Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1406876 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*
« Reply #7455 on: March 11, 2012, 05:55:06 am »

Nice drawings, but I don't know why but those armors reminds me of Mass effect ones.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:48:51 am by peskyninja »
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: March 11, 2012, 08:47:17 am »

Your goblins are about right. Don't remember off the top of my head what a beak dog is supposed to look like, haven't seen them in game in quite some time.

Your troll is interesting, but where are his horns? Trolls have horns as well as tusks. I kind of imagine that trolls have meatier legs than that.

I checked what was going on during a siege once, and trolls are fully clothed, whilst cyclopes wander around stark bollock naked. I've not tried drawing a clothed troll yet.

I think DF goblins are basically elf-like in appearance and stature, apart from certain features like green skin and scruffy facial hair.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: March 11, 2012, 09:05:23 am »

I'm pretty sure beak dogs are rainbow velociraptors.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: March 11, 2012, 09:12:01 am »

I checked what was going on during a siege once, and trolls are fully clothed, whilst cyclopes wander around stark bollock naked. I've not tried drawing a clothed troll yet.
I like the implication that you've drawn plenty of nude ones. :P

Also, Daemoria, those goblins are... Well, I like your art skills, but to be honest they don't look much like gobboes to me. The troll's pretty cool, although he doesn't really appear to have much hair to be shorn. Perhaps goblin troll ranchers could mark ownership of their trolls through those piercings?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: March 11, 2012, 12:11:44 pm »

Those are amazing daemoria.

I heard beak dogs are basically just raptors though

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: March 11, 2012, 12:41:39 pm »

:D wow, thanks for the kind words everyone.

in regards to beakdog not looking like a raptor, which i knew the DF one origionaly does look like a dinosaur, but i figured i'd change it up and bring them back closer to a dog, just with a crazy skull/beak thing going on. personal preference there really

good point with the troll and hair, i forgot about that, I'll definately add some nice shag. The horns have been removed because only the upper class goblins have horns, they don't want trolls gaining more respect. I'll see what i can do with a more meaty leg, i am not frozen on just the peglegs. :]

goblins not looking like goblins, well I knew that one would be brought up. The males should look a bit more evil/traditionaly goblin like, but in my mind the goblins and elves derive from the same species, but with a couple hundred years of divergent evolution/magic corruption.

I'll keep working on these with your comments in mind tho, nothing on that picture is final, and will probably not be for a while.
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: March 11, 2012, 02:35:05 pm »

I think DF goblins are basically elf-like in appearance and stature, apart from certain features like green skin and scruffy facial hair.

Scruffy? In my headcanon, goblins have this ridiculous technicolor anime hair that is constantly waving a bit, even in the complete absence of wind.

Not that goblin appearance is set in stone or anything. While there is quite a bit of descriptive text in the game, at the end of the day, a goblin still looks like a 'g', and you're expected, nay, required to fill the gaps with your imagination.

daemoria, I like your take on them. Looks exotic. :)

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: March 11, 2012, 04:42:18 pm »

hah yea, the technicolor hair of the goblins is quite trippy.
and now for the actual goblin tower, its pretty cozy, the bits that haven't fallen into the sea.
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: March 11, 2012, 05:55:17 pm »

that's an interesting interpretation! I like the goblins and trolls, very imposing. Reminds me of how LOTR goblins originally were corrupted elves, and how they were the best metalworkers aside from the men of Gondor

although I do think the beak dog is way too big and scary.. but then again I tend towards interpreting dark fortress creatures in more goofy, awkward proportions (and I think I posted a drawing of a beak dog many months ago?)

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7464 on: March 11, 2012, 11:29:11 pm »

Beak dogs look like those things out of Altered Beast.

Anyone remember Altered Beast?
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: March 12, 2012, 03:29:36 am »

Beak dogs look like those things out of Altered Beast.

Anyone remember Altered Beast?
I thought 'Golden Axe'!

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #7466 on: March 12, 2012, 04:50:19 am »

Really like the look of that tower.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • not for trees
« Reply #7467 on: March 13, 2012, 11:17:45 am »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • not for trees
« Reply #7468 on: March 13, 2012, 11:53:06 am »

Dwarf Industrial Center

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: March 13, 2012, 02:08:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Industrial Center

I think my last fort had one of these. It was lined with looms, clothier workshops, and powered mills. I messed up with the waterwheel stack and flooded all 5 z-levels. It was worse than the Triangle Shirtwaist disaster  :P
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 561