Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1388534 times)

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*
« Reply #8385 on: January 22, 2021, 01:24:14 pm »

.........  --> that's really good !

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: January 23, 2021, 03:18:59 am »

Are they cheesemakers, fisherdwarves, or just peasants?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: March 02, 2021, 12:57:07 pm »

Doodled this comic of the current state of night trolls in my vanilla forts in which they become citizens and quite peaceful.
since now this is possible I can probably go back and remember all the DF community Night troll designs doing fort mode jobs now.
edit: going back and fixing broken links
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 03:10:37 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • not for trees
« Reply #8388 on: March 05, 2021, 09:23:09 am »

Doodled this comic of the current state of night trolls in my vanilla forts in which they become citizens and quite peaceful.
since now this is possible I can probably go back and remember all the DF community Night troll designs doing fort mode jobs now.

nice! do more comics :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: March 17, 2021, 07:32:07 am »

here's another expedition to find a leader for this fort doodle where a goblin adventurer ask someone in the dark.

edit: fixing broken link.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 03:14:12 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: March 17, 2021, 02:09:50 pm »

Nice!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Madde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: March 17, 2021, 04:15:28 pm »

I finally got around to trying out the drawing tablet I bought last year, and drew a toad man riding a giant fire snail. The lighting and shadows are all over the place (or even missing, I dunno) but I'm overall happy with how it turned out, all the other things I attempted to draw I either got frustrated with and deleted or never got past the rough outline phase.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 02:37:16 am by Madde »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: March 17, 2021, 05:01:11 pm »

Code: [Select]
[img width=800]https://i.imgur.com/mC78EVC.png[/img]

This will crop it down a bit.

Also, very nice!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: March 17, 2021, 07:59:50 pm »

That is a really nice fire snail.  Those reds!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #8394 on: June 14, 2021, 05:47:09 pm »

I made a something:

Already posted it on reddit so I'll just quote the explanation I made over there.

This is a digital "tapestry" I made. Meaning I first drew a pixel image and then wrote a script to make it look more like something material, an actual woven object. Now that I think of it the vertical format makes it look more like a carpet, so maybe that's the word I should have used... that doesn't have the same schwung to it, though.

As for the contents, it tells a story from DF talk #24, in which Toady generated a world using the mythgen demo, and discussed it with Rainseeker and Capntastic. Namely, it tells the story of the dwarves, and how they came to be. Below is an abridged version of the DF Talk exposition, containing only the things depicted in the tapestry.

The great being Fathis shed both its arms, one forming the sun, another the ocean. Fathis also shed much of his hair, and this created the great Thobius. Thobius was however not long for this world, and his blood of his corpse became the Different Place. From the sun came the Evil Test, and from the ocean came the Sephetia demons. In the Different Place, Kobikytai of the Sephitia demons disturbed the Evil Test and the dwarves were born. The dwarves then emerged from the different world, onto the world.

Maybe a quarter of the work went into the texture, and I'm quite proud of how it turned out, so I recommend looking at it in full size :)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: June 14, 2021, 07:55:13 pm »

I made a something:

Already posted it on reddit so I'll just quote the explanation I made over there.

This is a digital "tapestry" I made. Meaning I first drew a pixel image and then wrote a script to make it look more like something material, an actual woven object. Now that I think of it the vertical format makes it look more like a carpet, so maybe that's the word I should have used... that doesn't have the same schwung to it, though.

As for the contents, it tells a story from DF talk #24, in which Toady generated a world using the mythgen demo, and discussed it with Rainseeker and Capntastic. Namely, it tells the story of the dwarves, and how they came to be. Below is an abridged version of the DF Talk exposition, containing only the things depicted in the tapestry.

The great being Fathis shed both its arms, one forming the sun, another the ocean. Fathis also shed much of his hair, and this created the great Thobius. Thobius was however not long for this world, and his blood of his corpse became the Different Place. From the sun came the Evil Test, and from the ocean came the Sephetia demons. In the Different Place, Kobikytai of the Sephitia demons disturbed the Evil Test and the dwarves were born. The dwarves then emerged from the different world, onto the world.

Maybe a quarter of the work went into the texture, and I'm quite proud of how it turned out, so I recommend looking at it in full size :)

How do I get my dwarves to make tapestries in fort mode, and how do I get them to hang them on the walls?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: June 15, 2021, 05:49:00 am »

I think you need the Masterwork mod to do that.

Madde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: August 02, 2021, 06:43:42 am »

Tried to draw a dwarf head from imagination. The beard looks messed up but overall the face turned out better than my previous attempts  :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 09:07:47 am by Madde »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: August 02, 2021, 08:28:06 pm »

Very nice!
Come play Mafia with us!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • not for trees
« Reply #8399 on: May 17, 2022, 02:35:59 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561