Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: McUrists of Agerelics: Weremice, Now Making Artifacts![43.05][Players needed!]  (Read 38983 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: McUrists of Agerelics: Dwarven Drive-in succession/community game
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 02:46:38 am »

Yeah, isn't dfhack convenient? Instantly know if you got what you want and get it in 1 job instead of a season or several with overproduction and risk, or spending hours with k.

I forgot about the 0 plants limit, though :v

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 01:16:04 pm »

Honestly, I would abstain from overusing dfhack if possible. Of course, it can get some things done, but let us not go too fanatic over ingridients and such. After all, they can be obtained via trading and such.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 01:38:23 pm »

That's an easy thing to accomplish, given that dfhack isn't available.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 07:35:09 am »

And now, back to business.

When we arrived at this place a good year ago, I admit, I thought for a moment we would have never lifted off... But we have done a lot to civilize this backyard swamp! Soon, the most well-known houses of The Hot Mine will be jealous of us! Raspedpaints! Chewedweeled! Even baroness Rith of the prased Wetbust cabaret!

I am so proud to meet OUR FIRST CUSTOMER! Sakzul the Bard! We're getting POPULAR lads!

Huh, I wonder... Since the liason is related to one of our fisherdwarves, won't she mind spending 5 minutes of her precious time on a promotional engraving seccion? That'll boost our sales for sure... Biring me that happy uncle of hers!

Allright, what we got here? More salads. Plump helmet soup... Mussels. What about meat! I've told you already, I want burgers on the menu! Get more cage traps around the restaurant or go catch the giant burds by yourself, I don't care.

Alright, it's spring already! The installation's mostly finished, though we out to build living quarters, finish offices... Add a nice overhanging lodge, a gazebo... I can't wait to continue my administration! Let me first-

What are you talking about? What? What Overseer?... I am your boss here! You're not- HELP! It's a revolt! Somebody call the guards! MUTINEERS! BANDITS! Where is everyone loyal to my administration?!

Agrh, those peasants. They'll ruin it! They will drive the project to it's end! What am going to do?... I am filing a complaint! Yes! The CEO of McUrists will certainly help me! I must hold out until... What are you looking at? Go do the cooking! This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

I'm uploading the save. TheImmortalRyukan can take their turn, although I won't mind if they go for Clobbermountains first due to sheer epicness of the place.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 07:44:16 am »

Got to love the random names of other fortresses. Wetbust? Sounds like an interesting place.

I definitely would like a turn, pity we cannot have kobold soup and goblin burgers but there should be plenty of other interesting snacks wandering around.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 08:06:33 am »

The Hot Mine? Nice name.

Hello Èrithasiz. Wonder if other races also show up?

Iirc TheFlame52 mentioned it takes about half a season to cage trap all of 3x3 map edges.

(You could build walls, but I'm unsure if that would have FPS effect given how channeling out does (though there's the retiring workaround))

I like mushroom soup :)

Ooh, a giant cardinal. Here to proselytize?

Sounds like you want another turn :3

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 09:31:44 pm »

NVR MND!

Skip me pls, prof. just handed out a big assignment, gonna be busy for a bit
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:32:21 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 02:26:06 am »

NVR MND!

Skip me pls, prof. just handed out a big assignment, gonna be busy for a bit

Alrighty! The manifest lists Sanctume as our next player, though I am not sure if he really asked for a turn or it was just me. If they aren't taking the turn, it will be Gwolfski's time to shine.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 08:46:49 am »

I'll try to play even if it's vanilla 43.05

Literally the third post.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2016, 02:45:54 pm »

I saw this, yeah I'll play next.  I'll check the download this evening.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2016, 10:32:30 am »

So, how are things?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2016, 11:48:03 am »

Slow going, not having Dwarf Therapist.  I do more reading and planning before I commit to unpausing.

In my McUrist notes, I thus far have:

1. I installed a 24x24 pheobus tile set, which goes to the main df data/init, and not affect the save itself.

2. I have some intro notes done, and chosen my character--still unsure what nickname to use

3. I wrote down listed migrant wave, name, current title, gender, age, and some of relationships

4. I considered looking into the deity story arc, but I will probably not go that route.  I also did not go deeper writing down dreams, preferences, and likes.

5. Gamewise, I wrote down the current food, plants, drinks stock, lack of meat and trying to puzzle out how I should "re-do" some of the farm plots.
This is where I'm hesitant to unpause, because I want to move the above ground farm plots z-1 then floor over them to make the corresponding workshops. Also because some of the plots are stone, and even holes.

6. I have some trees designated for cutting, as I want a nice 1 Olive grove tree, and whatever fruit trees nearby.  But I am debating if I should add fencing (2z walls) around this orchard.  Then debating if I want to access this orchard via basement tunnel, or overhead bridge tunnel?

7. The current tunnel from farms to the "dollah-might" mines would be vulnerable to surface trees maturing and leaving holes when cut down.  So, I was thinking putting a road over it. 

8. And I'm unsure how to expand on adding floor and rooms on the z+2 level.  Only pop of 14, and this is a construction heavy project.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:41:36 pm by Sanctume »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2016, 11:53:59 am »

With low pop, keep things as underground as possible I guess.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2016, 02:34:55 pm »

6. I have some trees designated for cutting, as I want a nice 1 Olive grove tree, and whatever fruit trees nearby.  But I am debating if I should add fencing (2z walls) around this orchard.  Then debating if I want to access this orchard via basement tunnel, or overhead bridge tunnel?

7. The current tunnel from farms to the "dollah-might" mines would be vulnerable to surface trees maturing and leaving holes when cut down.  So, I was thinking putting a road over it. 

8. And I'm unsure how to expand on adding floor and rooms on the z+2 level.  Only pop of 14, and this is a construction heavy project.

Well, I guess there was no need for such a detailed report, since we'll only need names and profession. Anyway, thank you for keeping track on migrants, I usually limit my reports on new faces to a pair of screenshots.

I am actually okay with using Therapist and such, the only thing I'd rather avoid is altering the save (so it's good that you chose a graphic pack that does not fuck up graphics for those using vanilla).

As for the aboveground construction, you may do what you want, use whatever materials you want. There is no limint on traps or bridges. Still, no underground quarters, that's the challenge.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15