Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1388281 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #330 on: September 10, 2008, 02:34:20 am »

It is thus a good idea to watermark your art, especially if it's good art.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Chubacca

• Bay Watcher
  • Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 10, 2008, 04:47:36 am »

http://tsubaki-art.deviantart.com/journal/20416864/

I think this demonstration is enough.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 10, 2008, 05:38:52 am »

http://tsubaki-art.deviantart.com/journal/20416864/

I think this demonstration is enough.
really nice pictures ... and i don't think you "must" prove yourself ... just let them think wathever they wan't anyway do you REALLY care? i wouldn't in your place ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

sjmarshy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 10, 2008, 07:36:33 am »

I'm sorry but this is the internet, where pretending to be someone else is easy. It's not a matter of me thinking that you're some lowlife that steals peoples artwork, but that you could so easily be and to be fair, that was your first post, names differed and the art work was of a wide variety of styles, so you can't really blame anyone who believed that you weren't the creator of that art. In short, yes, you do have to prove you did it if you don't want people thinking you didn't. Or, as Mohreb el Yasim suggested, you could just not care what we think.

Chubacca

• Bay Watcher
  • Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 10, 2008, 07:48:37 am »

Mohreb el Yasim Thanks ;)
sjmarshy yes you'r right.And I think that I proved it.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 10, 2008, 07:50:29 am »

I'm sorry but this is the internet, where pretending to be someone else is easy. It's not a matter of me thinking that you're some lowlife that steals peoples artwork, but that you could so easily be and to be fair, that was your first post, names differed and the art work was of a wide variety of styles, so you can't really blame anyone who believed that you weren't the creator of that art. In short, yes, you do have to prove you did it if you don't want people thinking you didn't. Or, as Mohreb el Yasim suggested, you could just not care what we think.
so where was gone the idee of anyone is inocent until contrair is not proven? i mean he puts his art here from wich he can have no gains (i assume the fact of some people saying oh it is cool is not a real gain) and then first reaction is:" curse, thief!"
i just wan't to shut out "Do not judge, and you will not be judged" (and yes these is not my words,it is a bit more ancient)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

sjmarshy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 10, 2008, 07:56:09 am »

so where was gone the idee of anyone is inocent until contrair is not proven? i mean he puts his art here from wich he can have no gains (i assume the fact of some people saying oh it is cool is not a real gain) and then first reaction is:" curse, thief!"
i just wan't to shut out "Do not judge, and you will not be judged" (and yes these is not my words,it is a bit more ancient)

I agree to an extent, but anyone with an extensive amount of experience with the internet, or even not, is all to used to people signing up to a forum and, with their first ever post, attempting to convince people they are someone they are not. May not seem nice or whatever but its what a large amount of people do on the internet, so I believe it is everyone's prerogative to be cautious. I agree, people may have been somewhat politer about it, but really I think the caution is understandable.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 10, 2008, 08:57:38 am »

I agree to an extent, but anyone with an extensive amount of experience with the internet, or even not, is all to used to people signing up to a forum and, with their first ever post, attempting to convince people they are someone they are not. May not seem nice or whatever but its what a large amount of people do on the internet, so I believe it is everyone's prerogative to be cautious. I agree, people may have been somewhat politer about it, but really I think the caution is understandable.

i don't consider myself to not have experiance of internet neither,but in your logic there is just one point what i can't get:
in wich way is it bad/dangereux/disturbing for you if someone says he is XY and in reality he isn't? Why do you think that it worth it, to hurt someones feeling (in the case of he is really that XY), by supposing he is lieng? Even if there is the slices possibility that, for example R.A. Salvatore is on these forums, but if you say that you are him, then ok you can probably be him i won't ever have a possibility to verify but it doesn't hurt me even if you are lieng. I mean ok maximum i don't belive you but i won't say it for you becouse it is not my bisnis ... if you are Napoleon or Cesar and you belive it so, why should I say you that you aren't? are you hurting anyone by "being" Napoleon?
Mohreb el Yasim

sjmarshy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 10, 2008, 09:07:25 am »

Maybe not, but that isn't the point in this case. You have to remember that people thought someone elses art was being ripped off here, and I know that if someone pretended that my art was theirs then I'd be very angry. Not only that, but it's illegal to pretend that someone elses art is your own. There is harm done, its called a copyright violation, and can be very serious. Granted, it may be foolish, it may be a small amount of harm, but its still there. I'd be angry if someone stole my art even if they took it on a forum and, for one post, said it was theirs. even if no-one saw it. 

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 10, 2008, 09:13:40 am »

true maybe i see so because i am not an artist, but i would feel more said/sorry about a people taking my art to feel himself appreciated. i would be angry in the case if he would sell my art if i didn't wanted of cours, but just for the appreciation? a people how needs it so much, that he is capable to lie for it ... i don't think i could be angry of him, he should have many problems in RL anyway...
but i never really felt to need other peoples opignons, just some few i  really care but the most of the people i just don't bother with ... so i know i have a strange vision of things.
Mohreb el Yasim

Chubacca

• Bay Watcher
  • Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 10, 2008, 09:39:04 am »

People,problem is solved.
Everyone have own opinion on things so it's always be some disagrees about it.
Let's forget it(and dont flood here) and begin post some cool art ;)

evktalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 10, 2008, 10:11:20 am »

Chubacca, you have a very nice, clean line (I don't know a better word to express it), and also your colouring and shadows look very good. Your characters also look like they have personality, I like the eyes especially. Oftenn fantasy pin-ups like these are very well drawn, but have sort of blank faces - these faces have warmth and personality, and humour, I really enjoy looking at these. Very nice work! Constructive critisism: I'm not an expert, but I think you could work on the postures of these characters: their bodies look a bit contorted, it looks like standing like that would be uncomfortable. Also (just as a thought or experiment) try to think of a story to tell with a picture - they already have a lot of character, so that might take them to a next level. Again, very good work!

--Eino

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 10, 2008, 11:12:39 am »

sj...that idol almost looks like a...erm....you know.. ;D

well it isn't :P
unless you want it to be
lmao

!!! ;D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 10, 2008, 12:09:35 pm »

Guys stop talking about watermarks here. It's DF forum! I want more pics to increase my happiness and I'm about to throw tantrum so hurry!

P.S. I have a crappy dining room.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 10, 2008, 12:22:40 pm »

Doublepost for my pleasure! I'm too irritated with this thread that I reject editing.

P.S. Now I think that it was not so good idea to post my art here.Just wanted to show it to you all and just add a few pics later,but now this looks like you think that I'm liar...sad.
The most stupid in this situation is - that it is my art and I know it,and now I must prove it to you...
Don't you EVER listen to jerks which try to insult your great art while admiring crapshit. I may sound rough but it's you giving them present for showing it and not opposite.
The people who try to insult others (for any reason, they may write long speeches to explain their actions but it doesn't make them sound less offensive for you) usually are the reason why there's not enough good art in some places like this. Some proud artist may ignore this thread because he doesn't want to get this kind of "greeting" and it's said.

Come on, guys, what happened to our great dwarf commune? Who are those nobles who drive you mad enough to attack your own kind? And skillful ones I must note. This may lead to extinction of legendaries, and you know, whole-peasant fortresses look dull.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 561