Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1409943 times)

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #4095 on: April 14, 2010, 04:47:21 pm »

6 feet is a bit much for a medieval guy, though.
If we assume an average of 5 foot 3 inches for men, the goblin male ends up on average 4 feet 6 inches.
Assuming they're sexually dimorphic like humans, the women would be even tinier.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:49:57 pm by NinjaE8825 »

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: April 14, 2010, 05:01:26 pm »

Yeah...but they stop growing at 12 as far as the game is considered, so it's a bit wonky. Assuming an average human were 6' tall, an average goblin would be 5' 1" tall. So, short, but no worse then a lot of asians I know IRL.

Odd conversation...
I always considered one DF size-unit as 25 cm. So a human's 175 cm, or about 5' 9". This also made dwarves (in 40d) 150 cm, or 5'. It was pretty consistent with other creatures and is fairly easy to work with. As for the new size tags, I like to follow the wiki's statement. That the size is (roughly) the weight in grammes. This also corresponds to the classic view of human-sized, but fragile elves. They're the same size, but lighter and more slender.
Also, the new size-tag could also allow for more realistic growth patterns. Add another one at age 18 or at whichever point it's fully grown and alter the one at 12 years. Or add a couple tags to have it be even more realistically.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: April 14, 2010, 05:54:11 pm »

Actually, the size tags are volume now.  So elves might be just as tall as humans, but skinnier.  Dorfs are quite short and very stocky.  Goblins might be somewhere in between.

EDIT: Maybe I should actually read the previous posts before posting?
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: April 14, 2010, 07:04:53 pm »

EDIT: Maybe I should actually read the previous posts before posting?
might be a wise approach, yeah.   :P
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: April 15, 2010, 12:21:16 pm »

I find it highly amusing that Goblins have anime-colored hair now.

NinjaE8825: Nice adventurer! I'm really getting this "Hell yeah! Let's go kill some monsters and risk our lives!" - adventurer vibe from her facial expression.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: April 15, 2010, 08:48:55 pm »

OMIGOD FAULT!

Right now, when something goes in magma, its fat and skin melt off and they get burned, but this doesn't kill them. You should draw what a dwarf looks like after he's been left to burn in 5/7 magma for a week and comes out, made only of muscle, bone and organs, and on fire. And pissed.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: April 15, 2010, 08:51:35 pm »

that also happens when they walk in the rain!

request noted.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: April 15, 2010, 09:33:28 pm »

Depending on how much you like that kind of drawing, this might be interesting to you(as a suggestion).

Ngerxung Liedevils the Slave of Seducers was a wolf brute.  She was the only one of her kind.  A great feathered wolf twisted into humanoid form.  It murmurs horrible curses.  Its vermilion feathers are long and sparse.  Beware its poisonous sting.  Ngerxung was associated with jealousy.

I looked her up because I saw the name when I was looking up other stuff and thought "Slave of seducers" was an interesting title.  And a feathered wolf monster is kind of interesting sounding, although it's fairly tame compared to some other stuff.  She apparently became the leader of a goblin civilization with a wave of popular support.  Over the next 1000 years, she murdered 33 goblins.  Presumably out of jealousy.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: April 16, 2010, 02:20:49 pm »

I drew this yesterday and posted it somewhere else.  I added some color and a nice stone backdrop.  This was a forgotten beast that I tried to lure into a trap using the dog as bait.  Little did I know he could tear through iron bars like they were paper.  He eventually made it into my main fortress but my axedwarves were able to finish him off.  Still got plenty of meat left over from that battle.  I think I might take a shot at drawing some other interesting forgotten beasts.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: April 16, 2010, 02:25:24 pm »

Dog's expression owns.

Needs more bloodspray and contaminants.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: April 16, 2010, 03:56:34 pm »

The engraving style is awesome, very well done.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: April 16, 2010, 07:37:30 pm »

Made another.  This one was kinda complicated.  I had a hard time picturing a leech with feathered wings so I just put the feathers on it's back.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:40:58 pm by Lemunde »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: April 16, 2010, 07:42:16 pm »

Urist McMiner: MOTHER OF GOD IT LOOKS HUNGRY! Hide the children! *short pause* Scratch that, leave the kids out as bait!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: April 16, 2010, 08:38:56 pm »

Nonsense, that giant flying leech monster is the most friendly thing I've seen on the forums all day.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: April 16, 2010, 09:00:52 pm »

Makes me think of a mutalisk.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 561