Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 84493 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"Should the noise be accompanied with violence?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

"Should the noise be accompanied with violence?"
"If we can take them without a fight, better for us. We get answers doing this."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Sorry for the long delay, everyone. We're back in business with the stealth mission. For now, Kal is going to fade into extra party space for skill checks and combat, and can fade back into reality for roleplaying. When Dwarfy has more time and can fill in the character sheet again, Kal will be ready to rejoin combat.))

Zeratuu follows the conversation with difficulty, but discerns that Steven is planning to sneak around the clearing with the goblins on his own. Eyeing Master and Rusty, Zeratuu finally tugs on Etoile's sleeve, points at him, then at Rusty and gives him a stern glare that he is to stay with the goblin-obliterating construct or else.

She then follows quietly after Steven as they sneak through the woods until they reach the opposite side of the clearing.

((*roll* Zeratuu - Stealth 1d20 + 13 : 18
*roll* Steven - Stealth 1d20 + 5 : 21))

Distracted by the fire and their jabbering, the goblins don't notice them at all. The two pause for a minute when a goblin enters the clearing, adjusting its loincloth and joins the others at the fire. Passing by where it had been, the sharp smell of goblin urine tells why it had left the clearing. Finally, everyone was in position, and Zeratuu looks at Steven inquiringly.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steven walks into the clearing and points his gun at the goblins, speaking to them in their tongue

Spoiler: Goblin (click to show/hide)

Intimidate check. First one to make an aggressive move, fire a warning shot at his kneecap

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm requests that if the goblins do not surrender, Kal uses his enlargement spell on the construct. That ought to make any noise even noisier.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steven walks into the clearing and points his gun at the goblins, speaking to them in their tongue

Intimidate check. First one to make an aggressive move, fire a warning shot at his kneecap

((*roll* Intimidate vs DC 11x4 (Frighten), DC 21x4 (Outright Surrender) : 1d20 + 11 : 18, 23, 15, 19))

One of the goblins throws its hands into the air immediately, whimpering in fright. The other three are startled and draw back from the human's sudden appearance reflexively.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Honest question time: does everyone have the time and interest in this still? No judgements if the answer is no, but I've noticed that we've really slowed down - also my fault, as I haven't had the most time in the world either all the time.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I'm definitely still interested, but I have very little time and have done for the last month or two. I'll have more time in three weeks or so, though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The slowdown is my fault. Didn't realize you were waiting on me))

Steven fires a warning shot and reloads

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Nah, I'm totally done with playing as a psychic robot in a cool party.

Of course I'm still interested :P ))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you firing to hit, or only to scare?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((Warning shot would imply only to scare, I would think.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Warning shot would imply only to scare, I would think.))

((True, but he originally defined it as a warning shot to the knee, which makes me think he's trying to nonlethally wound one, thus the request for clarification.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((To scare mostly))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((For every +5 on the attack roll, you gain +1 on the intimidate roll.))

((*roll* Attack 1d20 + 6 : 12))
*roll* Intimidate 1d20 + 13 vs DC 21 x 3 : 28, 31, 18))

Two of the goblins surrender immediately as the bullet buries itself in the ground after whizzing by one's knee. One of them voids its bowels in fear, and the other is sobbing in terror. The last goblin takes its chance as Steven reloads and turns to run straight away from the scary human.

Unfortunately, Aloisturm comes crashing through the woods making as noise as possible, and bursts from the underbrush in front of the goblin, a hammer almost as long as the mighty construct is tall clutched casually in one massive fist.

((Going to combine this result with Steven's previous result
*roll* Intimidate 1d20 -3 vs DC 21 : 6 + 18 = 24))

Surrounded, it's eyes search everywhere, only to see a lizard monster crawl out of the underbrush, hissing evilly, and a longshanks appear around the massive construct. Outnumbered, it surrenders.

((*Roll* Perception (Steven, Aloisturm, Etoile, Zeratuu) 1d20 +8/-1/+7/+7 : 9,17,11,6))

While Steven focuses on reloading his firearm and Etoile and Zeratuu focus on the four prisoners, Aloisturm has focused its senses on the woods around them. Because of this, it is the first to see fires flare to life in the distance, and the rising chittering howls. These Enemy were not alone, and the sound of the firearm has woken others.

((For capturing the four goblins without a fight, the party has earned 80 XP. You still need to figure out how to secure them, and decide on a next course of action.))
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 77