Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: McUrists of Agerelics: Weremice, Now Making Artifacts![43.05][Players needed!]  (Read 39524 times)

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McUrists of Agerelics: Winter Wrap Up! [43.05][Players needed!]
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2016, 02:02:24 pm »

Woah, a weremice got a mood?
This is our chance (for science) to have someone insane, then gets healed? maybe.

No, I just dropped the thread (yarn) the moody dwarf needs to the mice and had to extract it.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2016, 02:12:07 pm »

/out of context.

Snacks ponders, if we had were-cats, I can understand dropping yarns for them to play with, but I'm thinking dropping cheese will make our were-mice happier.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2016, 02:36:11 pm »

/out of context.

Snacks ponders, if we had were-cats, I can understand dropping yarns for them to play with, but I'm thinking dropping cheese will make our were-mice happier.

...They should watch out for falling cheese wheels then.

This is our chance (for science) to have someone insane, then gets healed? maybe.

Also, this should be a thing. Because, you know, it was intended to be a well-managed fort (and it is actually well-managed), but some adjustments to it's course have apparently been made, with the addition of a slight hint of madness... You can't be too sure about such things in Dwarf Fortress.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 02:55:25 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2016, 03:31:58 pm »

Also, this should be a thing. Because, you know, it was intended to be a well-managed fort (and it is actually well-managed), but some adjustments to it's course have apparently been made, with the addition of a slight hint of madness... You can't be too sure about such things in Dwarf Fortress.

Don't feel bad, I've seen McDonalds' IRL that are crazier.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2016, 03:48:58 pm »

Man, I like where this is going. I hope you're enjoying the ride as well.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2016, 04:27:07 pm »

I have no idea what's happening lol, I think I missed most of Santume's turn and I don't have the energy to reread everything right now.

I understand that there are wiremice and I'm pretty sure we're currently in lockdown after a bunch of rowdy customers showed up with most of their flesh falling off.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 31, 2016, 05:21:21 pm »

I have no idea what's happening lol, I think I missed most of Santume's turn and I don't have the energy to reread everything right now.

I understand that there are wiremice and I'm pretty sure we're currently in lockdown after a bunch of rowdy customers showed up with most of their flesh falling off.
Second time now they came knocking. Might be harder to get rid of them this time, I relied on travellers going to the tavern but if the tavern has no path I don't think it will attract newcomers (don't know though).
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I uploaded a save from mid-malachite here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12536.

This save crashes on me within one or two days. Can someone have a look whether you share this problem. Since the last update I did a bit of cleanup and build some working (but slow) means of reducing the undead (a minecart grinder and some trap cheese).

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cleared gamelog.txt

about 20k bytes, here's a snippet of the last few lines in the log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also note the date is 17 Malachite, which is a fullmoon.  I wonder if it crashes prior to full moon.

still checking around.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am able to get through 20 Malachite.

From the F4 hotkey (catacombs), I changes all stockpiles to Accept from Links only. 
And also deleted the Give To or Take From.  So this should at least stop any immediate hauling needed.

I also d-b-f items from the surface, including top of trees, and lower elevations.

The weremice transformed ok, so it was not them.

--
Sanctume test save.  I set stockpiles in the F4 hotkey catacombs to Accept from link Only; and remove Give To and Take From. 
I also d-b-forbid anything outside on the surface, on top of trees, and some lower elevations.

The 17 Malachite save did crash; and doing the above progress to at least 20 malachite when I test.

Agerelics 18 Malchite Save

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Second time now they came knocking. Might be harder to get rid of them this time, I relied on travellers going to the tavern but if the tavern has no path I don't think it will attract newcomers (don't know though).
It does. Drew up the bridges in Deathgame and designated zones; visitors showed up nonetheless...Into the reason I raised the bridges.
The x(giant iron axe blade)x strikes the goblin hammerman corpse in the left lower leg and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Which reckless overseer installed weapon traps in 43.04+?

They crash the game when weapons in them break.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do weapons in traps degrade when it attacks and hit armor?

How else would we get xweaponx other than set stockpile to also include refuse?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It does. Drew up the bridges in Deathgame and designated zones; visitors showed up nonetheless...Into the reason I raised the bridges.
The x(giant iron axe blade)x strikes the goblin hammerman corpse in the left lower leg and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Better question: is there any way to deconstruct the trap or block access to it?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Does refuse stockpile degrade metal weapons? Haven't checked myself. But yeah, they do degrade when hitting them. Perhaps that's even displayed in combat log?

Anyway, as they're zombies blocking the path to living should stop them dead in their tracks.

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks sanctume, will try from your testsave later today.

Better question: is there any way to deconstruct the trap or block access to it?

Yes, there is. I usually try to do constructions reversible. (You can lock off the area and change things.) So minecarts all the way is the solution, they don't appear to suffer attrition. Visitors still come and die in droves.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15