Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: McUrists of Agerelics: Weremice, Now Making Artifacts![43.05][Players needed!]  (Read 38994 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: McUrist's Logo (click to show/hide)

Introduction: An Offer Letter
Spoiler: ”An Offer Letter” (click to show/hide)

Here we go! Ladies and gentlemen, I present you McUrist's of '83:

Spoiler: Overview (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Layout (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Southern entrance (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Western approaches (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Drive-in area (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Main level (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Swimmin' humans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fishery (click to show/hide)

Also, a set of rules refined by Sanctume

Hello there fellow Bay Watchers! Since the succession games I've been taking part in are progressing slowly at the moment due to inactivity of players and nothing much can be done with it at the moment, I was thinking of starting another one of me own... As the title suggests, it's gonna be a usual 42.05 succession game with rules, exept for that I'll be taking turns in case there is no one else to play.

So, here's the deal.

Story:

So yeah, we're basically a dwarven aboveground drive in/drive by restaurant. The plot revolves around serving meals and drinks to caravans and visitors. As in real life, the customers don't always need to know the secrets of your kitchen or peculiarities of your general procedures... So yeah, no coffins at the dining room (unless it's a part of design). The rest is pretty similar to well-known Breadbowl sucession game - you grow and find new ingridients, you cook food, you sell it to caravans.

List of Updates:

Monitor Lizard:

Update 1
Update 2
Save

Sanctume:

Update 3 (Introduction: An Offer Letter)
Update 4 (Chapter 1: McUrist Weapon-Free Zone)
Update 5 (Chapter 2: Rodent Infestation)
Update 6 (Chapter 3: Action Plan)
Update 7 (Chapter 4: Hamlet Agesrelic)
Update 8 (Chapter 5: The Mice Come Play)
Update 9 (Chapter 6: The Village Agesrelic, Save)

Khan Boyzitbig:

Update 10
Update 11
Update 12
Update 13 (Save)

taptap:

Update 14 (Introduction)
Update 15 (Chapter 1: Emergency measures)
Update 16 (Chapter 2: Under siege)
Update 17 (Chapter 3: Recovery)
Update 17 (Chapter 4: Injustice)

Rules:

1. Firstly all the important instituitions of dwarven society (housing, workshops, offices, bars, dining halls, depots, storehouses and such) must be situated aboveground. Yeah, we want to be seen this time! The few exeptions to this rule are mines, garbage pits, less important stockpiles (like stone, which might also be kept aboveground) and cemetery (no one has to know how many dwarves died erecting these walls... Eheh, right).
2. Depot should be easily accessible, though you may protect it with bridges. But be careful, we don't want anyone passing the inacessible site!
3. Keep the abovegroung clean and tidy like the fortress itself. No one will visit the restaurant if goblin corpses are piled right next to the door.
4. The only goods available for selling are drinks and prepared meals.
5. Military. As the matter of fact, security guards are good... They must be unarmed though. Use of armor is alright, however, as is training in barracks and such. Still, wrestler only militia. Unarmored hunters should see limited use as soldiers only in times of great danger. EDIT: Crossbowdwarves are good as well.
6. Cooks and brewers are the first-class citisens and must be kept alive at all costs. Refrain from conscripting those as well as the farmers.

Map:

Turn List (yellow-currently playing, green - turn finished!)

Monitor Lisard

TheImmortalRyukan
Sanctume
Khan Boyzitbig
Gwolfski
IcyTea31
taptap

Dwarves:

Tortoise the Founder (Monitor Lisard)
Snacks the first Chef Operating Overseer (Sanctume)
Arena (Arena)
Mistere Frogge the Occulte Frycoocke (Mr Frog)
Boyzitbig the Local Khan (Khan Boyzitbig)

Let the dorfings commence. You might want to give some additional detail if you want someone specific.

Feel free to share your ideas on additional rules, game versions or mods we might use (though I do want to use a vanilla version due to my experience with 43.05 bein very limited). However, if somebody can mod in burgers, salads and pies instead of just stew...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:09:57 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: A Dwarven Drive-in succession/community game
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 02:39:01 pm »

PTW, put me down for turn dos peas and corn
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 04:11:25 pm »

Is it 42.05 or 43.05?

Suggestions: a split biome of tropical and temperate for variety of above ground crops. 

Got to find that thread about food recipes.  The idea would be a food court, or rows of restaurants. 

Exotic (unique combination) lavish meals needs screen shot of ingredients, and if value of a stack.

Can give overseers a chance to open a tavern, inn rooms, decorations, with their own stockpiles of prepared meals; and drinks. taken from the kitchen.  And maybe even raw items (fish, vegetables, etc). 

I'll try to play even if it's vanilla 43.05

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 04:17:06 pm »

I suggest embarking on a road. Added realism.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 05:41:48 pm »

I'm up for it. McUrists may become a reality. Potato Biscuits with Pork Tallow, anyone?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 06:02:04 pm »

Hm, not sure about all that on rule 1. Yes, you're going to want offices to be public, but do you really want every visitor to the settlement be given tour of everyone's dormitories or bedrooms? And kinda hard to prevent learning of secrets of one's kitchen if workshops are public as well.

For embark, you might want to give someone 5 in animal training, so it is easier to improve food palate.

Hm, hunters aren't particularly likely to shoot (giant) keas in particular rather than prowling for other prey, so with being open to the sky the fort might fall to them via vengeful spiral.

FYI: For ability to theoretically* get all boozes, in order of importance you're going to need Dry Tropical Broadleaf Forest, Temperate Grassland, Wetland, Tropical Savannah and Tropical Grassland. Of course, savage/evil/good have 1 crop each for this purpose.

* Practically, a region's population doesn't usually contain all the plants/animals that it could contain, though you can still import and grow the non-trees.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 01:01:06 am »

Or you could embark, retire, adventure for seeds   retire at fort, unretire fort.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 02:48:08 pm »

From the personal log of Tortoise the Chef:

...So I told ma best man Unib I was leavin' the place and starting me own business off in the wilds. That look on his face... Man, I dunno why are the people around so scared of going outside. Like really, why be afraid? It's all pretty trees and cute animals and shit, and that's all. What towers was he talking about? Towers are good. It mean, some rich dudes are around... More rich dudes, more customers, yeah!

The place is way too crowded, you got taverns all over the place. The corporations, dude... They ruin small businesses and make shit burgers! Like really, the competition is too high, man... So I signed up for that McUrist's program, you know... They give you loans and you build a new restaraut for them. I say, that's gonna be neat. We'll make the best restaurant in the outback dudes!

So yeah, I am gonna organise a roadside drive-in for caravans and git sum sweet profit outta that. McUrists of Agerelics they call it... What is Agerelics by the way... A town? A highway? Dunno really.

So well, I did gather some supplies and hired some good dwarves... They told me to get a guard or two for our expedition, but man... Who needs security guards? Like really, they cost a lot and do nothing all day... We'll do alright without them. Instead, I hired two woodworkers and got some additional pack animals.

Man, 'twas really boring. We rolled for days past some backwater mudhuts and unwashed peasants... Who even travels this days? No one, exept maybe caravaneers, rich kids, beggars and madmen.

That Agerelic place turned out to be fucking damp-ass boonies. Trees are all-around. Man, I hope they have some kind' o supermarket here...

Wait, did someone say- OH ARMOK WHY

A-a-a-h. W-h-h-at do I d-do wit' wolves? G-g-giant fucking wolves... They can take your whole hand off right... PLEASE SOMEBODY PROTECT ME!

COME ON YOU SLACKERS, SOMEBODY BUILD A HOUSE FOR YER BOSS OR SOMETHING!

We really need a fence here... Uh, what am I talking about, they can probably jump over it wit' ease. A wall! A huge wall! And bridges! So they can't get me!

Oh dude... At least, the waterfall's pretty. I like it. The animal caretaker guy says he heard some wild boars to the north... I hope they aren't coming early and goring us in the butt or something... We gotta catch them for the sweet bacon they'll provide. People love bacon strips! Even filthy elves love it!

Tirist his name is... He's a nice guy, a bit of a slacker he is, unlike me! I am working hard for the glory of Hot Holes! Or... Was it Hot Mines? Eh, who cares. Your boss demands drink! Bring me apple juice!

[/URL]

First, we will build a wall so nasty wolves can't get us!

Then, we will build it to the second story so climbing giant spiderwolves would fuck off!

We are also building some bridges and roads so our restaurant is all pretty and such! Man, I am a great architect.

Some farms to start off the food production... And we're doing the aquifier thing! I wish I knew what the aqui-flyer thing was... The miner knows, and I hope he won't fuck up! I am so gonna cut his wages if he fucks up!

Miner reports he founds some valuable dulla-might. Yes thank you, I know what dolla might is, heh... He found some stone for us as well, and did not his the aqua thingie as well.

I guess, my management bolsters production and make it most efficient! Dude, thats' cool.

Yes! More workforce! Some ragged dudes, mostly fisherdwarves... What are they gonna fish for here, wallets? Eh, everyone's welcome. They'll make good waiters, I am sure.

There are twelve of us now, and one of the migrants turned out to be an accountant! Good, no one swindles us now... We're gonna show them! Remind me to put him to bookkeeper's work.

There was some commotion inside, a group of bug-like savages bursted in and started to babble something about the land being theirs or something... I was all like "okay" and "file a complaint please" when one of the farmers started shouting angrily and was all like "Unleash the dogs!" and so one of the tribals got bitten hard and the other fled in fear. How violent and... Barbaric! I feel bad for them. Nothing much I can do now, though.

The peasants gave some name to the attacker dog.

Beds are being made, and a dog gave birth to cute puppies! They are like tine wolves but not angry and rather fluffy. They SERVE and PROTECT us like the good little doggies they are. Say what, I'm now letting in customers with dogs, cuz, eh... We have like a ton of those he already.

A kobold thief! A SWINDLING SLIMY BEGGAR SCUMBAG! You tiny... Somebody stop him!

Ah, he made away before we could show his what it's like to be caught stealing from McUrists AGERELICS! At least he didn't steal anything.

Great, a caravan! I hope they had the ads placed... Welcome to new McUrists, dudes! Unfortunately, we're not opened yet, but mind I offered you drinks?

A liason! What is he doing here? Was he going to some fortress? Wait, what's with all the paperwork now?

More puppies! One day they'll become war dogs so we can walk around freely without fear of wolves or kobolds!

Uh... You want us to... Eh, I understand the prepared meals part. What's the rest? Taxes? What about taxes? I have a charter from His Majesty!

These are the violent dog's puppies... I wonder, will they do as well in battle as their mom?

Oh look, a lizard! I want a pet lizard!

Since the fishers arrived, they've been catching tons of mussels in the brook... I gotta tell someone to process them so they won't stink up the place... What are we gonna do with those anyway? Mussel soup? Mussel salad? Served raw mussels? Add those to the menu!

What else we have there? Let's see... Vegetarian grass salad. Yam potato salad. Spicy salad. What about burgers! I want to see some burgers made!

Okay, now have our first hall opened! It's called The Curled Butters for some reason. Probably because we serve Curlsberg pale ale on tap?

So yeah, guys, we've started. An tropical/borderline temperate embark with fancy neighbours.

Like, really fancy. I was expecting the dead to besiege us really soon since it happened in other games of mine.

PTW, put me down for turn dos peas and corn

Done.
Is it 42.05 or 43.05?

I'll try to play even if it's vanilla 43.05

Yeah, it's vanilla 43.05 pretty much.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:56:50 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McUrists of Agerelics: Dwarven Drive-in succession/community game
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 03:35:53 pm »

Nice, I can't wait to discover what plants and trees we have. 

Are you going to keep track of sales?

With an accurate bookkeeper, a Before z stock screen of Prepared Meals and Drinks, and an after trade numbers.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 03:44:17 pm »

This sounds interesting, I would like a try but are you sure having an unarmed militia is a good idea with TWO groups of necromancers nearby?
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 04:56:59 pm »

This sounds interesting, I would like a try but are you sure having an unarmed militia is a good idea with TWO groups of necromancers nearby?

ingenious traps

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 06:26:03 pm »

meat grinder for the burgers

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 01:05:55 am »

What fun, looking over a thousand of plants to find the one sun berry.

Ah hell, d-p them all, hope the undead don't eat them (speaking of which, no overhang on walls?) and then look what's in kitchen menu / seeds stock.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 01:08:19 am by Fleeting Frames »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 02:18:33 am »

Turn pls

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 02:26:33 am »

What fun, looking over a thousand of plants to find the one sun berry.

Snip of prospect Shrubs:
                BERRY_SUN :         1 Z: 114

Ah hell, d-p them all, hope the undead don't eat them (speaking of which, no overhang on walls?) and then look what's in kitchen menu / seeds stock.

If you have dfhack, GETPLANTS BERRY_SUN should mark it. 
However, that's risky for a dabbling herbalist as you can get 0 plants.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15