Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1406529 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #1230 on: September 02, 2009, 06:38:52 am »

Hah that's beautiful.

He looks so malevolent.

And harmless.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 02, 2009, 08:34:02 am »

In bodybuilding terms "Flayed" means that your muscles are so gigantic that they're almost bursting out of your skin, somone who is really Flayed actually looks like their skin has in fact been flayed off them, you can see the cords in their muscles and everything, it literally looks like they have no skin. I met a guy like that once and i've been trying to unsee it ever since.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 02, 2009, 08:41:57 am »

If someone wonders why I haven't been posting here, it's because I am so utterly awed by everything here that writing an reply that did justice to it all would take hours, and I keep postponing that indefinitely, so I might as well admit I'll ever do it. So, everyone who have posted an image here, pretend this post is a giant wall of text appearing tailored pontifically to boost your ego beyond all return, and overdoing it.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 02, 2009, 08:45:05 am »

That fire imp is good.  I can just imagine the look on his face as he's thrown to the floor by a recruit and strangled.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 02, 2009, 12:28:08 pm »

I didn't know you had a thing for naked demons Vester.  ::)

Just so long as she doesn't start on the tentacle demons I think we're safe.  :-\

And I'd like to add my admiration for Balathustrius' lava flow.  At least for those times when lava is the friend of your fortress rather than your enemy.  ;D
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 02, 2009, 02:16:14 pm »

Just so long as she doesn't start on the tentacle demons I think we're safe.  :-\

And I'd like to add my admiration for Balathustrius' lava flow.  At least for those times when lava is the friend of your fortress rather than your enemy.  ;D

Oh god. Naked tentacle demons  :(
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 02, 2009, 03:33:04 pm »

I think that's an oxymoron

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 02, 2009, 03:40:21 pm »

Hmm, yes, tentacle demons do apparently have normal humanoid bodies in addition to the tentacles.  I had always imagined something along the lines of the Chaos Elemental in Runescape (a sortof blob with a lot of tentacles).

Now I should stop imagining what they could look like.  Immediately.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 02, 2009, 03:43:38 pm »

I think that's an oxymoron

I think you mean "redundant".   ::)

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 02, 2009, 06:17:40 pm »

wasnt the thing from 'Species' a tentacle alien?

I always imagined them as hentai fiends, tentacles mirv-ing from every appendage, squirming, ready to rape any who stray in LOS.

...bonuspoints for tentacles terminating in salliciously falloid knobs. or terminating in elves. that be cool too.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 02, 2009, 06:26:47 pm »

I don't think any of them have clothes, and it's more than silly to assume they have genitalia since they don't reproduce.

Given that tentacle demons are humanoid (I always imagined them more like blobs with tentacles everywhere) I guess that makes them like Doc Ock, with tentacles coming out of their back. I can't find the raw though...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 02, 2009, 06:28:04 pm »

...salliciously falloid...
I think you mean "salaciously phallic"

P.S. Firefox and Safari both have built-in spell-checkers. Opera and Chrome probably have them too.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 02, 2009, 07:17:57 pm »

that's a nice fire imp, sindayven.

here's my interpretation:

From the raw files, I kinda picture them as small, yellow-skinned goblins, and since they can swim through magma, I gave them a sort of streamlined fish-like sillouette.

NOTE: the raw files don't say how many fingers and toes they have!

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1243 on: September 02, 2009, 07:23:11 pm »

Whoa, great images! I'm saving all those for inspiration when working on tilesests :)
BTW, if you fancy some pixelart in this thread, here's a 64x64 miner I'm working on:

(actually I've been working on it for quite some time but abandoned for reasons unknown to me... so maybe you've seen it already...).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:25:59 pm by Mike Mayday »
<3

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 02, 2009, 07:37:24 pm »

HOLY CRAP it's mike mayday the graphics man

nice dwarf! I didn't know you could get DF to run with 64x64 tiles.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:09:36 pm by Fault »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 561