Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1388301 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #435 on: January 23, 2009, 11:38:42 pm »

Weird, what do you look like what you dance?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 24, 2009, 12:17:22 am »

Drunk.

Artyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 24, 2009, 12:31:54 am »

Just drew me a few doodles while bored in math class. Most of it's generic, but there you go.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 24, 2009, 01:04:57 am »

Just drew me a few doodles while bored in math class. Most of it's generic, but there you go.
It's funny, and while it's just quick sketches you manage to catch some body language well I think, especially the elf, that one is hilarious.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 24, 2009, 05:26:30 am »

The perspective is somewhat skewed, and the pencil lines deteriorated in the humidity and salt air when I drew it in Croatia, but I still think it's one of my best things.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 24, 2009, 05:42:45 am »

Spray-on fixatives are a lifesaver for sketches.

It comes in a big can like spray paint and spares your old sketches from smudging and aging by sealing under a protective layer. I've used it to preserve my own sketches from high school (4 to 5 years old by now).

(come to think of it, I think I've heard that you can use hairspray in a pinch, or to pinch a penny)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 05:51:12 am by MuonDecay »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 24, 2009, 09:02:28 am »

Isn't hairspray highly flammable?  And if so, is the stuff for sketches (a lot) less so?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 24, 2009, 12:25:07 pm »

Some hair sprays are extremely flammable, yes. Most aerosol sprays are flammable, though, if only because a flammable gas is used to pressurize them. (though I know hairspray can be flammable after it's dried-on, too. It makes for some amusing hair accidents) I'd assume that the fixative is either acrylic or some sort of resin, so it may or may not be flammable. When dry it's likely to be less flammable than the paper you're spraying with it, though.

Of course, if your sketches are that close to an open flame that such a thing matters, I think you have other problems to worry about.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 24, 2009, 06:21:13 pm »

I keep all of them in the airing cupboard now.
I actually transferred all my books into there as it's warm and dry.
My house is bloody freezing. My fault for being british, I suppose.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2009, 04:28:48 am »

I would love to see more player sketches of their own forts (posted to the DF Map Archive for confirmation) or other people's forts. I always wonder what my forts would look like in reality, with proper wild grass and plant life and rough edges all the way along, but my imagination is limited somewhat.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 25, 2009, 04:31:51 am »

I too, pissed myself laughing at the elf. Well done.

M Shadowy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 25, 2009, 05:58:42 pm »

... well, been a while since I've puttered around here.  And I see there's an Art... thing... going on!

TIME FOR ART!  GOBLIN RECRUIT TAKES ON DWARVEN AXE CHAMP!  URIST MCCHAMPION REPORTEDLY DISAPPOINTED IN HANG TIME!  NEWS AT 11!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... dunno why, but I always picture DF as a kind of Conan-esque brutal fantasy world.  Made a mistake on one of the Goblins hands (I realize in retrospect), and intended to have more Dwarfy iconographs on the helmet.  Action shots aren't exactly easy, but I could probably do better.

Ah well.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 26, 2009, 07:51:45 am »

... well, been a while since I've puttered around here.  And I see there's an Art... thing... going on!

TIME FOR ART!  GOBLIN RECRUIT TAKES ON DWARVEN AXE CHAMP!  URIST MCCHAMPION REPORTEDLY DISAPPOINTED IN HANG TIME!  NEWS AT 11!

... dunno why, but I always picture DF as a kind of Conan-esque brutal fantasy world.  Made a mistake on one of the Goblins hands (I realize in retrospect), and intended to have more Dwarfy iconographs on the helmet.  Action shots aren't exactly easy, but I could probably do better.

Ah well.

haha, that's great!

The goblin has this classic "o_o I needed that to live" look

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 26, 2009, 10:29:48 am »

Ah well.

Now that is a weird, but funny looking goblin.  ;D

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 27, 2009, 04:47:54 pm »

You wouldn't believe how much time this took. Too bad I got bored in the end and just threw the shadows on in five minutes. Oh well, maybe I'll redo them when I gather enough will.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 561