows rise in surprise, and he takes the pipe out of his mouth to respond. “Ah, yes. From the House of Blue Stones, I’m guessing? I hope that Madam Sorn isn’t after me to return it already, I only checked it out a few days ago. Ah, but where are my manners? Come in, come in.”

He ushers the three of them inside his neat home. The furnishing are old but well cared for, and the most notable thing about the home is the number of bookcases and books it contains. He seems to have a fairly extensive personal library which has spilled over (neatly enough) into every part of his home. A yellow tabby suns itself on a table next to the window, barely opening an eye in acknowledgement of their presence.

“Now, was there something in particular you wanted with the book? I confess I’m not yet done reading it. Quite fascinating, really, the Azlanti precursors to the Thassilonian empire that once ruled Varisia.”

Kal

Madam Mavashti smiles at Kal “Well, besides myself, old Risa… though I don’t have much call to name someone else old, do I? But still, Risa of Risa’s place is a sorceress, though I’m afraid that age has not been kind to her sight. Miss Tesarani has a bit of talent as well, but she tends to focus more on the day to day then developing her magical abilities.

As for others… not that I know of, but all that means is that they haven’t been all too obvious in displaying their skills. My friends in the druids have mentioned dark forces on the move and the unease of the earth… but much has been settled in this Age. Take a care if you travel, and keep friends around you, young man. I fear that those goblins were only the smallest of evils we have faced.

Now, on the subject of mental illness… my daughter can say quite a bit about its treatment, but from my experience, sorcerers tend to take leave of their senses if their magic runs rampant…”

Between Niska and Koya, the two have many ideas and experience in dealing with the mentally unwell, including those whose bloodline may be at fault, and they seek to answer the young sorcerer’s questions as much as possible.

Aloisturm

The threat doesn’t seem to phase the smith much, who laughs and crosses his arms. “You’d be able to find the tools elsewhere, aye, but mine is the only forge in Sandpoint.” He eyes the construct, the derisive look on his face fading as he thinks of something.

“Tell you what. I think you can do something for me. I need someone decently strong and who isn’t a superstitious sod. I’ll loan you a set of tools and you can make use of the forge during the day. Come around to the house in back tonight and I’ll tell you more. You succeed, I’ll make you a masterwork set.”

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 20, 2017, 09:30:22 am »

"Ah, uh, yes. They are indeed a curious people for who we know all too little about. A companion of ours asked us to research them for personal reasons. The madam hasn't said anything about wanting you to return it. That said, uh, our interest is apparently very important to our friend and, uh, ah," Etoile's shyness comes through at talking to another person who has the same interest in books as him and he quickly says "we would like to check the book out if you allow it!"

Etoile looks down to hide his embarrassment before realizing how it might sound, to take the book away from a person who hasn't finished using it. He looks up again and raises his hands defensively.

"Ah, of course we don't mean that we want the book only for ourselves! Just a look at the contents for a little bit."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 20, 2017, 11:00:20 am »

Aloisturm considered the smith's offer for exactly 4.13 seconds.

"I make no promises. However, I will return this evening to hear more."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 22, 2017, 10:15:36 am »

Aloisturm
The smith grunts sourly before passing over a bundle of basic smithing tools and turning back to his forge. "Don't forget to come."

Outside, the Sheriff is passing by and stops when he sees the construct. He walks over to talk to Aloisturm "Ah, I've been looking for you and your companions. There's a small matter I'd like some help with. Would you know where the others are?"

Brodert leans over and picks up a heavy volume from the table next to his seat and holds it out to Etoile, a smile tugging at his lips at the young man's shyness. "I suppose I'll have to content myself with one of other books. Please bring it back to me first though. I fear that Madam Sorn would be quite cross with me if she found out I lent a book out that was lent to me... though given you were also given access to the library there, she might only be a little annoyed."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:29:45 am by Hanzoku »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 22, 2017, 10:19:21 am »

"T-t-t-thank you!" Stammers a thankful Etoile. "W-w-we'll come return it soon! I promise!"

Etoile's party find a quiet place where they can safely peruse the book, possibly the city library if nothing happens on the way.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 22, 2017, 01:21:22 pm »

"T-t-t-thank you!" Stammers a thankful Etoile. "W-w-we'll come return it soon! I promise!"

Etoile's party find a quiet place where they can safely peruse the book, possibly the city library if nothing happens on the way.
On their way to their destination, Steven lights yet another cigarette and offers it to the stuttering youth, but stops upon seeing Etoile holding the book like a man holds his lover and leaves the cigarette in his mouth as he keeps his hand near where his duster covers his gun, keeping watch over the kobold and the youth.

((Perception checks if need be))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 22, 2017, 04:54:09 pm »

What, were meatbags unable to take care of themselves? That was quickly becoming the construct's hypothesis, seeing as how two of them had requested its aid in as many minutes.

"Some of them were at the library last I saw. I was heading back there myself. I do not know where the magic one went."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 28, 2017, 07:20:32 am »

Aloisturm

Sheriff Hemlock nods in acknowledgement “I’ve asked one of my men to check there, and another has gone to retrieve Master Kal – he’s apparently visiting Madame Mavashti. If you’d come with me, I’d like to present you and the others with a reward for your defense, and ask for your help with a small matter.”[/b]

((*roll* Steven – Perception : 14 + 8 = 22))

Steven notices one of the thugs from the day before, but he slips into the crowd without issue, probably due to the two guard who brighten as they see the three and walk over.

“Glad to see that Miss Sorn didn’t send us on a wild goose chase. Good afternoon, gentlemen. The Sheriff has asked for you and the others to meet him near the Cathedral – he has a reward for your heroic actions last night that he’d like to give you, and wants to ask a favor of some sort. If you want, we can guide you there.” The taller of the two says. The other is looking faintly awestruck to be in the presence of the heroes of the previous night and says nothing.

Kal
When Kal is finally satisfied with his answers and steps outside the house, a guardsman who has been sitting on a fence post starts and puts away his dagger, which he had been using to clean under his fingernails.

“Ah, I imagine daylight is pleasant after spending so long talking to the old lady. Mister Kal? Sheriff Hemlock would like to talk to you and the others over by the Cathedral.”

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 28, 2017, 07:31:49 am »

((Whoops, sorry. I've been kept on my toes lately.))

Kal thanks the old sorceress for her help, though it did little to assuage his doubt. On leaving the house, Kal nods and accompanies the guardsman to the Cathedral.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:38:04 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 28, 2017, 09:12:29 am »

Etoile simply clutches the book harder and looks up to Steven for direction in this matter.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 77